Southern boy 10-Aug-15
bevrhunter 11-Aug-15
Southern boy 11-Aug-15
bevrhunter 12-Aug-15
Southern boy 12-Aug-15
bevrhunter 12-Aug-15
Southern boy 13-Aug-15
10-Aug-15
Anyone here ever hunt Greenwood wildlife area in waushara county? How is deer hunting in that area?

11-Aug-15
I wouldn't waste your time with greenwood. back in the day it was only open to bow hunting, then they opened it for gun hunting. the first year it was a slaughter. its never been the same since. I would check out the mecan river public hunting.

11-Aug-15
Is Mecan River bow only?

12-Aug-15
no it is not. just like any other public. open for anything. I would suggest hunting the portion east of county rd. GG. follow creek way back in to were it becomes swampy.

12-Aug-15
I like swamps. Thanks

12-Aug-15
good luck. welcome to Wisconsin!

13-Aug-15
Thanks. Actually last year was my first time huntig Wisconsin. A friend of mines has 80 acres of family land we hunted. We saw plenty of deer, just no bucks. My plan this year is for each of us to take a doe on his property and then check out some public areas that might be holding some good bucks. I plan to spend a full day scouting and then 4 days hunting. I'm just looking for a good starting point on some public land or the MLF properties. I'm trying to stay close to Coloma since we are still learning the area. I loved it up there last year. It's tough bowhunting in louisiana during october because it's always still pretty hot in October. I'm looking forward to enjoying some cool wisconsin weather and hopefully sticking a good buck this year

• Sitka Gear