drslyr 01-Oct-15
sweet old bill 02-Oct-15
Ungie01201 02-Oct-15
deerman406 02-Oct-15
CurveBow 05-Oct-15
GAFFER1 05-Oct-15
drslyr 07-Oct-15
30-Sep-15
With bow season almost here I was wondering if weather like this (60 degrees and mostly cloudy) would be okay for me to leave my bow in my car (for a full work day)? Thanks

30-Sep-15
I don't think it'll be an issue.... I know I've left mine in the car in the 70's and 80's but not regularly... Sometimes that's the difference in getting out before work or not and if so I'd do it!

30-Sep-15
Not if you leave it unlocked

30-Sep-15
It should be fine, I usually throw a white hospital type blanket over mine if it is gonna be real warm or leave the windows cracked. I take mine to work all the time and leave it in the back seat of my truck, even on real warm days. I have never had an issue, my brother left one in the truck of his car on a day that was not real warm, say 65 but real sunny. One of the limbs did delaminate. Shawn

01-Oct-15
leave a window cracked if possible...if the sun decides to pop out, you can expect the inside of the car to get quite a bit hotter then the outside temp.

01-Oct-15
Geeeez i hope social services doesn't get a call for a bow left unattended in a hot car.

02-Oct-15
I leave mine in the trunk of the car. That way no direct sun light . I think it may reduce the potential heat from sun light.

02-Oct-15
I leave mine in all the time... locked of course

02-Oct-15
SOB, the trunk of a car is the worst place to leave any bow, trad or compound. It acts as an oven and the heat in a car trunk can delaminate a bow. Shawn

05-Oct-15
I work 3 hours away from home all week. I have been bringing my Matthews DXT with me with a block target to shoot. My bow has been in the car almost every day for the past 3 summers, even during 100 degree weather!!

When I started this, I posted the question here on Bowsite as well as emailed Matthews. Nobody thought it was a good idea, including me! However, after having stored the bow on the floor of the back seat of my car, I can report that absolutely nothing bad has occurred. I changed the string & cables in 2013 in advance of an elk hunt. The strings that were removed were in good shape and my current strings, going into NYS season beginning, are fine to use. I stopped at a bow shop recently and the cam timing was very close to perfect (after 2 years) and needed no adjustment.

Take your bow, keep it out of direct sunlight and don't worry!

>>>>-------->

05-Oct-15
You all are lucky, my workplace has a no weapons policy. Really sucks

07-Oct-15
Gaffer1 I was just about to say the same thing. However I may have forgotten to take it out of the truck under that blanket. I'm getting kinda forgetful in my old age.

• Sitka Gear