M.P. 07-Aug-15
David Mitchell 07-Aug-15
gobbler 07-Aug-15
Babysaph 08-Aug-15
Babysaph 11-Aug-15
WV Mountaineer 12-Aug-15
gobbler 13-Aug-15
03-Aug-15
Man I am glad I hunted In Africa when I did. Peta people are now going after another Dr. in Pittsburg. Apparently he hunted at Melorani In S. Africa and now they are on him about the animals he killed. It will get to the point that any animal taken will be picked apart by Peta and it will ruin the hunters life.

03-Aug-15
JR, I am glad I did too ! Although haven't hunted there as many times as you did, I'm sure glad that I hunted Zimbabwe when I did---Thanks for putting that trip together !

God bless ya

Ron Miller

04-Aug-15
Heck I am afraid to kill anything now Ron. With the internet police and all the peta public you never know what will happen. LOL

04-Aug-15
Fear by the hunter is what they want to promote. And, playing their game is what you do when you are afraid of doing something that you are legally entitled to do. I don't understand either of these things.

I've been told "You have cancer. It's in your lungs, your stomach, and we are looking for it in your brain now." I have laid in a bed with a blood pressure of 52 over 38 for two days. Only remotely remembering my pastor, my wife, and my mom and dad pray for me when I woke up occasionally. I have watched my wife fight for her life for the last year. I watched one son nearly die from a miss-diagnosis of meningitis. So, I refuse to let a bunch of wind bag lunatics scare me from doing something I love and am entitled to do if I have the means to do so.

To each their own but, by bowing down to their scare tactics, you are playing the game the only way they can win. Hear me on this, if I were not currently self remodeling my home, my wife hadn't just been put on a temporary medical leave of absence, and I had the time to do it, I book the first African Safari of the day tomorrow morning. It is just the way I am programmed. And, I'd post it all over facebook to boot. God Bless

04-Aug-15
I hear ya. but the dentist that did just that is now out of a practice and will never ever be able to work again. No practice will touch him with a ten foot pole. Being self employed and depending on patients word of mouth is different. Patients don't want to be seen going in and out of that practice even though what he does for a living has nothing to do with what he does in his free time. Just the way it is. But otherwise I agree with ya. It is a sad world we live in. And I am glad you are doing better Mountaineer. Sounds like you have been through it.

04-Aug-15
My dentist is a bowhunter and that's one of the reasons I go to him. BTW - Mike Tupta, DDS for anyone in the Charleston area. It's nice to talk hunting when I'm visiting the office.

Support those who support us!

04-Aug-15
My patients are the same way Lil Bear. Lots of them hunt around here. They enjoy talking hunting. But then there are some that don't want anything killed and they bust my chops occasionally. It only takes a few of those marching outside of an office holding Teddy Bears and Lions to scare off patients. LOL. Kind of like now all cops are considered bad cops and racists because of the few past events. The squeaky wheel gets the grease as they say. And with social media it is like a wildfire. I am seriously considering taking down all my hunting pictures on my office walls and replacing them with generic outdoor photo's. But then again I am so close to retiring it doesn't really matter. LOL

04-Aug-15
JR, the dentist will thrive in time. It is their tactic to scare people like you away. And, in your case, it is working. You aren't giving the level headed American any credit with that way of thinking. hunter or not. Things aren't as skewed as the media would have you believe on morals, liberalism, etc....

Sometimes people follow a person who shows principal or uses a principal to define where, how, and whom they do business with. If you feel the way you do, that is your business. It is my belief that most of the people I'd want as a patient, if I were a dentist or any independent contractor that required word of mouth advertisement and referrals, don't feel the way you do and refuse to allow a bunch of nut cases to dictate where and how they do business and live their lives.

There are only 3 million PETA members worldwide. there are 25 million hunters in America alone. We have the numbers. we are the ones that has the facts on our side. The idiots should be playing by our rules and currently, they have to. The only way that changes is if we bow down to them in fear. God Bless

04-Aug-15
Yes, we have the numbers but they have the left wing press and can make life totally miserable and even destroy people's reputations and careers they wish to target. I wish I could agree that the culture is not as skewed as the media would have us believe, but I'm not sure of that at all. They did elect Obama twice! Where were the level headed Americans? Even after he told us what he intended to do, and then did it in the first term. That does not convince me that the majority of Americans are very informed. Scary! So the dentist may "thrive in time" but how much time? What does he do in the meantime to support his family--what about his patients? Will they be afraid to be seen walking into his office if he does manage to reopen his practice? What if some idiot decides to take vengeance for poor old Cecil? His address has been put out on the internet.

I see the leftist feeding frenzy as indicative of the decay of our culture. Way more fuss about Cecil than the millions of babies murdered in the abortuaries of Planned Parenthood and their little baby organs sold for profit. Where are our straight-thinking Americans on this? Where are the Republicans we elected to take things back under control? They don't stop anything!!! I'm fed up with both parties.

No way would I want to hunt in Africa now--no way, no how.

04-Aug-15
JR, JUST HANG PICTURES OF OUR CAMP AT DENTON HILL,I THINK YOU'll BE SAFE.

05-Aug-15
I hear ya Farmer. Man I missed you this year. I drank your share of the Camdens though.

