nijimasu 10-Sep-15
Idahoelk1 13-Sep-15
nijimasu 13-Sep-15
nijimasu 17-Sep-15
Idahoelk1 19-Sep-15
Idahoelk1 19-Sep-15
Idahoelk1 19-Sep-15
10-Sep-15
Just waiting for the magic to start happening. I have heard 2 bugles but nothing consistent yet. Anybody else hearing them tune off much yet?

10-Sep-15
Was in the Challis National Forest for the first week and they let loose on Wenesday and continued for the rest of the time I was there.

10-Sep-15
Heard Bulls last weekend though I didn't have a tag. Saw Bulls hanging out together without cows, which seemed a little weird, though.

13-Sep-15
I'm always amazed what shows up when I don't have a tag too :) were you hunting deer Nijimasu ? I'm stuck at work a few more days so I'm living through the troops out there. Let's hear some stories.

13-Sep-15

nijimasu's embedded Photo
Yes, I was deer hunting, introducing a friend to archery, and hunting with my daughter.tthe unit we were hunting in is pretty tough to draw an elk tag in, so of course I had them talking all around me, and also stumbled into a small group of very respectable bulls while sneaking on some deer. I also had an early season antelope tag that closed a couple weeks ago. And of course, I finally stumbled into big antelope herds the day after the tag expired.

My friend managed to take a mulie doe with his first ever bow shot in the woods, which was pretty cool, and I managed a half-mile spot and stalk on a forkie, except it turned into a doe too, after I made the stalk. I was proud of myself for getting to 30 yards in open sage, so I whacked her anyway.

I suppose it's too late to scout for an elk spot for this year. Oh well, there's always next year. Best of luck, it seems like a good year for animals out there. Here's the doe I killed.

17-Sep-15

Here's the one my friend who started bowhunting this year took with his first ever shot.The animal's face looks dirty, but just because she crashed in the ashes of a controlled burn.

19-Sep-15
No Bugles heard last 3 days. Mostly the elk were hunkered down with all the rain and snow. I saw elk of all places hitting a waterhole or seep. Hanging a treestand and hunting Monday through Wednesday. Hoping for that moment to harvest some fresh back straps!!

19-Sep-15
No Bugles heard last 3 days. Mostly the elk were hunkered down with all the rain and snow. I saw elk of all places hitting a waterhole or seep. Hanging a treestand and hunting Monday through Wednesday. Hoping for that moment to harvest some fresh back straps!!

19-Sep-15

• Sitka Gear