RC 30-Sep-15
Bob McArthur 30-Sep-15
Spider1 01-Oct-15
Rut Nut 01-Oct-15
Spider1 01-Oct-15
Rut Nut 01-Oct-15
Rut Nut 02-Nov-15
22-Sep-15
OK- we will be updating this thread daily starting Thursday around noon (hopefully!)

Just wanted to get it posted now so we don't forget! ;-)

22-Sep-15
Good luck everyone!! Might try to make it out there next year. I look forward to this thread every year, looks like a lot of fun!

23-Sep-15
Thanks Ben- you should really try to get there next year! It really is a lot of fun!

We will have a special guest in camp this year. An Active Duty Serviceman home for the week from Fort Sill, Oklahoma will be joining us. We're looking forward to showing him a real good time! :)

We'll try to get some pics later today when camp gets set up, and maybe around the campfire tonight.

23-Sep-15
Man, I gotta go to Pittsburgh to attend a wedding. And the home teams are away... Sad.

Good luck to all those attending and use those harnesses.

24-Sep-15
No deer were taken this morning. It's pretty warm today but there's a cold front coming in tonight so the deer should be on their feet the next couple days.

There's already a bunch of people in camp and a bunch more are expected to show up over the next 2 days.

Good Luck to everyone tonight!

25-Sep-15

RC's embedded Photo
RC's embedded Photo
Chris harvested this doe last night.

25-Sep-15

RC's embedded Photo
RC's embedded Photo

25-Sep-15
One. Looking forward to more.

26-Sep-15
Another doe was taken last night but I didn't get a picture. Been very warm and the deer aren't moving till right at dark.

26-Sep-15
Sorry I didn't post yesterday. So far there's been 2 Deer taken and no reports of any deer coming in this morning. We've had a few misses but the hunting overall has been a little slow.

Everyone's having a great time and as always the food have been great!

Hopefully things will turn around tonight and we'll have a few more hanging!

26-Sep-15
I've been hunting with Bob McArthur, we are setup in corn fields about 600 yards apart. Two different crossbow hunters have walked in on Bob tonight. Needless to say, Bob is livid. LOL

26-Sep-15
God RC. hope bob didn't shoot one of them

26-Sep-15

26-Sep-15
Did Jen miss yet? LOL.

26-Sep-15
If the guys had been carrying stick bows they would have been invited back for a beer. ;-)

27-Sep-15
How was the pig roast?

27-Sep-15
Pig roast was awesome.

27-Sep-15
Pig Roast was as good as ever! And Steve made fried Oreos and fried Snickers for desert in addition to the desserts that folks brought.

Little surprised that we only got 2 deer, but both were donated to HSH.

Overall plenty of deer sighted, but most out of range, heard a few unlucky happenings like a buck coming in and chasing 2 doe that were about to come into shooting range, a doe that scented a hunter when wind shifted and a few that busted the hunter either drawing or moving to get in position for a shot.

The property Teeton and I were hunting was unusually devoid of deer this year. We hunted it Thurs morning, evening and fri morning and did not see a deer. Then I realized I was not hearing acorns dropping and did not see any on the ground. This is an area where the deer were feeding heavily on acorns in years past. At mid-day we walked most of the 40 acres and found very little deer sign, which again was very unusual. Then talking to the landowner he confirmed less deer this year and also a bear spotted on a trailcam on the property, which may also have factored in.

We had the privledge of having an active duty serviceman hunt with us all 3 days. He was home this week from Fort Sill, Oklahoma. He is a fine young man and we decided to take donations to cover his expenses. We ended up having enough to cover all his expenses for the weekend, and give him a 3 year membership to UBP. Thanks to all who donated. Matt was very appreciative and kept saying to us "What a blessing!"

We also had the opportunity to share camp with Asa who is an outfitter friend of Gary Wessner from the Big Bend area of Texas. He flew in on Thurs, just for the hunt. He got his first opportunity to hunt whitetails in mature hardwoods out of climbing treestands and I think he is hooked now! ;-)

Dan, Joe and I were talking and the moon phase was probably as bad as it could be. And we think the hunter pressure had the deer very wary this year, as in years past bucks were not hunted, so hunting pressure was a lot lighter.