05-Aug-15
I hear ya Farmer. Man I missed you this year. I drank your share of the Camdens though.

05-Aug-15
I couldn't agree with you more Dave. Whether or not we have the numbers does not matter. It that happened in my practice I would never be able to recover for it. The media runs the country and they are all over this. Zimbabwe doesn't care one bit about that lion. They want to get the dentist over there to punish him for the sanctions we put on them. Do the research. They kill their own people but are so worried over a lion? And Dave is right. These Peta people care more about animals than humans. Our country will never be the same. We are totally outnumbered by the people that voted Obama in the last two terms. I don't see that changing anytime soon. I have found that most people will just stay away from that dentists office instead of supporting him. Just the way it is. I guarantee you in my area he would never get a job because of all the negative attention he would bring. Kind of like the cop in Missouri last year. He can't get a job anywhere. It only takes one loudmouth to get the ball rolling on something like this. That is one reason I keep what I kill to myself.

05-Aug-15
It looks like their ploy has worked on you guys already.

Dave, 33% of registered Republican's voted last election. 33% is all. If the remaining 67% hadn't been lazy and, defeated in their mind by the same propaganda, Obama wouldn't have won the general election. Instead, they WERE beaten by the propaganda preached into their minds and, the self pity it causes, before the poles opened and, they just "didn't go". Sound familiar? Sure does to me.

Like I said, it's your right to feel the way you do. I'm just glad I don't. I'm not calling anyone out or knocking their feelings. I'm just pointing out mine and the way I see things. Praise the Lord for that. God Bless

06-Aug-15
BTW, I just read all your post Dave. So, I'll finish by saying percentages say the numbers of non hunters and hunters far out number anti hunters. I'm sure his community is the same way. If he opens the door, people will come. Mainly because the average person has not a real care about this.

Remember, the media isn't polling the non hunter or, the hunter. They are searching out and finding the lunatic, left wing nutbag to get their opinion. I imagine that there are private property laws and harassment laws where the dentist lives and, works as well. The simple fact is the dentist has chosen not to open his shop. At least in everything I have read.

I guess it is all in the way a person perceive's the facts we do have. I do believe one tends to find what they look for. God Bless

06-Aug-15
But it's the people that are on the fence about hunting that will stay away from the good doctors office when there are 100 people outside yelling and screaming with their lil stuffed Teddy bears and lions. That dentist will never work again as a dentist. I know in my area no one would hire him because of the trouble he would bring.,in a perfect world what you say is correct. And we will be outnumbered again in the next election also by the people that want a handout. I'll bet on it.,

06-Aug-15
If that is what you believe JR, than that is what you believe. However, If we get out numbered in the next election, refer to a previous posts as to why we will be. It isn't the fence riders beating us. It is us because we choose to be beaten by not standing up for what we support. Sound familiar?

There is no perfect world. Never has been and won't be for a long time. Laying down and refusing to fight for it doesn't change anything. Only heightens the problem.

I don't know either of you personally. But, you both seem like good men. Pillars of the community. You have a chance to continue to set a tone concerning hunting and our way of life. How you handle that is your business. But, I know reputable men are needed to garner support for hunting instead of hiding the fact that they hunt. The future of hunting depends on it.

God Bless

07-Aug-15

gobbler's embedded Photo
gobbler's embedded Photo
I am glad I did it too. Out of 3 safaries to Africa my second was the best. Lots of memories and experiences that I will never forget.

This is a klipspringer

07-Aug-15

gobbler's embedded Photo
gobbler's embedded Photo
Guinea fowl for dinner

07-Aug-15

gobbler's embedded Photo
gobbler's embedded Photo
Civit cat

07-Aug-15

gobbler's embedded Photo
gobbler's embedded Photo
My wife's kudu

07-Aug-15

gobbler's embedded Photo
gobbler's embedded Photo
One of my kudu

07-Aug-15

gobbler's embedded Photo
gobbler's embedded Photo
Sable, they are a beautiful antelope

07-Aug-15

gobbler's embedded Photo
gobbler's embedded Photo
Now, the bad boys

07-Aug-15

gobbler's embedded Photo
gobbler's embedded Photo
Unnamed generic lion

07-Aug-15

gobbler's embedded Photo
gobbler's embedded Photo
Lions are big predators. Death in the long grass.

07-Aug-15

gobbler's embedded Photo
gobbler's embedded Photo
Black Death

07-Aug-15

gobbler's embedded Photo
gobbler's embedded Photo
Rest of big 5. White rhinos

07-Aug-15

gobbler's embedded Photo
gobbler's embedded Photo
Good bull

07-Aug-15
Great pics.your full size lion mount looks great. I remember seeing it at bluestone before they delivered it to you.

07-Aug-15
Greg, excellent pictures. Thanks much for sharing them with us. I'm sure you have some great memories of those hunts.

07-Aug-15
Thanks guys, pictures not great. Taken before digital photography.

08-Aug-15
Nice trophies. I dare not put my pics on here. (I'm still working) when I retire I will . Lol

11-Aug-15
Thank God the hunting ban has been lifted in Zimbabwe. Looks like they like our money after all.

12-Aug-15
Congratultions Greg. Those are awesome. God Bless

13-Aug-15
Thanks

• Sitka Gear