cottonwood 02-Nov-15
cottonwood 02-Nov-15
cottonwood 02-Nov-15
comando 07-Nov-15
cottonwood 08-Nov-15
Stinkbait1 09-Nov-15
MichaelArnette 10-Nov-15
11-Aug-15
Howdy fellow Oklahoma bow hunters, Just curious what you guys are seeing this year as our season begins in a few weeks. I've been seeing more deer than in previous years and have not yet seen a doe without twins. It looks like the heavy rains have helped both with getting a growth as well as cover and scent control during fawning season. I'm primarily hunting in northeastern Oklahoma in Rogers and nowata counties In my early-season scouting I've seen good antler growth and age structure too. I've also noticed that the ticks and other bugs are particularly awful this year. How about you?

13-Aug-15
I too hunt rogers county. I haven't got my cameras up yet but cruising some country roads home in the evening I've seen a lot more deer than I recall seeing the past few years. I'm hoping for a solid deer season and rut. Then im off to the duck blind and goose fields

17-Aug-15
I hunt just south and east of Tulsa. Been seeing a doe with a single fawn by my house on a regular basis. Just got cameras set up last weekend. One guy on my lease got picks of 3 nice bucks together in his field. Looks like we will have a bumper acorn crop this year. Saw lots of post oaks that were loaded. I spoke with a rancher in Coweta on Sunday. He said he's seen more does with twins this year than he has seen in a long time. I think its going to be a great season for big antlers. Lots of food and water this year.

26-Aug-15

Graysquirrel's embedded Photo
Graysquirrel's embedded Photo
This

28-Aug-15
Nice! Stud bucks for Oklahoma!

31-Aug-15

Cunttree's embedded Photo
Had my camera out for 2 wks now. each week I've gotten over 100 pic mostly of bucks with a few does and a couple of fawns thrown in. Hoping they continue to use this area. I've been lucky to get sole hunting rights to it since last year. Good things do happen once in a blue moon. This is a natural area, I use no attractant, mineral, feeders ect. The area is used to run cattle on and I can't fence off an area to put a feeder up. But there is natural feed that attracts them thru the year; plum, mountain ash, honey suckle, brier, and the rancher plants 20 acres in winter wheat.

31-Aug-15

3 of the bachelor group.

19-Sep-15

velvet has been dropped in my area. still seeing the bucks in bachelor groups. A few fawns with spots still showing up. Good to see they are doing well.

21-Sep-15

Stinkbait1's embedded Photo
Got a few deer and these punks. Area is around Bixby. They didn't steal anything from me (yet anyway) but there have been a couple of guys on my lease that have been hit already this year. If anyone knows who these guys are, send me a pm.

Thanks,

Rob

21-Sep-15

2nd pic.

23-Sep-15

live2hunt88's embedded Photo
Got pictures of this guy last week. He's coming in pretty regularly every morning and evening and some other times through the night. Hopefully I can close the deal on him next weekend. I'm off Thursday-Sunday so fingers crossed!

23-Sep-15

28-Sep-15

checked cameras on last time sunday and he's still coming through like clock work. Hopefully he keeps it up until Thursday evening!

19-Oct-15
I haven't seen a buck yet this season, I'm a little surprised! Ill be hunting my private land after giving it a go on public land starting on Halloween so we'll see.

19-Oct-15
I haven't seen a buck yet this season, I'm a little surprised! Ill be hunting my private land after giving it a go on public land starting on Halloween so we'll see.

20-Oct-15
My buck pics have gone way, way down the past two weeks. Still getting a few small bucks and does but the bigger guys must be out roaming a bit. I did find a fresh scrape Saturday morning.

20-Oct-15
I haven't seen any rut activity where im at in Rogers Co. Haven't had a buck picture since a couple days before opener. Hopefully the next few weeks gets them moving good

21-Oct-15
I haven't gotten a single buck picture on public since July when I put my cameras out. I took them all down by opener and had one stolen and the other tampered with so maybe those had some but gosh I hope it gets better in the next few weeks.

23-Oct-15
Got a couple shooters, and a gonna be hard not to shoot 9 pointer. Another camera has 40 pictures or so, over a two hour span, of two smaller 8's battling it out. Pretty cool pictures. Haven't had pictures of bucks since before opener. Nowata county.

24-Oct-15
well, they're starting to move just a bit

25-Oct-15
I agree Me and a bud got a buck each this weekend ...From what I saw Smaller bucks are starting to move in Pott co.

26-Oct-15
I should of said smaller bucks are moving latter in the morning but bigger bucks are moving as well Saw a ten point at 5:30 pm no shot ..But,shot a 8 point at 6:00 pm Saturday...And My hunting Bud shot a seven point Sunday morning at 8:45 am.Btw We were using smoke poles. Also, it is getting cooler this week should be good. I got to work out of town or I would be back out there. looks like some pre rut activity to me..

26-Oct-15
In my experience, things really kick off about the middle of the last week of October. Very few deer were seen on my property this past weekend. Also, I think I only heard 3 shots in two days. That's not typical for where I hunt. Even the good ol' boys that like to target practice for 6 hrs a day weren't shooting.

27-Oct-15
I think a lot of people are crossbow hunting and not bothering with muzzleloader.

02-Nov-15
Seen a little movement Saturday Not much sunday but did take out a coyote ..

I have not seen any scrapes really.. Have yall?

02-Nov-15
In all my years of hunting I believe this was the slowest muzzleloader season I ever experienced. I hunted a total of 5 days and saw 5 deer. 4 of them were yesterday morning when I saw a tall spike chasing 3 does. This is the first pre-rut activity I've seen. I did find a couple of fresh rubs but no scrapes. Things seem to be a week or two behind. The other thing was I heard very few muzzleloader shots. Typically, I hear several shots each morning and evening either on my lease or from the surrounding lands. This year shots were few and far between. But, the good thing is that the next couple of weeks should be really good bowhunting.

02-Nov-15
I found my first scrape this weekend on my private land spot. I have a camera by it so looking forward to seeing what's happening there...nice thing is its just 20 yards upwind of my stand. I heard quite a few muzzleloader shots this weekend.

02-Nov-15
...I haven't seen a mature buck yet. Passed up a 7 yard shot at a spike Saturday and a fork horn Sunday.

02-Nov-15
...I haven't seen a mature buck yet. Passed up a 7 yard shot at a spike Saturday and a fork horn Sunday.

07-Nov-15
They were moving some this morning ..Saw what looked like 2-3 year old buck looking hard for a hot doe.. came in down wind of bedding area..I think it is getting better ..

08-Nov-15

cottonwood's embedded Photo
cottonwood's embedded Photo
world's longest spike

09-Nov-15
I hunted Friday afternoon through Sunday evening. Saw deer every sit except Sunday eve. Quite a bit of chasing going on. But, no mature bucks chasing. I saw 3 little bucks chasing 1 doe Friday evening. They wouldn't leave that poor gal alone. She wasn't happy as she was blowing and trying to get away from them. I saw a nice 8 pt Sunday morning. He was just walking through the woods at a steady pace giving soft grunts every so often. I grunted at him with my call and he ignored it. Guess he wasn't fired up too much yet. The next two weeks should be really good.

10-Nov-15

MichaelArnette's embedded Photo
MichaelArnette's embedded Photo
Got a real good luck at this buck as he worked a scrape 40 yards from me...That's me the stick figure wishing he was closer as the picture snapped.

• Sitka Gear