wibuckwatch 24-Oct-15
Pete-pec 25-Oct-15
MIJ93 25-Oct-15
wibuckwatch 26-Oct-15
bowhuntndoug 26-Oct-15
Pete-pec 28-Oct-15
RackPack 29-Oct-15
12-Sep-15
Please post pics from your deer stand here, also, stories of the hunt. What did you see? Morning, evening. I don't care if you actually harvest an animal, I want to enjoy your hunt with you so the more details the better but again, please post pics from your stand or ground blind so we can see what you see. Any deer you "shoot" with your phone/camera during your hunt can be posted here as well. Thanks and good luck!

12-Sep-15

shawn sarinske's embedded Photo
St croix county

12-Sep-15
Just saw a few deer 200 yds out. Too far away to tell what they were though. Feels good to be back in the treestand!

12-Sep-15
Buck snort, click edit picture and rotate it.

12-Sep-15

whitetaildreams's embedded Photo
whitetaildreams's embedded Photo
Calumet county

13-Sep-15
When taking pics from your stand turn your phone sideways. That way when you post it will show up correctly. Nice pics though, keep them coming but als post what you are seeing while out there.

13-Sep-15
There is an edit button below a photo you post that can rotate the photo to get it corrected.

17-Sep-15
Sorry...couldn't snap any pics last night. Simply put, there was too much activity going on and I didn't want to get busted up in my stand. (Washington County)

In the stand at 4:25p.m. At 5:10p.m. a small red fox came in chasing field mice.

From 5:30p.m. on, I saw 14 deer including 2 Bucks, one nice one at about 100 yards. Through the Binocs I could see he was at least an 8 and outside the ears.

My stand is 100 yards from a couple massive oak trees and the deer are absolutely hammering the acorns. Every deer I saw last night kept within 10-40 yards of those oak trees. It was quite the show.

I need to hang a second stand...and quick!!

18-Sep-15

Montesdaddy's embedded Photo

18-Sep-15

3 bear so far. Waiting for something a little bigger this early in the season.

18-Sep-15

Pete-pec's embedded Photo
Glad to see it back. 10 or better flew the coop?

18-Sep-15

Turkeyhunter's embedded Photo
Door County

18-Sep-15

Mooses_Meadows's embedded Photo
Mooses_Meadows's embedded Photo
30 yards.

19-Sep-15

Back in st croix county and am giving the decoy a shot

19-Sep-15

3 little guys just came into the decoy

19-Sep-15

19-Sep-15
mooses. morning or afternoon? Nice buck. You passed on him or no shot?

19-Sep-15
Shawn, those beans look dry?

I like the interaction you saw. Always exciting, even if they are only scrappers!

19-Sep-15
Here as well C 2 d

19-Sep-15
southern, that was evening hunt. I passed. Needs another year to grow in my opinion.

19-Sep-15
I hear ya. Very nice buck though. Hope they still moving like that first week of october

19-Sep-15
Nice buck mooses. I passed a mid 130's 9 point last night. Movement was great. Barometer is rising should be a good night tonight.

19-Sep-15

Novice's embedded Photo
Novice's embedded Photo
Tonight's spot.

20-Sep-15

Just had doe and fawn come in this morning

20-Sep-15

CraigL's embedded Photo
CraigL's embedded Photo
The only thing I saw a few nights ago.

20-Sep-15
Craig L did you pet him?

20-Sep-15

Novice's embedded Photo
Novice's embedded Photo
Blanked again this morning from this spot.

21-Sep-15
Passed on two decent doe and a very respectable 8 pointer tonight. He was a three year old that has some growing to do. Hunting alfalfa had a doe and two fawns come out. Followed by that buck? That's unusual for my experience? I could hear another deer coming, and I've seen this 8's buddy a few times, and thought for sure he was going to follow suit. Turned out it was a real nice doe. She did not have fawns, but seemed way larger than a yearling? Another deer was following her, so I passed on her as well. Darkness came, and no other sightings. Mosquitos were bad. The thermacell did not work as good as usual? The deer winded me as they got downwind of me, but they weren't extremely threatened? A decent night though.

