WV Mountaineer 20-Aug-15
Publichunter 20-Aug-15
17-Aug-15

shakyheadsabol's embedded Photo
shakyheadsabol's embedded Photo

17-Aug-15
So when is the BBQ?

17-Aug-15
Is this in the 4 boar hunting counties? or outside? Just curious if they are still around or spreading. Thanks!

17-Aug-15
That's a biggin. What County?

17-Aug-15
Be interested too know what county too. God Bless

17-Aug-15
Farmers hog got out. Saw one here in Jefferson county several years ago.,

18-Aug-15
Monroe county...it's a Russian boar from what I'm told by local experts...not an escapee, verified.

18-Aug-15
Well that would mean there are more wild hogs in Monroe county than the hog hunting counties. Lol:)

19-Aug-15
seen one when I was a child. Father killed one in 1993 in boone county. Would give anything to see them start back. People don't even get pics anymore.

20-Aug-15
In the last 5 years I have seen pigs 2 times while I was traveling I-79. One was at Burnsville and my best friend called me a couple months later when he saw the same hog or at least another one there. The other sighting was of 2 pigs further south on I-79 in maybe Clay County. I can't remember the exact spot.

20-Aug-15
He doesn't look like a Russian boar. He looks domesticated. So, feral at worst. Just my opinion. And, I'm no hog expert.

I bought a tract of timber on Stony Ridge in Mercer County 8 or 9 years ago that the landowner had cams on. He started getting pics of a pot belly pig and a lone sow hog that had escaped her pen somewhere. He'd send me pics of them every week or so.

I was out on the back of the Log yard one evening, prepping for a log sale and here came that same pot belly pig! This was 11 months after he stopped sending me pics!!!!!! It strolled right through like it owned the joint. It was about 2 miles as the crow flies from his land to the mill. As far as I know, the pot belly may still be on the loose.

A pig is a tough animal that can and will fend for themselves. Almost all will get wild and turn into a nocturnal ghost, in a hurry, if you don't fool with them. FWIW, I think the sow went into his freezers as the final couple sets of pics he sent only contained the pot belly. God Bless

20-Aug-15

Publichunter's embedded Photo
Publichunter's embedded Photo
There's a hunting preserve up there with goats, buffalo an elk im sure that's one of the lucky one's that escaped. It does look like a Russian. Its for sure not a pot belly and i think the nose is to long and forehead to flat for a domestic escapee lol but i'm not pig expert either

• Sitka Gear