razorhead 25-Aug-15
JackPine Acres 25-Aug-15
HunterR 25-Aug-15
Naz 26-Aug-15
RutNut@work 26-Aug-15
glunker 26-Aug-15
Naz 26-Aug-15
17-Aug-15
Antlerless tags went on sale today at 10 and of course the DNR turned it into a massive "cluster f##k". I logged in at 9:47 and could navigate the site fine; logged in again at 9:57 and was placed into some arbitrary queue where my waiting time went from 5 minutes to 19 minutes so their system wouldn't crash. Bottom line is it took me 29 minutes to complete a 30 second transaction and if I wanted a Wood County public land tag I would have been out of luck.

17-Aug-15
Imagine that, only one customer and they screwed it up.

17-Aug-15
You mean that online license company from down south? It cost Wisconsin some jobs, but it saves Wisconsin taxpayers $$$. LOL

17-Aug-15
That darn Walker!!!

17-Aug-15
Do the anterless tags normally sell out or will they still be available in a couple weeks? I'm a non-resident and I may buy my license online to save time when I get up there

17-Aug-15
Am I missing something here? I hunt in the north where it will be buck only this year. No problem with that but it says the Dec. 10-13 antlerless hunt means no bucks can be shot.

That means there will be no hunting here those four days. Now that is just stupid.

17-Aug-15
Lincoln was nearly sold out by 11:30

18-Aug-15
My cousin & myself were fortunate to get "Public Land' Central Forest tags. in Wood Co. & Juneau Co. these only had 75 tags & 100 tags available. I am guessing that they sold out in less than a minute. as these are for big public areas (Sandhill & Necedah). Very fortunate. As we do a lot of drives in those areas during the Gun season. hard tags to get especially for public land

18-Aug-15

Naz 's Link
More info on the sale dates with a link to check.

18-Aug-15
I just happened to be in Fleet Farm in Appleton Monday Morning, There was a very long line. I was surprised as that part usually has plenty of doe tags, I didn't get any as my Wife and I have 4 already and I haven't shot a doe since EAB in Waupaca Co.

19-Aug-15

TrapperJack's Link

25-Aug-15
I walked into fleet farm yesterday, bought a tag for Waupaca Co, and got a public land tag today for Fond du lac Co, with quite a few left...... no lines, nothing....

I wonder how the CDAC come up with the quota numbers?

anyway, I like the idea, they are taking pressure off of public land, with few tags, and more tags for private, it might work out well, who knows, we will just have to wait and see

25-Aug-15
I'm still waiting for mine to come in the mail after purchasing. Has anyone received theirs yet?

25-Aug-15
I thought the DNR was having trouble getting people to kill enough deer on private lands when tags were free, guess I'm not sure how they think charging $12 per tag will help but heck, they're the experts not me. ;-)

26-Aug-15
As you well know, it was the anti-DNR crew who wanted to eliminate free tags as they knew there would be fewer purchased/used. Of course, now that there's no in-person registration, if probably doesn't matter. Once wild turkey went to no in-person registration, the tag sales slowed dramatically. I'd expect similar with deer.

26-Aug-15
" Once wild turkey went to no in-person registration, the tag sales slowed dramatically. I'd expect similar with deer."

Are you suggesting that call in reg causes people to be illegal?

26-Aug-15
Elementary, by limiting the supply the demand goes up. If you think you have something special or rare you get it and use it.

26-Aug-15
Not suggesting anything, it is what it is.

• Sitka Gear