Treerat 20-Aug-15
RC 20-Aug-15
ronsoutdoors 20-Aug-15
Boris 26-Aug-15
Dale Miller 27-Aug-15
RC 28-Aug-15
Brad Gehman 31-Aug-15
18-Aug-15
It has been ages since I bought trail cameras, but the last one finaly bit the dust.

My purposes are general nosiness, casual scouting and observation, not super serious "pin down the biggest and baddest buck". I'm looking for something above low end pricing, probably mid-range or slightly above.

What do the Bowsite experts and users (cameras that is) suggest?

18-Aug-15
I would suggest the Browning BTC5 - 10 mp- only uses 6 AA batteries and they get great life. Go to TrailCam Pro.com and read the reviews. They review them all quite fairly.

18-Aug-15
Agree with X-Master. I got a Browning from them this year and so far no complaints. I also have a Cabela's 8 mp (can't recall model) and no complaints on that one either.

18-Aug-15
I like the promos truth 35 & blackouts for the price & battery life I have 12 of them the pictures and trigger speed is not the quality of Cuddeback but it's good enough to see what is out there my favorite cameras are cuddleback and I have 5 of them, best trigger speed and picture for my money. You can buy almost 3 primos truth 35 for the price of one Cuddeback on Natchez shooting supply website when you buy more than one.

So if you want just one great camera I would buy a Cuddeback long range IR or if you want to cover more spots get 3 primos

Mike

18-Aug-15
my experience that cuddeback is best for money , I did have a primos 35 but it never worked properly ,the company didnt back up their product when i sent it back will never use another of theirs

18-Aug-15
Browning btc5. Cuddeback sucks..

18-Aug-15
Ron that surprises me because I have sent a couple primos cameras back over the last 4 years and they always have sent me back a new camera if it was within the 1 year warranty.

RC, coming from someone who thinks PBR is good beer your Cuddeback comment is in unfounded ; )

TB

18-Aug-15
I have 2 of the least expensive cameras made (Moultrie and Simons) and they work just fine. Far from perfect but fine for my purposes. I have a more expensive Wildgameinovations and it just seems to be more sensative. All have good battery life. 2 cheapies use double AAs.

19-Aug-15
I have been using the bushnell trophy cams for years now. They seem to work pretty well. I just bought 4 new ones this year and went with the 6 MP instead of the 8MP because they were on sale for $70.00. Probably won't get those again, the night time pics are very graney. Guess you get what you pay for though.

19-Aug-15
Yes Mr. Perry:)

19-Aug-15

RC, coming from someone who thinks PBR is good beer your Cuddeback comment is in unfounded ; )

AMEN! ;-)

19-Aug-15
Well Mr. Perry, I just did a search for the best trail camera reviews. Three different review sites and there was not one mention of cuddeback cameras in any of them:)

20-Aug-15
Ya know Mikie Ole boy I've been on my best behavior as of late, but now ya did it. LOL

20-Aug-15
Brings back good memories Rut ; )

20-Aug-15
LOL

20-Aug-15
Treerat , they told me it would cost to much to fix and offered me a different camera for $89. ,didnt set well when i already had bought their camera and it didnt work from day one

26-Aug-15
Have 2 wildgame games. A both seems to be a one time use. I get a ton of pictures the first time out. Then, whe I reset the camera, it won't fire up. I have tried everything, even contacting the company. They tell me to send it back with the receipt. How many keep the receipt. My moultrie works just find. Don't know what to do.

27-Aug-15
Thanks for the ideas, maybe I'll actually get somewhere to shop.

28-Aug-15
Amazon.com, Dale.

31-Aug-15

Brad Gehman's Link
Buy the trail camera and get a reduced price on the bear boxes.

• Sitka Gear