Mathews Inc.
Sept. 19-20,2015: Strictly Sticks 2-Day!
Pennsylvania
Contributors to this thread:
HARRY CARRY 01-Sep-15
HARRY CARRY 01-Sep-15
HARRY CARRY 01-Sep-15
hawkeye in PA 02-Sep-15
HARRY CARRY 02-Sep-15
Red Beastmaster 02-Sep-15
HARRY CARRY 03-Sep-15
HARRY CARRY 10-Sep-15
stickhunter 12-Sep-15
DaleHajas 12-Sep-15
Red Beastmaster 12-Sep-15
HARRY CARRY 12-Sep-15
stickhunter 14-Sep-15
hawkeye in PA 14-Sep-15
HARRY CARRY 15-Sep-15
RC 15-Sep-15
Red Beastmaster 17-Sep-15
hawkeye in PA 17-Sep-15
RC 17-Sep-15
Red Beastmaster 17-Sep-15
HARRY CARRY 17-Sep-15
RC 18-Sep-15
Red Beastmaster 18-Sep-15
RC 18-Sep-15
DaleHajas 19-Sep-15
RC 19-Sep-15
Bob Hildenbrand 20-Sep-15
HARRY CARRY 20-Sep-15
Red Beastmaster 21-Sep-15
hawkeye in PA 22-Sep-15
01-Sep-15

HARRY  CARRY's embedded Photo
What a GREAT Summer it's been for Traditional Archery!

And, guess what? IT'S NOT OVER YET!

"Strictly Sticks Traditional Archers" 2-Day shoot is Saturday and Sunday, September 19-20th, 2015. Three days before Summer ends.

Earlier this year, the "Sticks" crew decided to move the shoot to lessen any chances of conflicting with other shoots, as happened in June 2014. With scheduled Sportsmens club activities and other events throughout the spring and summer, this weekend in September 2015 was chosen. Though it is not 100% clear for everyone involved with Traditional Archery, we'd still like to invite our friends both old and new to join us.

We will provide the place to escape for at least a couple days, if you are willing to bring your bow, your arrows, and the willingness to shoot a typical "Sticks" course or two. We invite you to camp out, hang out, and maybe out-shoot the folks you look forward to seeing each year, and sometimes more often. And, we invite you to take things a bit less seriously for a few hours, getting away from the time clock, for a chance to shoot, and laugh...

Feel like camping out? Come Friday, stay til Sunday. The club has some ongoing work being done on the property (the Trap range is being cleared of lead-shot), but there is still space for folks to camp out. ((We've seen how self-sufficient many of our camping friends are with their gear and set-ups!)) The shower room is still there, as will be the camper's accessible restroom.

"Sticks" knows our schedule will never fit everyone, nor will our event be as grand as ETAR/Denton Hill.

But...we're not trying to be ETAR, and we couldn't handle a few thousand folks anyhow!!!

We are...WHOMEVER COMES TO SHOOT! Simple as that. As it should be.

Consider your schedules for September 19-20, 2015. Consider your travel plans and options. And consider if if "Strictly Sticks" can be a part of them.

QUESTIONS? COMMENTS?

We have a FaceBook page: Strictly Sticks Traditional Archers.

We have an email address: [email protected]

And/or: ask them right here!

It's your choice: but The Crew does hope you'll join us!

We hope to see you... And...THANK YOU! From: The Crew

01-Sep-15

01-Sep-15
On the "Directions" page, kindly disregard the telephone number listed on the bottom of the page. "Sticks" uses email, messages or FaceBook, and the club phone has "technical difficulties". This is an older version of the directions page that I did not mean to submit here...sorry for any possible confusion!

02-Sep-15
Planning on it for at least a day!

02-Sep-15
Jeff: you "put up with us" for almost an entire day last Saturday at Seneca! That took a lot of fortitude! Bless you! ((I guess you simply want to test just how strong your fortitude is, by coming for a visit at the 2-day, and seeing us again so soon. We'll let The Voices know you are coming...!!!!))

See you then, Jeff, maybe Harry, and any other family members who want to tag along. AND HUNTER, TOO, IF HIS LITTLE LEGS ARE RESTED!

02-Sep-15
See youze guys there. Can't wait. Definately spend Sat night, maybe Fri too.

Randolf, I'll have the turkey print.

03-Sep-15
QSL Red!

10-Sep-15
Just a bump up....September 19 is getting here rather quickly!

12-Sep-15
Can we camp there?

12-Sep-15
I'll be camping there Tom.. Me n my wife are planning on staying over.

12-Sep-15
I'm planning on camping.

