T Mac 26-Aug-15
Peepin Tom 01-Sep-15
deerman406 03-Sep-15
Peepin Tom 03-Sep-15
deerman406 04-Sep-15
Peepin Tom 08-Sep-15
deerman406 08-Sep-15
26-Aug-15
Does anyone have suggestions for a quality locks. Went out the other day to find another tree stand and ladder stick stolen on private property. Its not the first time but it gets old fast.

26-Aug-15
The best lock,, is the one you can find the key to a couple years after you hung the stand... I can't find mine and I have a stand that is stuck on the tree with no way to loosen it. LOL

I am sorry for the fact that some dirtbag has decided to invade your land and steal your stuff. I would suggest a decent cable lock though. You can buy a 3 pack for about %15 at Gander Mountain. Just make sure you lube the lock boxes once the season ends, otherwise you will get rust in them.

Good luck, Jay

26-Aug-15
The problem is, if someone wants the stands no lock is gonna help. Dirt bags just carry a good hacksaw and bolt cutters. Shawn

26-Aug-15
scumbags, cant keep there hands of things that dont belong to them

26-Aug-15
I went through the same thing a few years ago. After researching chain and locks I realized I was spending more then the value of the treestand. I put simple cable locks from harbor freight on my stands and have not had a problem. It keeps the honest people honest.

01-Sep-15

Peepin Tom's Link
This is what I have on my higher end lock-on's..

03-Sep-15
Peepin Tom, still the cable can be cut with bolt cutters. That is a lot of money right there, most of my hang-ons were $25 dollars on sale at Dicks, so I can buy two stands for the price of one of your lock sets. Shawn

03-Sep-15

Peepin Tom's Link
Those cables are almost impossible to cut with a bolt cutter and I use only Gorilla air ride stands which are not $25 so I don't mind spending a few bucks to know they will be there when I go to hunt.

Here is one for you....

04-Sep-15
Sorry Tom, just saying if some idiot wants your stand, it would be pretty simple to steal, actually very easy even with that lock set-up. I do not bother anymore and it would cost me 6 or 7 grand to put out Gorilla air ride stands. I maintain 56 treestands and 10 ladder stands, plus some permanent stands and several ground blinds. I also see Gorilla looks to be out of business so maybe I am wrong, maybe can pick some up for $25. Shawn

08-Sep-15
HAHA No worries DM, I only maintain 5 stands so I'm not as invested as you are and I used to work for a bike company so I already had a few of the cables in my garage. I will say the newer cable I purchased are no where near as nice as the originals.

08-Sep-15
Just messing with ya PT. Most stuff today has gone to crap!! Good Luck this year! Shawn

• Sitka Gear