South Central Wisconsin

21-Sep-15

Nocturnal8's embedded Photo
Nocturnal8's embedded Photo
2 doe's and a small buck. Had one deer at the crack of light sneak through to bed in the corn. Couldn't tell what it was. None the less it was another great morning.

21-Sep-15
The alfalfa field was where the buffet was tonight. All baldies, but had 11 deer feeding in the field at one time. Saw two interesting things tonight.

One, had a doe and two fawns feeding within 6 feet of a raccoon that was also eating alfalfa? They acted like he (the coon) was part of the family?

Next, I had another doe and two fawns come out to my right. They fed a while, and fed away from me towards an island of trees in the field. Another doe came out of the island, and the fawns immediately ran towards her, and fed on her. She was obviously momma, but was hanging with the other doe. I'm guessing that the first doe was the fawn from the previous year, and was babysitting the kids while momma rested? I've seen some peculiar behavior lately. I haven't hunted field edges in years, and this is new to me, even though I'm not new to this? Anyone else see this happen?

Yesterday a doe and two fawns (likely the same deeer) were hanging with a 3 year old eight pointer. I was almost thinking he was the brother of the doe, because she had zero issue with him? Two days earlier I had a lone doe hanging with a two year old buck. They were playing around, chasing each other with obvious playing on their mind. Again, another doe with two fawns tolerated these two deer, but whipped another buck's ass when he came too close?

I'm just wondering if there is a time when bachelor groups lose velvet, but aren't real threatening to the girls at this point as the boys start to split up, and build testosterone?

This interaction I didn't get to see, because I was always hunting the woods. I'm digging this new alfalfa field.

21-Sep-15
Not surprised on the deer and raccoons interacting. The others sound pretty cool, with the way you explained it. I love watching deer on food. Sounds like a great hunt. To my knowledge through the years. It seems when they lose velvet the bucks are back with the doe's. Younger ones even bedding with them. I've got plenty of trail cam pics and videos to back that up. Even older bucks moving with them. I watched a dandy last year in September pushing every doe out of his way. Poking a couple in the rear with his rack. You could tell his testosterone was getting the best of him. 20 minutes later a bigger buck came out and fed as calm as can be with the doe's and smaller bucks. Simply pushed the other buck further away to feed alone. Seems they established their pecking order sometime before. So as long as my story is. It depends on the deer. Or maybe the one that doesn't rule the herd feels like he has something to prove.

22-Sep-15
That makes perfect sense. Likely these does will be less tolerant as the does get hotter. I've often thought a buck would breed given the chance, but that window of estrous is so short, that they are likely only limited in their desire by their breed ability.

Funny thing is, I've hunted the woods almost exclusively for the last 6 years. I see plenty of deer, both bucks and does, including early season, and trail cams as well. I (like never) saw them hanging out together unless during the pre rut and rut. It seems like they tolerate each other more while at the dinner table. Sort of like us lol.

22-Sep-15
Exactly Pete-pec. A lil update I snuck out again for a morning hunt. And saw 4 deer. Second time passing on a 9 pointer. He really put on a show this morning. Stayed within 40 yards for better than 20 mins. Watched him fresh up his scrape. And head to bed. I'm hunting a buck that is a true trophy in anyone's eyes. Haven't laid eyes on him personally but I've got some trail cam pics of him. Think I'll give it a rest. And hope for a front to approach. Looking like it'll be a while till that happens. Anyone hunt today? Headed up to Clark county to check trail cam pics and hopefully fill my last doe tag.

22-Sep-15

22-Sep-15
2 does 3 fawns. Uneventful night, but it beats sitting at home in the air con lol. Well, it might have been nice to be at home, because it was hot. I hunted in a T shirt and shorts, and it was still too damn warm.

23-Sep-15

Same two does and 3 fawns offered decent shots. Just not yet. Different stand this evening for the southeast wind.

