spike78 28-Sep-15
longbeard 28-Sep-15
deerman406 28-Sep-15
Garbanzo 29-Sep-15
LimeyMotors 29-Sep-15
28-Sep-15

LimeyMotors's Link
www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSKrSdAWoi4

Got out this Saturday and saw zero Deer. My cheap hollow steel Climbing tree stand rings like a bell if I bump it , It's heavy as heck and is not easily adjustable. So after after standing on a 15 degree sloped ringing platform for 3 hours I decided to try my luck at a ground blind. While thying to be quite walking through the brush I bumped into another bowhunter in a tree stand and backed out the way I came. Sorry if that was you. I saw as you walked out later that you had no luck either. Good news is I found a great natural ground blind I can use until I can save up for a good Climber this Saturday is my wedding and one of my Aunt's is signing permission for 7 acers of private land so I can get out on sundays. I can set I can get a hang on stand and leave it there since it's private and won't have to worry about it being stolen. - Duncan

28-Sep-15
Get a good kryptonite cable lock,nothings truly private

28-Sep-15
Duncan try wrapping electrical tape around the parts that clang. should help a bit.

28-Sep-15

LimeyMotors's Link
2nd try at my new theme song link

28-Sep-15
Duncan,

You can fill the hollow tubing with an aerosol expanding foam insulation. Cap the opening around the point of insertion to force it deep into the open tube. Don't get any on you, as it takes forever to wear off.

28-Sep-15
You will get the hang of it. but yes sometimes a ground blind is less of a hassle.

28-Sep-15
Duncan I have an extra climber for you if you want it, no charge...Pm me with your phone number if you are interested and I'll call you with more details

28-Sep-15
Duncan if you can fill it with spray foam. It will add a bit of weight but if it is already heavy it wont matter. Shawn

29-Sep-15
Wrap whatever sections you can with Gorilla Tape. That will dampen the sound.. Mole Skin works well too. You can place patches of it where metal on metal contact is likely to happen.

29-Sep-15
Thanks for the tips guys but this stand rings like a bell even if I shift my weight from right foot to left. The way I could see is to fill the tubes with foam, but not all tubes are accessible and drilling holes is more work than I wan to do for this cheap POS. It is very difficult to get the platform sort of level as it has little adjustment and any adjustment has to be done on the ground. you have to guess how much the tree is going to narrow as you climb. most times I end up standing on a sloped platform. That makes long days not much fun. That's what I get for bargain shopping on Ebay. I learned a lesson that $90 climbing stands are just not worth it. -Duncan

• Sitka Gear