New York
Contributors to this thread:
1stTimeArcher15 06-Aug-15
sweet old bill 07-Aug-15
pogo 07-Aug-15
longbeard 07-Aug-15
Trial153 07-Aug-15
06-Aug-15
I decided I wanted to pick up bow hunting this year so my husband got me a used bow. It's nice and I like it..a diamond Black Ice. However, he just got the Elite Synergy, all snow camo. It is nasty. I have been looking and contemplating on getting the Spirit in the spring. It's all real pricey so I'm going to use what I have now and get a new one then. Any thoughts? Thanks!! I'm so psyched for the season to start!!!

07-Aug-15
can not say but Elite has been one of the top bows now for several years. They have a great draw cycle, bow is made to be user friendly , has good speed and a great back wall. But the true test is go to a Elite dealer and shoot the bow, only you can tell how it feels in your hand.

good luck

Bill

07-Aug-15
Bill gave great advice. Do not decide on which bow you like until you have a chance to compare several different bows by drawing and shooting them.

Four years ago I decided to get a new bow after I got permission to hunt a new farm. I was always a PSE shooter and loved my old bow, but I am getting older and a 70 pound bow was getting hard to draw, especially in the colder weather.

I went to a major archery dealer to buy a new PSE but decided to try out others at the dealers suggestion. The three different bows in the 50 to 60 pound draw weights and price range I felt I could afford. They were Diamond, Bear and PSE.

After drawing them several times I fell in love with the Bear. After shooting it from 10 to 20 yards, I was convinced it was the best one for me.

Good luck this season and welcome to the wonderful world of bow hunting. Enjoy and please share your experiences here with the rest of us.

07-Aug-15
You really can't go wrong with any of the big name bow companies. They all make great products. But now there are a few new companies out there that are starting to produce quality bows also. Elite is a great example of this, a company that is relatively new and is making a quality product. I was always been a BowTech shooter but about a year and a half ago I decided it was time for a new bow. I did exactly what SOB and Pogo suggested and shot probably 6 different bows. Long story short I ended up falling in love with an Elite E32 and now shoot it on a daily basis. Elite wasn't even on my radar when I first walked into the bow shop, so keep an open mind and shoot as many as possible before you make your decision. Also keep in mind that some bow shops will push specific bows to try to make a sale because they may be getting more of a % on that sale. Therefore its important to visit more than one shop. Good Luck

07-Aug-15
The spirit is the nicest shooting short draw bow I ever shot. So nice I had to set one up for myself at 28 60#... I cheated a bit to get 28.5 out of it....it a great shooting little bow. Smooth, easy to tune and holds lock solid.

• Sitka Gear