Minnesota
Contributors to this thread:
Andy 21-Sep-15
assassin84 21-Sep-15
beckerbulldog 22-Sep-15
snapcrackpop 22-Sep-15
RD 22-Sep-15
21-Sep-15
Anyone hit the woods this weekend? I sat 3 times and had 8 from 10 feet to 40 yards only one small buck (all the deer I saw I were in the woods and all but one were on their feet between 9 and 10 AM). Acorns were falling all over the place and tones of them were on the ground. Our plots only saw minimal action (as some of my buddies hunted them in the evening), my guess is due to the acorns. Interested to hear how others faired,

21-Sep-15
Only got one sit in Saturday night saw only bucks most of them were smaller and the big ones stayed out of range and came out with only a min or two of shooting left. It was pretty slow up until about 6:00pm from then till dark the woods were pretty lively. saw a total of 12 bucks with a few sparing sessions as well. over all a great first night in the woods. This was all in East Central MN.

22-Sep-15
We hunted Saturday night. I had deer around me almost immediately. My daughter shot her 1st deer so my sit ended early. Lots of deer movement!

22-Sep-15

snapcrackpop's embedded Photo
snapcrackpop's embedded Photo
My boys first buck opening night! The other son had a black bear at 15 feet! But it was a sow and had no shot. Maybe 300# in the no-quota area.

Fun night!

22-Sep-15
I was in South Dakota antelope hunting, my wife got hers on Saturday and I got mine on Sunday. Will go out tonight for the first time.

• Sitka Gear