onX Maps
sequoyah NWR
Oklahoma
Contributors to this thread:
rancher 21-Aug-15
ryan85 30-Sep-15
21-Aug-15
My son drew a youth hunt in there in Oct blackpowder hunt. Does anyone have any hints they would share from down there. I have never been there reading his letter sounds like they assign a hunter an area did I read this correctly. Also looking for quality animal if possible just trying to gain some insight any help would be appreciated. Im guessing there should be alot of acorns this year with the moisture im hoping. What is the terrain like? Thank you guys in advance.

30-Sep-15
My wife drew a doe hunt up there a couple years ago. Beautiful place with lots of deer. Seen some really nice bucks. They do assign you an area to hunt usually there will be another hunter in the area. Get with them and decide where yall will hunt. The terrain is flat and wooded some ag fields. They had some wheat and soybean fields planted when we were there. The people at the refuge are really good people. If your area doesn't work out they'll give you somewhere else to hunt. take a pop up blind or chairs to sit in or just sit on the ground. Good luck

• Sitka Gear