Peepin Tom 25-Sep-15
deerman406 25-Sep-15
sweet old bill 26-Sep-15
Mad dog 19-Oct-15
deerman406 19-Oct-15
bow shot 04-Nov-15
bow shot 04-Nov-15
22-Sep-15
Every mature white oak around our place loaded with acorns. I'm not sure whether this is a plus or minus. Does anyone else have this delema

22-Sep-15
To me that is not good as it gives them too many options to feed. Unless you can find the oaks that the deer are hitting hard, its a toss up where to sit. I like it best when only sections of the oaks are producing, this help narrow down the deers movement. Shawn

23-Sep-15
I love it that the oaks are loaded on the farm I hunt! They are the only white oaks in a mile circumference! And I will be at the hub of the wheel waiting! The oaks are surrounded by corn on two sides (north and south) and bedding areas on the other two sides.

The bucks love to cruise through there looking for a date and grabbing a little snack on the way!

23-Sep-15
I wish that acorn crops were more dependable. It seems that acorns happen about every 3 - 6 years, with little or absolutely nothing in between. This is my experience with central NYS. Different areas of the state may have different experiences.

Also a bumper crop of apples. Property I hunt in Madison County has a lot of apple trees and no oak trees. Therefore, I hope the apples are a big draw! Bigger than acorns (but I doubt it...). Due to limited access, I'm not even sure where oaks may be in neighboring areas.

>>>>--- good luck ------->

23-Sep-15
good crop of acorns, beechnuts, hickories, and black walnuts down here in westchester

24-Sep-15
There is some white oak acorn crop here in CNY this year and some are falling now. Apple crop is crazy and Like others, have noticed some good beech nuts as well.

25-Sep-15
This is nuts!

25-Sep-15
All nut crops here in Albany county are very good, not as heavy as last year but still plenty. We also have tons of apples this year which in my hunting area is a good thing. Our deer seem to hit the apples almost as much as the oaks and I have a few spots where both are mixed together so the best of both worlds. Shawn

26-Sep-15
they are falling in Delaware county as well. Was out shooting the 3D range and saw them all over the ground.

19-Oct-15
What are the green colored "balls" about the size of a golf ball, with a nut in the middle? Are those hickory nuts ? Thanks.M.D.

19-Oct-15
Could be, could be horse chestnuts as well. Shawn

04-Nov-15
with no basketball pattern on the husk, that'll be black walnuts or butternuts. Otherwise, hickory

04-Nov-15
a bit bigger than a golf ball for the walnuts or butternuts...

• Sitka Gear