sswv 30-Aug-15
UCMDEER 30-Aug-15
gobbler 30-Aug-15
gobbler 30-Aug-15
sswv 30-Aug-15
14-Aug-15

sswv's embedded Photo
sswv's embedded Photo
just curious how everybodys foods plots are doing? one of mine is doing very good and the other is slowly catching up.

14-Aug-15

sswv's embedded Photo
sswv's embedded Photo
here's a close up of the smaller plot. I planted it July, 11th. I used bio logic green patch plus in it. I used outfitters blend on the bigger plot and it's not quite as tall and thick as the smaller one but I'm hoping it catches up. These plots are on one of the highest places in Mercer County.

15-Aug-15
Your plots look good. I have 3 plots in clover this year. Two are doing good but the 3rd is in mingo county and I haven't seen it since it was planted. I planted sunflowers and artichokes in 2 small plots and the deer got them early. The sunflowers got ate as soon as they started growing and the same with the artichokes. The deer even dug up the dirt getting to the root in places. They were Jersulum artichokes.

15-Aug-15
Man they look nice and healty.

15-Aug-15
Mine were doing good until last month. We have not had a measurable rain in 3 weeks. Ground is dry and rock hard. No rain in forecast till next Friday. Might plow under and put in some fall blend

16-Aug-15
What part of WV do you live in and, that hasn't gotten measurable rain in three weeks? God Bless

16-Aug-15
planted turnips, rape and clover aug 5th, had good rain on the 6th, they germinated and are up about a half inch, but we haven't had a drop of rain since

17-Aug-15
Jefferson county hasn't had any rain in 3 weeks. We need it bad.

17-Aug-15
Yup Jefferson County. Looks like we are going on 4 weeks. Chance of rain tomorrow, but hopefully Thursday. Hopefully soon so I can plow up the ground for some fall plots.

17-Aug-15
Yes - holding off on planting here in Berkeley County too.

17-Aug-15
Sorry guys. It has dried up here lately but, we haven't been a week without measurable rain since spring. God Bless

18-Aug-15
got rain last night and I'm hoping it helps my bigger plot to catch up with the smaller one. I've tried planting later like recommended by the seed company but where my place is it doesn't seem to have enough time to fully mature into large plants before the frost hits. I have friends planting now and personally think it's a bit late but they're not as high up as me. anyway, good luck to everyone.

30-Aug-15

gobbler's embedded Photo
gobbler's embedded Photo
2 field with NWTF mix of sudan sorghum, WGF sorgum, milo, and foxtail millet. Going to leave them for deer, turkey, and dove.

30-Aug-15

gobbler's embedded Photo
gobbler's embedded Photo
When the WGF sorghum heads up and matures the deer eat them like candy.

30-Aug-15

gobbler's embedded Photo
gobbler's embedded Photo
Just got thru plowing and tilling in forage soybeans and planted with forage oats, winter wheat, winter peas, brassicas, and daikon radishes in 2 fields. Fertilizing with 300 lbs triple 19 and 50 pounds of urea per acre. Now just waiting on rain.

30-Aug-15

gobbler's embedded Photo
gobbler's embedded Photo
Bears hitting autumn olive now.

30-Aug-15

gobbler's embedded Photo
gobbler's embedded Photo
Who? Me??

30-Aug-15
thanks for the pics. always good to see what others are doing. that sorghum looks very tasty.

30-Aug-15
NEED RAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30-Aug-15
I'm hoping for some bands of rain from that hurricane .

30-Aug-15
20% chance tomorrow and 40% chance Wed. Fall plantiings are always tough. It's so rain dependant. But as long as you cultipact after you seed it should be fine until it rains unless a bunch of turkey and doves move in.

30-Aug-15
I'm with you guys. bring on the rain.

• Sitka Gear