All in all, it was a very enjoyable and successful event.

THe committee would like to thank all those who came in early on Wed. afternoon and helped set up camp, and those who stayed a bit later this morning to help break camp down. We set a record for teardown as we all pulled out of there by 10:45!

27-Sep-15
So when and where can I meet somebody to double up that kill with my 2 tags?:)

27-Sep-15
OK - Mister "I don't come east to hunt", Art Keefer..... No misses this year! Never drew the bow. Only deer I saw was a legal buck at 20 yards, at dark thirty.

Was thrilled to have Patty with me for this weekend!! Thank you all for inspiring her in the sport we love.

27-Sep-15
I think I'll sell my 5C tag on ebay... Gonna post it in the fishing in an empty barell section.. LOL

27-Sep-15
I'm comin out there to hunt! Most likely end of October

27-Sep-15
Dale- you cancelled on us at the last minute, so you are being black-balled this year! ;-)

27-Sep-15
You would really have to come out to one of these events to appreciate all the hard work and dedication that goes into putting this together every year.

First of all Perry.. our very own Rut Nut, is in charge of all communications and social media. He keeps everyone informed and in touch with all the updates, through this site, emails and phone calls. There were no surprises for anyone showing up to camp because of his efforts. (Except for RC and the bridge :)

Next there's Gary and the entire camp set up. All the logistics in camp are taken care of by Gary. From canopy set up to seating arrangements, to providing a walk in cooler. Everything in the main camp is his baby and all would agree, he does a hell of a job.

Then there's Dan who's in charge of landowner relations and map set up. Dan has worked tirelessly over the years building and developing relationships with all of our propery owners to allow us access to hunt these farms. He usually starts around the end of July meeting with them to discuss the up coming hunt. He also provides detailed maps for all of our hunters for the properties they will hunt.

Then there's Steve and Dick Koch who take care of all the catering and provided a first class pig roast for about 75 hunters and families. Steve is not only a UBP life member, but also a chef by trade. All of the barbique sauces as well as the cole slaw were home made. We even had fried oreos and snickers for dessert!

Thanks also to all who attended, we look forward to putting this together every year.

27-Sep-15
Way to go Jen. I just had to ask.LOL. I only had to go 85 miles west, and I could still hunt today. I agree that moon phase had something going on.

Good job guys. Hope you had a big pig.

27-Sep-15
I met the "C" side of RC. What a lovely gal! Roy definitely married up. She even has a son that lives about 10 minutes from me...so I may get to see them both more often?

I got to eat, drink, and bowhunt with Roy for 3 days, I wish it could have been longer. Always next year.

This thing is so much more than a hunt, it's like a family reunion . I can hunt deer anytime, so I look forward to seeing people like Jen, Perry, Dan, Joe, Mike Faust, Dale Miller, and others.

27-Sep-15

Bob McArthur's embedded Photo

27-Sep-15

27-Sep-15

My camp I shared with Gene King.

27-Sep-15

27-Sep-15

27-Sep-15

27-Sep-15

28-Sep-15
2 Old Bears?:)

28-Sep-15
LOL, yes both ways:)

28-Sep-15

Dave G. 's embedded Photo
Dave G. 's embedded Photo
That's a great photo.

Lots of deer huntin' and arrow flingin' knowledge standing there.

28-Sep-15

RC's embedded Photo
RC's embedded Photo
Ya beat me to it, Davey boy:)

28-Sep-15

28-Sep-15
Nice photos Bob!

28-Sep-15
Would it kill you to smile Roy?

Good luck to all!

28-Sep-15

RC's Link
Annie had a blast in the creek:)

And there was another female chocolate lab there, those two played for hours:)

28-Sep-15
Nice pics.

28-Sep-15

28-Sep-15

28-Sep-15

28-Sep-15

28-Sep-15

28-Sep-15

RC's table.

