South Farm 27-Aug-15
TC 27-Aug-15
Novice 27-Aug-15
stagetek 27-Aug-15
Tonybear61 27-Aug-15
Bloodtrail 28-Aug-15
Argoman 10-Sep-15
20-Aug-15
Looking for a new ground blind. A pop up hub style preferable. After looking at a number of blinds the quality is just not there. Any one use a Barronett? I like them because you have the room to stand up in them. I have not seen one set up but they seem the best from what I have read. Thoughts??????

20-Aug-15
I have the Barronett Grounder 350. I'm 6' 5" and can stand up in that blind. It's quality made and Barronett is a Wisconsin company that stands behind their product. I had one of the canvas pole pockets wear through causing the pole to protrude. They sent me a brand new blind no questions asked. In fact I received it before I even sent to the old one out.

20-Aug-15
I have one that is a shorter model very happy with it.

21-Aug-15

Pete-pec's embedded Photo
I have two 350's and a 250. They are made for a tall chair. I use a plastic lawn chair with a plywood sheet screwed to the legs for reinforcement. The windows are high, and if you want to only show a slit, you will need to have a tall chair, or shoot crouched and standing a bit. Personally, I love the blind. With a 20% off coupon at Dunham's, hard to go wrong. They are zippered windows.

Here's a picture brushed in.

21-Aug-15

The first one is taller as the 350, this one is perfect for archery and the 250.

21-Aug-15

The view that really matters from the 250 sitting comfortable on a lawn chair.

21-Aug-15
I have yet to find one better than an original Double Bull. Unfortunately, they got bought out and are not the same. If you can find an original Prostaff, T-5, or T-2, let me know because I will buy it! I actually just had the top corners of my T-5 just patched locally. Its seen it's better years, but it can't be replaced. There are various things to consider with a ground blind. Where the double bull excels is the fabric and camo pattern. Most blinds are made out of nylon type material, which makes for a shiny finish. That's a no no in the whitetail world. Obviously, camo is important too. Double bull uses predator patterns (again the originals are best.)

21-Aug-15
In my opinion, deer don't dig blinds without some brushing up, so for me, I'm always going to brush them in, and then I look for comfort. I agree with double bull being a great blind, but you will pay a premium price because of their inherent cost for commercialization promoted by the top dogs in the hunting industry. I support Wisconsin by buying the alternative, and their price rocks!

21-Aug-15
The next ground blind I buy I will look at hub design. They are not all created equal. Some hubs are more prone to break rods.

23-Aug-15
I bought a Barronett Grounder 350 last year after the season and love the fact that you can stand completely up in it. A big plus for us tall people. Also like the zippered windows which allow you to choose how much of an opening to have plus when not in use you can keep that rain and snow out unlike the blind windows that just have a few tab areas to close the window and lets in rain and snow.

26-Aug-15
Back about 10 years ago me and a buddy went on-line and bought every used T-5 we could find. We have 11 of them. Lucky for us his wife is a sewing queen and we have patched and reinforced very corner. The poles we just buy the carbon fence post that match the diameter of the original poles.

Blind hogs, we are. Just got back from WY and we had 7 put on water holes and they all survived the Wyoming wind and cows to live another year. Next up Elk, Mulies, and Wt.

2 of our 6 goat kills and 1 coyote were due to the silent ease of dropping a back window. Only the T-Series offers this IMHO.

Eric

27-Aug-15
They always talk about how quick and easy it is to pop these blinds up, but seldom do they say how easy it is to pack them back up. The one time I tried I looked like a monkey humping a football before finally giving up and dragging the damn thing whole back to the truck! Tell me who makes one that folds up EASY??

27-Aug-15
X2 South Farm. Every time I have to fold the darn thing up I pay close attention to how I do it and the next time I still can't figure it out.

27-Aug-15
Cootswatter, no wonder I can't find them anymore! Southfarm and TC you must not have ever used an original Double Bull. Fold back up and fit right in the carrying bag. Having the shoulder strap makes it easier to carry. I can easily put a folding chair in the bag as well. Have also slid collapsible turkey decoys & a shotgun or rifle in it too. Unless you have a takedown recurve or longbow, your bow probably won't fit as easily, though!

27-Aug-15
My DB Matrix is still going...thank God. The Barronett windows are too high and adjust from the bottom up. Brilliant. Works ok as a gun blind. Not a great blind for bowhunting.

27-Aug-15
Double Bull blind, Eskimo hub fish house, fold up the same way. Start with the top, then the sides. Don't let the poles cross. You can replace the broken/lost poles with electric fence glass poles at Fleet Farm or Menards.

Also give natural blinds a try. # 1 dig small hole for feet close to a mid sized tree used as backrest. Sit on the ground or a short beach chair. #2 Pile branches, brush in a trapezoid, square or triangle around you. #3 Use a branch, vegetation roof, supplement with camo netting.

Alternatively find a well placed natural blow down. Cut, trim your way in to the center of the mess, dig a small hole. Trim and pack the open spots with brush, camo netting.

Woah animals can come in close if you place it right. Survives for years too.

28-Aug-15
Pete-Pec is the MASTERR of blind coverage!

10-Sep-15
Mark UPS estimates $35 to $40 to ship to Wisconsin. I will pay anything over $35. If your still interested let me know. I can ship after the 18th of Sept. Skip

• Sitka Gear