25-Sep-15

From today's late afternoon sit. Mama and her twins. Small fawns and one was giving mom a nudge to nurse. Took some pics.

25-Sep-15
A mutant. Also saw a mama and twins,

26-Sep-15
Just does so far tonight

26-Sep-15
Saw two studs on their feet at 645 pm tonight. Gonna move stands and try early morning

27-Sep-15
Well I had a lone doe sneak in tonight. Was going to take her because she did not have fawns. I was unfortunately standing with my feet in the wrong position. By the time I turned them, she was gone. I was hunting the woods for the first time tonight. I could hear deer coming behind me, and didn't want to alarm them, so I was in my stand after good shooting light (very dense cover). Had three does and two fawns come up the trail, and a few minutes later, a bachelor group of five bucks just a bit off the trail in the thick stuff. Two of those bucks had really decent head gear.

I will be hunting that stand in the morning. The deer numbers are very good so far. Deer sightings on every sit so far.

29-Sep-15
2 squirrels, a chipmunk, and a Boone and Crockett coon. Awesome night to be out nonetheless

30-Sep-15
Passed up a doe at 15 yards. Was going to shoot her, until her fawn (that I didn't see at first) looked at me with those big brown eyes. That nubbin keeps his momma for a while longer. Plenty of deer, and plenty of deer sightings. That chill in th air last night finally felt like bow hunting. This morning at work, that smell of fall perfume is very uplifting!

30-Sep-15
Had a doe with two fawns walk by an hour before dark, figured they'd circle back to where I was eventually. Then a train of 5 coons rolled by. Close to dark had a doe come out under my lone apple tree. About a 30-35 yd shot through a decent hole in the small walnuts between us but didn't take it. I'm the guy that hunts with an xbow but won't take anything but a clear 20 yd shot. Semi urban area of waukesha co. Even more proud of myself for not shooting as the doe began to chirp/squeak/bleat whatever you want to call it I'm assuming for her fawns. Never heard a doe make those sounds before. Then I quick changed clothes and went to grab a bite to eat and caught a glimpse of a big buck walking along the ditch in my hi-beams. Fun stuff!!!

04-Oct-15

wibuckwatch's embedded Photo
Doe and 2 fawns so far

05-Oct-15

Southern boy's embedded Photo
Southern boy's embedded Photo
Day 5. Been tough hunting. Only saw 6 deer so far. 4 bucks. 2 does

05-Oct-15
Your hanging from the tree the wrong way just like i was!!

05-Oct-15
Thanks. Flipped it around

05-Oct-15
Thanks. Flipped it around

10-Oct-15

Get some

14-Oct-15
Well out in Racine county hoping to see something. Second hunt of the year for me. Need this corn to get harvested and get these deer moving.

14-Oct-15
Well out in Racine county hoping to see something. Second hunt of the year for me. Need this corn to get harvested and get these deer moving.

15-Oct-15

Used the decoy for the first time this year. On the way to the field, I passed my other spot. A deer ran across the road toward one of my stands. A tall racked mature buck. I really had my heart set on the freshly picked bean field, so I kept driving. I had a yearling buck walk right in to the decoy. Licking his chops, siff legged, all bristled up. He kissed my decoy. A yearling yes, but I did spray him down. 99.9% effective stopping human odor lol. I have 6 minutes of vide, and snapped a few picks while filming with my phone.

15-Oct-15
Pretty cool Pete! Thinking I'm gonna try my boss buck again this year. Didn't use him last year. Good luck out there

15-Oct-15
Spent 7 straight hours on stand yesterday. The wind was perfect for this stand, and it had not been hunted since last gun season.

ZERO DEER

To say I was shocked, would be an understatement.

15-Oct-15
cool thread, seeing those pics keeps my pumped. wow - 7 hrs on stand in mid Oct. Dampland thats a sit!

15-Oct-15

Had a doe come in and blow at least 100 times she didn't get the decoy to move at any cost, and she wasn't happy. She charged him to make him move, but it resembled a bluff. I snapped a picture as she turned around. Nothing special, but further interaction with the decoy.