28-Sep-15

Me, Gene King, & Roy

28-Sep-15
Took this video while scouting for a stand site.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKNqvQMgA4Q&feature=youtu.be

28-Sep-15
Short video from after the pig roast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8SAn1O5z6E&feature=youtu.be

28-Sep-15
Nice pics and video Bob! Was that Dale holding up his Redneck Plunger in the video above?

28-Sep-15
Yes it was.

28-Sep-15
LOL! That thing was priceless! :)

Hey Bob- I'm surprised you hunted with one of them Hi Tech Sissy Pants Trailer boys! I thought you were TRADITIONAL all the way! ;-)

28-Sep-15
Ah excuse me rut butt... I believe I caught you in Joe's camper watching TV?:) LMFAO

28-Sep-15
:)

28-Sep-15
LOL! But I never claimed to be TRADITIONAL, Roy! I am a proud Sissy Pants Compound shooter! And I even stayed in Teeton's Hi Tech Trailer this year. :)

I was just sayin'................ I was surprised at Bob, since I know he only associates with TRADITIONAL guys! ;-)

28-Sep-15
Not true Perry. I shared my tent with Gene & he shoots a compound.

28-Sep-15
RC gave me a kielbasa sandwich that was excellent. I also had some of his famous peppers & they were outstanding as was his homemade wine. I shared my homemade wine, homebrewed ale & stout, a couple of shots of Jameson, & braciole with Roy & Chris.

Mike Foust made me an amazing venison cheesesteak! Dale Miller made a red beet salad that was second to none, just fantastic. I shared my homemade merlot wint & ales with them. I also shared my bracioles with them.

Gen King made an incredible venison pot roast. OMG was the great!

Jen shared her homemade pumpkin bread at 4:45 a.m. over a cup of coffee. That was the best pumpkin bread I've ever had.

The pig was outstanding on Saturday night. This annual gig is worth going to just for the food!

28-Sep-15
Bob, you had hair the last time I saw you. LOL>

28-Sep-15
...and you were smaller. :)

28-Sep-15
Ah, I see now Bob.....................you and Roy are tryin' to lure Gene over to the DARK SIDE!!!!!!! ;-)

28-Sep-15
Well maybe. Gene did "want" to shoot my bow with three fingers under after watching me shoot, so I showed him how to do it. And look at Gene holding that stick bow in the above picture! I think the seed is planted:)

28-Sep-15
Gene, go traditional? Nah, never happen.

28-Sep-15
Bob, we need to compare notes on braciole. I make it as I learned from my grandmother. They are smaller, not the large ones like sometimes found in restaurants.

RC, you either need platform boots or a shorter bow. :)

28-Sep-15
A girl couldn't ask for a better set of brothers and sisters, than those in the UBP. You all amaze me!

AND.... You all have made a hunting monster out of Patty!! She texted me today that she has checked the weather for Saturday at least 3x today!!

29-Sep-15
Braciole...now that brings back fond memories. Mrs. Colannani down the street made some killer braciole, but I have to admit, I much preferred my Mom's rouladen to braciole. (must be the nazi in me. :^))

29-Sep-15
Bobs braciole was excellent. We talked about different foods as much as we ate different foods. Some of his beer was a bit on the strong side for my liking, however he did have one brew I liked, believe he called it Australian Ale? I finished all of those:)

Phyllis, you need to stop picking on me:)

29-Sep-15
LOL Jen! Glad to hear it! : )

29-Sep-15
Jen, looking forward to a thread you start called.

Patty's and Jen's Elk Hunting Adventure..

Make it happen!!! ED

29-Sep-15
I want to extend a great big "THANK YOU!!" to everyone who makes this great event happen. I know countless hours go into making everything come together, from gaining permission to hunt properties, setting up camp, directing hunters where to go, and last but certainly not least, preparing the delicious meals. Dad, Katie, Wilson, and I hunted a vineyard, and like most have reported, the deer just didn't cooperate. We didn't see a deer the entire weekend while hunting, but we did get to enjoy some of the most beautiful scenery that PA has to offer. Its always good to catch up with old friends, and make some new ones at this event. Needless to say, we will be back next year! Good luck to everyone statewide this opening weekend...time to put some meat in the freezer!

