T Mac 08-Aug-15
cityhunter 09-Aug-15
deerman406 09-Aug-15
Peepin Tom 10-Aug-15
deerman406 15-Aug-15
04-Aug-15
Double post

04-Aug-15
I just saw the updated season change for archery only areas. They quietly finalized the plan. Antlerless only for the first 15 days.

06-Aug-15
Same for Long Island 1C as well

07-Aug-15
It's been a few days since the DEC took another bite out of the archery season with the new plan of antlerless only across parts of the state for the first two weeks.... The DEC wildlife biologists are totally out of control and have no regard for your opinion as a bowhunter. No prior meeting, no comment period, did you see any published bulletins? Nothing!! If the bowhunters in this state don't WAKE UP and start screaming, there won't be an archery season. Just think to yourself,,, why do they keep implementing changes to the archery season and not the gun? The DEC biologists love to stick it to the bowhunters because they don't act or get involved. G-MAN.

07-Aug-15
Next step will be crossbows through out the archery season ...

07-Aug-15
Yep stuck it right in they really don't care what the bow hunters think. It appears the muzzleloader guys got it stuck to them as well anterless only in late muzzleloader season. Wait until next year we may get the antler restriction for archery season then let the gun guys have no antler restriction after the first week . 99.9 percent of the bowhunters have no idea what's coming.

07-Aug-15
Everyday NY reinforces me that I have to leave it ....this place sucks.

08-Aug-15
I can't speak for other units but in 1C they want more does taken to thin the herd. The DEC thought process is that guys will want to still get out early season after 6 months off and take some does. I will save my better places for 10/15 on and hunt areas where my town requires you earn a buck tag by having to kill 2 does first! Works for me!

09-Aug-15
trial153 im trying to leave this place it suxs

09-Aug-15
What about 4J, I cannot find anything about it. Shawn

10-Aug-15
"Next step will be crossbows through out the archery season ... "

Was kinda surprised it didn't happen this year.

15-Aug-15
It is all the bow only areas it looks like. Also last week of season is doe only, so us guys who have land in bow-only areas loose 3 weeks of hunting bucks. That is pretty lousy. DEC are idiots if they think we will shoot more big does because of this. I shoot doe fawns only in the early season it helps and I am not killing 3 deer by shooting a big doe who will be bred and most likely have 2 fawns next year. Also the crossbow thing is coming and I would say by 2016 they will be legal all bow season. Shawn

• Sitka Gear