15-Oct-15
Last night I finally saw a deer (yes just one) again. Headed to an area with a mammoth oak (red unfortunately ) that I have wanted to sit by all season, but hadn't gotten the chance. I found a couple of other oaks dropping along the trail there. So, I decided to sit on the corner of the trail to have 2 longer shooting lanes and cover more area. Lone doe steps out and walks to the mammoth oak. Imagine that, 2nd guessing myself blew an opportunity. Closest she came was about 40 yds quartering towards me. Bummer. Dampland I'd be very disappointed too, especially with that long of an effort.

17-Oct-15
How many guys are out this morning? I'm amped with anticipation

17-Oct-15
2 deer in field already at 10 to 5..

17-Oct-15
Hunted Lincoln county. Wind was perfect to hunt the home front behind the house. Unfortunately nothing showed. Not even a squirrel.

17-Oct-15
I ended up seeing at least 20 does and fawns 2 little bucks 1 little buck was chasing a few does around. The most deer I have ever seen in a sit. Only had 4 of the deer in range but no shot. Incredible night

17-Oct-15

Diesel's embedded Photo
Diesel's embedded Photo
This is all I saw... yes those are blue jeans at the top of the pic. I'm on a friends land but got to chat with the neighbor about respecting property lines. Wrecked my hunt on thursday.

18-Oct-15
That sucks Diesel, nothing gets my blood boiling more than trespassers. IMO, they are the lowest form of douche bag.

18-Oct-15

Crusader dad's embedded Photo
Crusader dad's embedded Photo
So I confess, I took advantage of the beautiful weather to go walk 18 holes of golf with a six pack of beer in tow. I had the entire course to myself. I came upon a do and fawn feeding along the edge of the fairway and snapped some pics and video. I actually finally bought my license yesterday along with a fresh half dozen arrows and a three pack of rages. While waiting for my arrows to be fletched and cut I took a walk out back of the bow shop and jumped a dandy ten point. After picking up my arrows I shot for the first time all year yesterday afternoon. No sight adjustment needed. I'm at 2inch groups at 20yds and 41/2 at 40. I'll continue to practice up and am hoping for my first sit of the season sometime after work this week.

18-Oct-15
Pretty quiet here in Marathon County. A few feeding doe groups, but no sign of rut starting. Too warm, too much wind, too sunny. But still nice to be in the woods.

18-Oct-15
4 hr evening hunt in Marathon Co Friday-nothing 4 hr evening hunt in Oneida Co Saturday- nothing 4 hr evening hunt in Oneida Co Sunday-nothing so far...

18-Oct-15
18 of them last night and another 14 this morning. Multiple shooters. Couldn't believe all the rut activity. Looking forward to this evenings sit

18-Oct-15
Doe and two nubbers with her so far. Calm night

18-Oct-15

thesquid's embedded Photo
thesquid's embedded Photo

19-Oct-15
Hunted Vilas County with my bow for the first time ever.

Went up to take the pier and boat lift out at my parents place. Decided to take the climber with me and do an afternoon sit on some public land 2 miles down the road from their place.

Parked the truck, walked in about 3/4 mile, saw a spot I liked, and up the tree I went.

90 minutes later a Buck (4 ptr) and a doe walked past me at 20 yards.

It was nice to see deer. It was even better to be out in the woods bow hunting and not hear dogs, lawnmowers, chainsaws, etc. off in the distance like I do when I'm hunting in SE Wisconsin.

I know there's NO deer in the Northwoods, but I'm happy to report there's at least two.

19-Oct-15
squid, cool photo! What's the story?

Crusader, I'm annually in the same boat. Start late, don't shoot a lot. But this year did shoot a bit in September. First shot since killing a doe and buck in early January? A heart shot in the target! Whoever says crossbows are easy to shoot may be right, but a modern compound is pretty simple once sighted in, too.

19-Oct-15

Diesel's embedded Photo
Diesel's embedded Photo
Not a great pic as the phone camera would only focus on the tree but it's a doe and her 2 fawns. Came out about 40 feet from me. Took at 6:05 today. At least it was beautiful in the tree today.

