Contributors to this thread:
beckerbulldog 25-Sep-15
Amoebus 25-Sep-15
Andy 28-Sep-15
Andy 28-Sep-15
arlone 28-Sep-15
assassin84 28-Sep-15
25-Sep-15
Is this heat keeping anyone from hunting? I wanted to hunt this weekend but I'm not going to because of the heat. I'm worried about having to leave a deer overnight, because of lost blood trail or marginal hit, and it spoiling because of the heat. Highs in upper 70 to maybe 80 and lows in the high 50's to low 60's this weekend.

25-Sep-15
It is a little warm. And, keeps the bugs around a little longer.

I will still grouse hunt - just plan to not leave them out overnight...

28-Sep-15

Andy's embedded Photo
Andy's embedded Photo
I sat Friday AM (hardwoods between two swamps) and PM soybean food plot did not see a deer. Went out Saturday AM and at 7:40 shot a basket 8. Had him at the locker by 10:00 AM. AS you can see he did not go far.

28-Sep-15

Andy's embedded Photo
Andy's embedded Photo
Sorry deer pic as well.

28-Sep-15
Went out Saturday evening for the first time this year. Wasn't going to shoot unless I had a good shot at a nice buck, but wanted to see what was going on. Saw some does and fawns and turkeys. Nice to sit in a tree for awhile!

28-Sep-15

assassin84's embedded Photo
assassin84's embedded Photo
Hunted Friday and saw a few deer no shooters. Went Yesterday and man it was warm. but we decided to tough it out and hope for the best. nothing moving early afternoon but the woods sure came alive after the sun set below the trees. we ended up seeing a few small bucks and with 10 min left of shooting light I put a great shot on a nice 9 pointer he ran 60 yards and crashed. But this week is showing a lot cooler temps so it should be more comfortable sitting weather.

• Sitka Gear