arpy00 15-Aug-15
Per48R 15-Aug-15
Zinger 15-Aug-15
wibuckwatch 15-Aug-15
JDECK 18-Aug-15
15-Aug-15

Turkeyhunter's embedded Photo
Turkeyhunter's embedded Photo
This doe has been showing-up regularly on a couple of my trail cameras.

What is curious is the blemish just behind the right forequarter. Haven't been able to obtain a close-up but it is an obvious deformation or blemish of the skin on the animal.

Is this a naturally occurring blemish? I can't tell if it's a fibroma or not.

Or might it be the consequence of a botched bow-shot. A wound caused by a deflected arrow or poor shot placement? Is it healed or is it festering? From all outward appearances the animal appears healthy. She has been mothering a fawn.

15-Aug-15

arpy00's embedded Photo
arpy00's embedded Photo
It is amazing what a Whitetail can survive from...without getting a closer view, it will be tough to figure that one out. In that vein..what do you think happen to this guy?

15-Aug-15
Could be as simple as a spot she keeps licking. Might be a mites, ticks, skin lesion, injury or what vets call a "hot spot". Could be pine sap, or other stain. Might have been some kid with a BB gun and she now has an infection and oozing.

15-Aug-15

Zinger's embedded Photo
Zinger's embedded Photo

15-Aug-15

wibuckwatch's embedded Photo
wibuckwatch's embedded Photo
Check out this deer with a hanging tine that must have gotten sliced on something.

18-Aug-15
arpy00, I shot a buck that was a mirror image of the one you posted and had a euro mount done. On the deformed side he had a damaged pedicle and a deformed eye socket. It appeared he broke bones in his face and the did not heal correctly.

• Sitka Gear