deerman406 19-Oct-15
deerman406 19-Oct-15
deerman406 19-Oct-15
deerman406 19-Oct-15
deerman406 19-Oct-15
deerman406 21-Oct-15
skipmaster1 27-Oct-15
30-Sep-15
Where I live we have had a ton of rain in the last 24 hrs. I normally do not hunt mornings early season, but with no rain and a North wind. I am gonna give it a go. I am hunting a stand called the trophy stand, which has only been sat once in 2 years.(The two times it has been sat resulted in a 127" and 130" buck being killed from it, thus the name.) I have sound knowledge of a good buck crossing near it most every morning. It is only 20 yards off the main road and I can walk to it in 3 minutes from my driveway. So, who else is hunting tomorrow?? Shawn

30-Sep-15
I'll be out. Unfortunately it's doe only for us. I've found incredible big buck sign this year in quite a few places. I'm avoiding those properties like the plague for now. I'll be hunting morning and evening, so with a little luck I'll have a deer or 2 down.

30-Sep-15
Ill be out. Glad I have a good selection of stands available as the winds look to stay N/NE for at least a couple days...not the best for most of my setups.

30-Sep-15
Getting kids off to school and gonna head out..no bucks allowed by me..1c.. so hopefully a doe or two..hope the rain knocked down some of the chiggers..went scouting the other day and got covered..good luck to all

30-Sep-15
Not me. This doe-only BS will keep me out of the NY woods til the 15th. NJ and Pa is opening so will spend the first 2 weeks there.

Good luck

30-Sep-15
I'm holding out until the 15th also because of the doe only rule. It would be just my luck to be in a stand and have a great buck walk by and offer a great shot that I might not be able to pass up. Yep.... I'm that weak. I think I'll go salmon fishing.

30-Sep-15
I could shoot either sex tomorrow, but I am going salmon fishing also.

01-Oct-15
I hunt both areas, my bow only area is pretty much off limits. I may hunt it one afternoon or two as we have lots and lots of deer and we could take some does(fawns only)and like Gregg said I have some big bucks and don't want to buggar them. I only sat til 8:30 this morning as the wind was brutal. I passed a borderline shooter at 7:15. He was about an 100" 8pt. I also passed a cow doe and was gonna shoot one of her fawns but they were both button bucks. I am gonna be out again this evening. Probably not go sit til around 5 if the wind dies down. Shawn

02-Oct-15
Being 83 and retired I try to get out every day, I do sleep in a lot of mornings but I never miss night stand. Ihave my grandson Thursday and my other 3 sons are coming to camp Fri-Sun Thursday was all does for me but my grandson saw 2 nice shooters but no shots. They are all out on stand this morning, I'll find out about the action when I get there.

02-Oct-15
sat am and pm in Eastern NY... saw mom and skip in am and mom w/ 2 skips in pm...

02-Oct-15
I had a good sit last night, but I hate this early season hunting. I could not see farther than 20 yards in any direction and the only deer I saw got through my shooting lane as I did not see him until he was entering it. I also hate that I have 3 shooters patterned but I cannot hunt them in my bow only area. I thought the purpose of opening the season Oct. 1st. was to give us the opportunity to hunt bucks still on a summer feed pattern. NYS is starting to really stink it up with their management ideas. Shawn

02-Oct-15
Man the wind in 9H is awful! Hope it lays down a bit for the weekend.

03-Oct-15
Wish the wind would just switch direction!! Still dead north here and that is not good for early season for me. I am heading out this afternoon and shoot a doe fawn for some meat. I just hope no big bucks walk by as I am hunting an area where they are not legal til the 15th. Shawn

03-Oct-15
Let us know NYBob.Griz

03-Oct-15
No doe hunting for me. First year that I did not buy a muzzle loader tag. I am not going to watch a hog buck walk by. Dec keeps this BS up of making rules up as they go so will a lot of others. But they don't apply it to the youth hunt.

03-Oct-15
Agree about the no bucks before Oct. 15th in some areas is just plain stupid. It is doing just the opposite of what they want. Guys will not bother hunting til the 15th knowing they could have a giant walk by and not be able to shoot it. I had a good sit this afternoon, nine deer with 4 being bucks. Two shooters but no shots. Shawn

04-Oct-15
I got a quick hunt in this afternoon and made a perfect shot on a lead doe with my recurve. I love it when a plan comes together.

04-Oct-15
Not till after the 15th! Why over hunt the sets and give away my location. Nah if we all stay out of the woods in the doe only zones and harvest reports are low maybe they will look into a earn a Buck format instead

04-Oct-15
Same wind again!!(NNE) Gonna hunt the door plant stand this afternoon. Shawn

04-Oct-15
deerman406, can you show us some pictures of these bucks?

05-Oct-15
If someone can post them. I haven't a clue. I have a few I am willing to show, not all of them though. If someone sends me an e-mail address I will send them the pics. Shawn

19-Oct-15

deerman406's embedded Photo
Here is one!

19-Oct-15

Another, neither are P&Y as I don't want to show many of the big bucks I am hunting. I will post one who still had some growing at time of photo.

19-Oct-15

This one squeaks in as a P&Y, he still had a ways to grow before this pic. He is now right around 130"s I would say. I have seen him twice in the last week and he is nice. Shawn

19-Oct-15
In order, One Eyed Willy, than Lucky Seven and lastly I call the ten point Big Jim! Shawn

19-Oct-15
I do not use trail cams so these are from my buddy Meatheads camera. He hunts most of the same properties as I do. Shawn

21-Oct-15
Had a great sit yesterday and saw 6 bucks and at least 15 does and fawns. There were 2 shooters in the bunch but nothing came close. On my way in I had a great encounter with Big Steve's twin and actually had him at 25 yards but way to thick for a shot. I watched him work over a cedar pretty good and than make a scrape as well, he than wandered out of my life for now. I believe there are at least 3 ten points on the property I am hunting and they all are definitely related, same rack configuration on them all. I hunted this evening from 3 to dark and did not see a deer. Shawn

27-Oct-15
I had a quick hunt this morning. It's starting to get good. I passed on 4 bucks, the biggest a 2.5 year old perfect 115"-120" 8 pointer and 6 does. One of which was in heat. Rattled in 3 of the bucks and heard some deep grunting back in the thickets.

• Sitka Gear