Gene 24-Sep-15
Straight Arrow 04-Oct-15
rbcss 04-Oct-15
Gene 07-Oct-15
bigbuckbob 07-Oct-15
SmoothieJonez 07-Oct-15
steve 07-Oct-15
23-Sep-15
Two months ago, I pulled something in my left shoulder. Xrays showed nothing and I was told to rest my arm. Last week I went in for a shot of cortisone in the shoulder. Two days ago I re-injured the shoulder again and it's either buy a crossbow or not bowhunt this year. Any recommendations on crossbows? My wife is telling me that I am getting really cranky. I can't imagine why that would be.

23-Sep-15
Hi Gene, long time, sent you a PM---Kent

23-Sep-15
Gene I have a 10 point they are very accurate to 40 yards they are on the heavy side my son has a cheaper one and much lighter it was for his wife it shoots great too . I will get him to post .I know what it like to have a bad shoulder I can use both bows now but as it gets a little colder I can pull my bow back .Get one and go hunting !!!!!!!!!! Steve

23-Sep-15
I have a Barnett recruit crossbow I love it. I put the Nikon bolt crossbow scope on it and can Robin Hood my bolt at 60 yds. For the price and quality of the crossbow it can't be beat. I love the lightweight and dimensions. It shoots a 410 grain bolt at 310 fps. Plenty of kinetic energy to take down pretty much anything. In my opinion the scope definitely helps make this such a deadly combo.

23-Sep-15

CTCrow's embedded Photo
CTCrow's embedded Photo
Gene,

I have a BARNETT QUAD/C5 that I bought 4 years ago. You are welcome to borrow it until you get healthier or buy it if you are interested.

23-Sep-15
Hi Gene Sent you a PM.

23-Sep-15
Hi Gene Sent you a PM.

23-Sep-15
I have a ten point XBOW I bought on ebay... I put it together in approximately 1/2 hour and was shooting 1-2" groups at 40 yrds within the same hour....

I agree its a little heavier but by far the quality beats every bow I have ever picked up...

I shoot Easton Bolts with 100 gr FIXED G-5 broadheads... I also love the scope that came with my bow.

AWESOME

23-Sep-15
The best place to buy a crossbow is from Dave at wyverne creations Call him talk to him, and he will recommend and give you prob the best price around. I bought a stryker 350 last yr, awesome xbow, but lots of good choices out there.

23-Sep-15
My advice...stay away from any Xbow that has the cables run through the riser with no cable slide. Most all the barrettes are this way. Causes you to have to lube/wax strings every 4-5 shots or you start to get premature wear quick. My advice....xcaliber simple fast accurate

23-Sep-15
My advice...stay away from any Xbow that has the cables run through the riser with no cable slide. Most all the barrettes are this way. Causes you to have to lube/wax strings every 4-5 shots or you start to get premature wear quick. My advice....xcaliber simple fast accurate

24-Sep-15
Gene I went to Sportsman outpost in Wolcott and got the Mathews- Mission Dagger. It's unbelieveable can't say enough good about it.

24-Sep-15
At my shop we carry Parker, Stryker, and PSE crossbows. They are all pretty amazing crossbows and I would recommend any one of them.

24-Sep-15
Gene, I recommend you get a carry sling if you are walking a good distance to your stand. An xbow is about the biggest pain in the ass weapon to carry in the woods as their is no comfortable way to carry it.

24-Sep-15
Thank you all for the advice and offers to borrow a crossbow until this damn shoulder heals up. I am going to buy a crossbow now and all of your input has been very helpful. There is no way bow season is going by without me in the woods! Good luck to you all and I hope to post photos of the 10 pointer whose drops I found this spring while turkey hunting.

04-Oct-15
I hate my Barnett Jackal I have trouble cocking it and have broken the plastic string guide twice now.

Going to buy a Ten Point Extreme with built in accu-draw crank cocking mechanism built into the stock! My Elk hunting buddy Howard (from Colorado)just got one and it's accurate to 50 yards and easy to cock!

04-Oct-15
I shoot a Excalibur. it's as accurate as any one out there. it's based on a recruve. the things I like about them besides the life time warranty (which they do stand behind) is if you nick, or the string fails you can install a new string one in a couple of minutes in the field. also you can un-cock the bow without firing a bolt into the ground. if your brace height is off, a couple of twist on the string will put your brace height back. when shooting my bow I have to aim at different spots because I nock the fletching off bolts. my 14 year old daughter shot it a couple of times and hit the same hole twice in a row. I know they are not as popular because they are based on a recurve but I'm very pleased with them. and will stay with the product.

07-Oct-15
Just as a follow up to my post - I am shooting my bow again. My arm and shoulder are feeling much better although not 100%. I am not pushing it, just shooting a few times a day. I will be leaving on Saturday and returning on Thursday after doing some bird hunting in Maine with a friend. When I return, I will be out after deer making up for lost time! Best to all.

07-Oct-15
Glad to hear you're on the mend. Let us know how you make out with the dog in Maine.

07-Oct-15
Best of luck Gene. Easy does it. Looking forward to seeing your whitetail kills this season.

07-Oct-15
Gene get that xbow for backup when it gets cold the old bones don't work as well .Steve

• Sitka Gear