Contributors to this thread:
Peepin Tom 16-Sep-15
archer756 16-Sep-15
sweet old bill 17-Sep-15
CurveBow 17-Sep-15
Peepin Tom 17-Sep-15
deerman406 17-Sep-15
16-Sep-15
In my lunch break haste I ran into the shop and bought 340 weight arrows instead of my normal 400 weight. Of course I had them cut and glued so I'm stuck with them or at least stuck trying to sell them on EBay cheap. My question is will these arrows fly totally different or will I be OK shooting away? Just don't want to run the fletch through the bow if I am going to try to sell them. Thanks guys !

16-Sep-15
Yes they are a stiffer spline arrow and also what weight are you shooting

17-Sep-15
they also will have a higher weight what is the peak weight of your bow and the draw length of the bow setup.

17-Sep-15
Use them. With a stiffer spine, you can tune them. Can't be sure they will fly exactly like the 400's, but give it a try before wholesaling them.

Compounds shoot stiffer shafts with less fuss than weaker shafts.

>>>>========>

17-Sep-15
My thoughts as well CB, I shoot 65-70lbs at the moment so the spine is actually better for my outfit I just have about fifty 400's in the practice tube that may be useless after I tune to the 340's. I guess I'll see how I like the stiffer spine and go from there, I never mind tuning her up a little anyway.

Thanks Guys.

-Tom

17-Sep-15
You can get them to shoot but they are gonna be stiff regardless. I get yelled at all the time but I have a spine tester and most .400 spine which people think of as say 55/75 actually spine right around 83#s some a tad more but most right around 83#s. I went into my local pro shop yesterday(Flying arrow) and wanted to paper test my bow and a back up bow. The new guy bought me in the back cause Jimmy was busy. He grabbed my arrow and said wow what weight head is that I told him 175 and he said no way dude you are gonna be way weak with those ,400s. Guess what? Both bows made perfect bullet holes in paper both bare shaft and fletched. Also .340 spine at high as 105#s on a good tester. I myself shoot a .400 spine cut to 27.5"s with 175 grain heads plus insert so about 190 grains up front with great results. I shoot 65-67#s in a Mathews ZXT. I would add some 50 grain brass inserts to help soften the spine a bit anyway. Shawn

• Sitka Gear