20-Oct-15

Well, I am in the blind right now. Have 15 strutters toms come to about 60 yards. I do have a fall tag, and the way they were clumped up, I could have got lucky lol. It was fun filming them instead. I also know this spring will be a good one! I will be taking two newbies this year, so it is nice to see some numbers. Three of the 20 or so hens were bearded as well. Wrong decoy for turkeys, but they were not the target of course!

Got blown at walking in. Wind was in my favor, but these harvested bean fields are crunchy, and I made plenty of noise.

20-Oct-15

The zoom on a cell phone is limited, so here's a cellphone shot through my binoculars, and no that ain't easy lol.

20-Oct-15

4:50, had a little bugger come through milling around eating acorns and black cherry leaves along the way. I video taped him for a couple minutes, and snapped a few pics as he came down one of my shooting lanes at 20 yards.

20-Oct-15

A couple steps forward.

24-Oct-15

Am I the only one out? No deer yet but lots of ducks.

25-Oct-15

Day 2 of 21 day hunting vacation. Had a six pointer chip shot at 12 yards this morning. He finally winded me after a couple minutes right below me.

25-Oct-15

MIJ93's embedded Photo
MIJ93's embedded Photo
Hunting a small funnel into a fresh cut cornfield tonight. Hoping this warmer weather doesn't limit deer movement.

26-Oct-15

Back at it... nothing yet but a pond loaded with mallards..

26-Oct-15
Buddy killed a 145 class 10 pointer on Sunday morning. Grunted at him as he was across the creek. Buck swam across for a 12 yard shot.

28-Oct-15
Well, it is starting. The bucks were cruising, and one was dogging a doe.

Day started with rain, so I took the daughter to school, and was in the stand by 8am. 11 am I'm on my stupid phone texting my brother in law in Indiana wishing him a happy birthday. I look up to see the buck I'm after cruise just past my shooting lane on my right. I'm right handed, was sitting, and of course need to stand to make that shot. I've killed several deer in this same spot. I know the routine. I need to put the phone down and focus. That starts tomorrow. He's a tall ten about 17 wide, ten inch tines. I know the deer, and this is my second encounter with him this year. Had him at 18 yards early on, but my stand (different spot) squeaked and he was gone. I passed him twice last year as a 100 inch 8 pointer. Tomorrow will be viciously windy, but today was no cake walk, so all day tomorrow just like today.

At 2, I had a small buck dogging a doe at about 70 yards. She bedded down for 15 minutes while he panted and caught his breath.

At 3:15, a wide 6 pointer, maybe 2.5? Walk right past me, down the same trail the big boy walked. I had the perfect wind, and because I'm on a hill, and the fact that I groomed that trail in a gut below me, I sit above them like 40 feet at 20 yards. It's a beautiful thing! I drew on him to reenact the shot I should have been taking at 11 am lol. Of course I didn't release the arrow. I may go untagged this year, but I have 16 days left on my hunting vacation. I have my heart set on the 10.

At 5:15, I had a pair of yearling bucks walk down the same trail. I believe they were simply headed toward the sanctuary. I've left two does alone in a bedding and rutting area. The spot is beautiful. I haven't stepped one foot in there this year, knowing these deer will do their courtship here, just like last year. It won't pay to hunt it in this wind tomorrow, but the direction is right, just too windy to be hunting the edge tomorrow. I will return to the ridge I was on today. I'm somewhat protected by the wind. It will be windy!

Side note: I was in the middle of a little cloud burst or something? I happened to be looking at the radar and I narrowed it down to my exact location, and there was a blip on the radar. All of a sudden a wind of epic proportions blew through, and blew over two dead elms not 20 yards from me. Scared the crap out of me. I got down and got out of the wind on an east facing hill, and rode the storm out that lasted all of five minutes. Crazy weather!

Time to hunt people. It's coming!

29-Oct-15
On stand nothing so far this morning. Damp and had snow on windshield this morning

• Sitka Gear