Screwball 19-Sep-15
Crusader dad 19-Sep-15
dbl lung 19-Sep-15
Mike F 20-Sep-15
RUGER1022 20-Sep-15
dbl lung 20-Sep-15
joseywales44 02-Oct-15
18-Sep-15
This just pisses me off to read this. The dnr says nothing about this! im with you completely dukes. That or just eliminate them completely. All the counties surrounding Eau Claire are fantastic counties. There is no positive news anymore when it comes to wildlife conversation in this state. Politics are killing this country.

19-Sep-15
This pisses me off, I know the deer farm and the owner, my sons and I stopped to check out the operation last year when we were out scouting Some public land. One look at the farm and it made me think how easily something like this could happen. This farm is about a five min drive from my biggest hunting block. The owner sells his bucks to the high fenced American adventures hunting ranch not far from this farm. A few years ago, someone cut the fence on opening day of gun season and a bunch of bucks escaped from there too. Only time will tell but i think in a couple years I'm going to have to have my deer tested.

19-Sep-15
On a side note, having that high fenced operation only a short drive away has made me realize just how rediculous a high fenced hunt is. The big bucks all hang out next to the fence on the outer perimeter of the property. They long for true freedom and know that danger is lurking if they actually go into the woods. Watching these bucks it is clear to me that they are not wild animals, I will never understand how someone could enjoy killing one of these deer.

19-Sep-15
Hard to believe hunters want a large rack so bad that they support these POS operations. Lots of shared responsibility here. And yes, these operations should be banned. Government regulation does not work.

19-Sep-15
How many times have infected animals escaped from these places? It happens over and over and over. The fact that they continue to allow these farms leads me to believe somebody wants this disease to keep spreading. No other explanation makes sense. Maybe this disease is the tool they want to use to substantially reduce deer numbers.

19-Sep-15
some lawyer needs to work with a hunting org in that county or maybe the state and sue the DNR and the owner of this farm for damages to the deer hunting in that county. Nothing talks like $s.

19-Sep-15
(The big bucks all hang out next to the fence on the outer perimeter of the property. They long for true freedom and know that danger is lurking if they actually go into the woods.) Seriously, you believe deer actually have the mental capabilities to think and process like this? Or is this an example anthropomorphism? I have encountered Animal Rights activists that think like that but never a hunter. Not being a smart a** or looking for a fight just wondering really.

19-Sep-15
I've sat parked next to the fence and watched as the bucks pace back and forth right along the fence line. They know they are trapped in that certain area, they also know there are hunters in the woods. Just like wild deer learning a stand location if it's hunted too much. I do think that they know they are trapped and would certainly prefer the ability to leave the enclosure. So in that sense and with that thinking, yes, they long for freedom.

19-Sep-15
Since when is it the states responsibility to kill these deer? If anything the owner should be killing them if he has any common sense. Using state dollars for something that eventually will spread throughout the state is a waste.

20-Sep-15
YEs, it's the State's job to carry out the depopulation of the farm and the reason it hasn't been completed is because the Federal Government doesn't have the money. They have enough money to make sure the crack baby momma's get their cell phones, and food stamps, but not to help out where it is needed.

Maybe if Ron Kind would pull his head out of his ass and answer the calls for help in situations like this instead of holding town hall meetings during the working day when the working class can't attend things would get done.

You can point the finger at whomever you want, but in the end the blame comes down to the owner of the farm and the greed of those who want to put a big set of antlers on their wall without having to work at it in the wild.

20-Sep-15
I don't want shock anyone but this issue means nothing. Deer have been coming and going from " Deer farms " for a long time. The 8 ft fence doesn't stop horny bucks. Don't bother asking the Deer owners, they won't admit it.

The wife and I witnesses 2 8 pointers jumping an 8 ft fense 1morning during the rut. I knew the Deer farmer and called him the next day. He checked and told me 1 8 pt was chasing a doe, and the other must have left during the night.WHATTA A JOKE

20-Sep-15
I did not mean that the state should not watch over the deer farms. I just think the deer farmers should be responsible for killing the sick deer. The bill should not lye with the taxpayers.

02-Oct-15

joseywales44's Link
I wonder what % of the CWD spread throughout Wisconsin is due to these stupid deer farms? I bet the number is sickeningly high. How many times does this have to happen before something is done?

• Sitka Gear