Publichunter 27-Aug-15
Babysaph 27-Aug-15
WBowhunt 27-Aug-15
bgram 27-Aug-15
Babysaph 27-Aug-15
WBowhunt 28-Aug-15
Babysaph 28-Aug-15
25-Aug-15
Really bummed about this new law about no mineral sites in the Eastern Panhandle. For the first time in 4 years I stopped maintaining my mineral site. And since July I have watched as my trail cam pictures went from over 150 pics in a week to less than 20. I still have some food plots, but not getting the pictures. Gonna be really difficult to survey what is out there and their condition.

25-Aug-15
Yes I totally agree with ya - i am trying some synthetic lure for licking branches and mock scraps. Getting some results with it but not like with the trophy rock I was using.

26-Aug-15
Lots of people in those counties won't know how to hunt this fall. LOL. I would say it will be statewide except for the fact that the deer kill will drop down too much. Gonna be tough for the DNR to decide if they want too many deer or CWD. Lets face it. Lots of deer are killed baiting. So are lots of bears. JMO.

26-Aug-15
I never hunt over mineral site, but did use it to determine what was in the area. Guess my hunts will just be a surprise this year.

26-Aug-15
Funnels and mock scrapes combined make awesome camera sites. Play with different sites and you will eventually find the best spots for your camera. A narrow part of a field or a narrow spot between two fields or roads leading into a fields. If you have a few cameras depending on property size you should get a very good idea of what bucks are on your property. Water holes, fruit trees, field edges and of course Trails are also good.

27-Aug-15

Publichunter's embedded Photo
Publichunter's embedded Photo
here is an example to help you out

27-Aug-15
I wasn't implying you were hunting over them . But lots of guys do.

27-Aug-15
I wish I had the option. I only have 6 acres. So I do not have a lot of options. The property I hunt is 100+ acres that adjoins my property, but the land owner does not allow cameras on his property. So I appreciate the advice, but I am outta luck.

I know what you meant babysaph. I was clarifying my frustration with pictures.

27-Aug-15
Publichunter I sent you a PM.

27-Aug-15
Wonder why the landowner doesn't allow cameras on his property?

28-Aug-15
Babysaph, Basically when I asked about placing some trail cam's out the land owner said he and his family regularly take walks around their land and they were just not comfortable with potentially unknowingly having their pictures taken, especially their younger kids. I can respect that and being my land adjoined the farm, I was always able to get pictures at my mineral site for what was in the area, so it really was not big deal.

28-Aug-15
Ok. Makes sense. I was jw

• Sitka Gear