Contributors to this thread:
Publichunter 29-Aug-15
woodstick 29-Aug-15
Publichunter 29-Aug-15
woodstick 30-Aug-15
L.S. 31-Aug-15
David Mitchell 01-Sep-15
29-Aug-15
Just wondering if anyone has ever hunted Pipestem. Drew a tag for the controlled bow hunt and wondered what it would be like a real hunt or do they assign areas or will i be able to do my own scouting. any info??

29-Aug-15
I think this is the first hunt for Pipestem. I've been on the hunts at Stonewall Jackson and Blennerhasset island, and they assign a tree to hunt from. You can't shoot unless you are in that tree and at least 8 feet off the ground. There are some free roaming areas, but they are usually for gun hunters.

29-Aug-15
If i had knew that

30-Aug-15
You should get a packet from the dnr that will explain the hunt. In the past, you could chose between free roam and fixed location when you applied. With the new online applications, I think the only choice was gun or bow. The fixed spots are for the sake of keeping the hunt safe and avoiding conflict with other park visitors.

31-Aug-15
Assign areas. Won't be much to it in the park. I live next to the park and the does are thick in there.

01-Sep-15
Lonnie is right, at the fall rendezvous last year you could see does roaming around all over the golf course most of the day. Deer were everywhere.

• Sitka Gear