Southern boy 13-Aug-15
razorhead 13-Aug-15
Klinger 14-Aug-15
Screwball 14-Aug-15
WausauDug 16-Aug-15
Pasquinell 16-Aug-15
stagetek 18-Aug-15
12-Aug-15
We have a group of guys get together every year to drive several areas of outagamie, winnebago, and surrounding counties. Unfortunately a few guys dropped out for the upcoming year. Anyone have any suggestions on new areas to drive? Also, if this isn't too weird anyone interested in driving with our group? We're all guys that met up over the years out bowhunting and at archery shoots. Since we're short a few guys we could really use the extra boots. We all alternate from driving to posting... We've shot a few REALLY nice deer over the years, a few deer that broke 150 and one that scored 164. If interested feel free to post. Thanks guys, really appreciate it.

13-Aug-15
You mean driving deer with bows? That's how I got back in to archery. Back in the day we use to drive areas around Mosinee, it was a blast. Shot my first deer on a two man drive.

13-Aug-15
with the right guys it can be done with great success

13-Aug-15
A slow sneak by archers who knew a great buck was bedding in a small parcel produced the biggest bow-killed non-typical ever shot in our area. When some people who don't know any better think of drives, they think of guys hollering and ringing bells, blowing whistles etc. to get deer to high-tail it out long before they're near. The idea is to bump deer from beds as gently as possible so they either try sneaking ahead, to the side, or circle back to waiting posters. Many times we shoot deer standing completely still, or just gently loping, start-and-stop and look back style. Sure beats seeing nothing (and blaming the DNR and wolves for "no deer") once deer know the hunt is on.

13-Aug-15
How bout this stop doing them ! Sorry but I hate drives. Used to do them but after having a bullet come over my head I have stopped. The bullet actually was redirected by a boulder on the ground. Yes we think we found it as the shooter traced his missed shot.

13-Aug-15
I don't mind deer drives. Pretty hard to outlaw deer drives and hard to enforce. This post is about deer drives with a bow and not about guns and bullets! I hate ATV's so how bout they stop them as well!

13-Aug-15
Hunting October Whitetails -Wensel

13-Aug-15
I wish I could still do deer drives Age has caught up. I do shoot deer off other folks drives tho. I am on a stand and they drive past me. I don't cut in. Very few noisy drives anymore.

13-Aug-15
How does these drives affect the still hunters? How common is deer drives on public land in central wisconsin?

13-Aug-15
let me know when and where, give me a week or so heads up, I love bow drives

14-Aug-15
keep us posted. i'd be interested as well depending on the time and place. do you make it into shawano or waupaca co?

14-Aug-15
It is a blast and quite successful. My brother, son, and nephews do this on small patches. Still hunt through with the right wind. Shot some good bucks doing this.

16-Aug-15
that Wensel drive video segment is awesome!

16-Aug-15
Pretty amazing! They were pretty good at it.

18-Aug-15
Our group used to drive all the time. Bow and gun. But, the Tigerton Lumber Co. sold off the land, and now everything is posted. It's ok though, these old joints now prefer sitting.

• Sitka Gear