30-Sep-15
Thanks Josh. I think I speak for the committee when I say the smiles, kind words and enthusiasm shown by the participants make all the hard work very worthwhile. And even if we did not kill as many deer this year, this event has become so much more than that.................. ;-)

30-Sep-15
hey folks! I was finally able to get onto the site. It's been a while and I don't know how long it'll last!

Even though I only stopped in at the camp to say hello to everyone I still had a great time... well, right up until one of Bobs beers almost killed me, lol! Sorry Bob, the Australian ale ( was it a summer or winter ale? ) was great but that hop beer was a bit too bitter for this old man! Or maybe it was Roys purple koolaid ;)

It was good seeing everyone and the boys do a great job with the logistics of this massive hunt! You are right Joe, it has grown a lot since that first hunt!

30-Sep-15
Mike, Kathy still shoots the cherry bamboo bow at trad shoots.

30-Sep-15
Mike, Kathy still shoots the cherry bamboo bow at trad shoots.

30-Sep-15
WOW, that's the longest one of Mikes bows has ever stayed together. LMFAO

30-Sep-15
And it's grownup sized too!:) been a while bud!

30-Sep-15
now don't go startin that, I only make kids bows when one of the kids needs one. Made a sweet one for my littlest grandson a couple years ago, a hickory backed osage longbow... with horn nocks! And the ambush bow is still shooting just fine! My oldest grandson shoots that. I got him a Bear Grizzly but he likes the longbow better. He's a gooood boy :)

yes, it's been a while. I haven't even hunted in a few years. Got tired of sittin in the woods watching chipmunks and tweety birds. Not much else left around here except for turkey and bear. Now I only shoot the bows for it's own sake. I take the boys out and we shoot targets and stumps and the old burn barrel. My littlest has me spot bears, crocodiles and dragons that he can shoot so we can cook 'em in a pot and eat in the back yard. A couple weeks ago he shot a pancake dragon and of course, a syrup dragon as well! It must be great to be 6 in the head... right Roy :) Both my boys are longbowmen! Me, I'm stuck with the old k-mag.

Art, I'm glad that bow is still being shot. It was a sweet shooter little shooter. Roy was the one that named that bow by the way!

30-Sep-15
Hey Spidie, shall I post your sleeping quarters picture? LOL

30-Sep-15
LOL RC!

I can't believe he's blaming my 14% alcohol 90 minute ale.

01-Oct-15
lol, heck, it don't bother me... everybody has to sleep sometime! I'm just glad I didn't wake up with half a mustache or something, lol! I'll tell ya, it was comfortable sleeping on your dining table but I got woken up every time you got up to stumble to the bathroom every hour or so :D

Bob, it wasn't yer ale bro, that stuff was good. It was my gut! A problem I've had for many years. Baking soda fixes me up in a second but it's kinda hard to find in camp.

01-Oct-15
Dang, Roy and Dale didn't miss a beat! THey're bustin' your chops like you never left! ;-)

Was good to see ya SPider- even if you didn't hunt with us!

Before ya know it, we'll be on 4 inches of ice tryin' to land some fish! :)

01-Oct-15
Yeah, like I never left! Hanging out with folks in camp had me wishing I had gotten some tags and brought my bow. Looks like you guys really built up a major expedition there. I hope it keeps getting better each year. I like the idea with the maps. Takes a lot of work to keep it all moving so well.

yeah man. The geese are heading south. Can't wait for the big freeze! Give me a foot of ice and I'll be happy!

01-Oct-15
Yeah, Dan really came up with a good thing with those property maps! Takes all the guesswork out of it as far as where to park, property boundaries etc......

Well, next year get a license and 5C tag! ;-)

Hope ya stick around here for awhile too! : )

02-Nov-15
TTT for Matt

• Sitka Gear