12-Sep-15
Tom, yes, you can camp there. (It's been a few years since we've seen you, Tom!) There is space around the parking areas, plus a couple of other spots that can be camped. The building/clubhouse does have a small single-stall shower room that was added on a couple years ago. Restrooms inside the building, and there is a restroom in the pistol range part of the building. Nothing fancy, but functional.

An FYI: the town of Scottdale, just down the road a couple miles, will be having their Fall Festival celebration the same weekend. If anyone planning on visiting Sticks has family members who are not "Archery Oriented", but enjoy smalltown festivals/fairs (craft booths, food, that kind of stuff), this may be an opportunity to make everyone in the family happy in one trip: the Archers can Archer, the Festivalers can get all Festivalled-up! Just something to consider!

14-Sep-15
Ok Dave and Dale . I'm gonna try to make it Saturday afternoon and stay the night. Probably gonna hunt Sat. Morning.

14-Sep-15
HC. Check your mail.

15-Sep-15
I just replied to you Jeff. I wrote a book, as usual.

15-Sep-15
Ah the Kecksburg chronicles are alive and well.

17-Sep-15
Hawkeye, I'll see you and Dad at breakfast Sat AM. I'll be there by 8:00. Mr Perfect will be rolling in soon after. Gonna spend the night then hit it again Sunday.

17-Sep-15
Ok Red, Glad to see you can handle a manly breakfast again;) Should have a grandson on Saturday and possibly a nephew on Sunday.

17-Sep-15
I'll be blessing ya all with my presence on Saturday:) Kenny Williams is coming Saturday also.

17-Sep-15
Thanks for the warning Roy.

Hawkeye, I never said I was actually eating the Pass Through Breakfast. I said I'll see you then. I'll be eating a granola bar. My body's a temple you know.

17-Sep-15
Hey: a late update: I think Dave and the Kitchen Crew will be having Pancakes and Sausage for the breakfasts this time around. And personally I'm TOTALLY A-OK WITH THAT!!

HARRY CARRY, 10-7, out of service on Archery detail. C Yinz Later. (You, too, RC....!)

18-Sep-15
I don't like pancakes. :)

18-Sep-15
I don't like you.

18-Sep-15
 photo DCP01094.jpg

19-Sep-15
zat Caitlyn Jenner?:)))))

19-Sep-15
Her sister :) And geeze oh man, Red gave me a hug at SS today. I was a little leary:)

20-Sep-15
Thanks to Randy and the gang for the shot. Sorry I couldn't make it over on Sunday. Good shoot bro. Thanks again.

20-Sep-15
THANK YOU, Bobby and Cindy, and EVERYONE ELSE who stopped by Sticks this weekend.

It's a CREW EFFORT....my fingers just do the typing of what the Voices tell me.

We had 57 Archers stop over during the weekend, plus their friends and family, and other guests. A good crowd. Even a young family with a 5 month old baby who was riding around on Dad's or Mom's back, taking all this Archery stuff in.

Saturday night's weather was a bit nasty, but Sunday morning was spectacular. Didn't seem to cause any problems that the crew was aware of.

The Steel Wolf (THANK YOU, RED....I never knew!!) was lurking on the course, and was quite hungry....even brought a buddy along to test an arrow's STOP ability!!

For the Eagle Eye Challenge, it came down to Dennis Filippelli and Malorie Smartnick as the 2 Archers to continue past the first elimination round. But it took 3 more rounds for Dennis to have to winning arrow, smacking the orange dot pretty much dead center.

Congratulations, Dennis!

The Sticks Crew would simply like to thank everyone who took time from their schedules to stop by. Up again early 2B and a couple other Archery events, we know people can't be everywhere they want to be.

Just know that as long as we can, we'll try to offer the best that we can, as far as the opportunity to have a little fun away from home goes, with your bow and arrow.

Pretty soon, the time for our Winter Season single-day shoots will be upon us, so we'll get the word and schedule out as soon as we get all the plans put together. Right now, we are looking at approximately the same "time frame for weekends" as we've done in the previous years, for November through March.

Time now to relax, and get back in to the Non-Archery groove in a few hours. At least...those of you who shot with Sticks might just have to smile when you are at work, and someone asks what you did over the weekend.

From THE CREW....THANKS, and see you later!

21-Sep-15
A big THANK YOU to the Strictly Sticks crew!

Once again everything was top notch. Three really nice courses, a couple novelties, used stuff tables, great food, and warm smiles.

I had a great weekend when I really could use one.

I'll see you again when the winter shoots begin.

22-Sep-15
Another thank you for the SS crew. Really enjoyed the weekend!

• Sitka Gear