dxmemxpac 02-Oct-15
Somersbow 02-Oct-15
Mad dog 17-Oct-15
cityhunter 19-Oct-15
Mad dog 19-Oct-15
longbeard 20-Oct-15
cityhunter 20-Oct-15
01-Oct-15
Does anyone know if any local municipalities can prevent someone from bowhunting on private property via ordinance? I live in southern Westchester and heard that local municipalities can pass separate ordinances making hunting illegal - anyone ever heard of this?

01-Oct-15
It has always been my understanding that the state has exclusive rights to regulate hunting on private property. Municipalities can skirt this by passing ordinances that prohibit the discharge of firearms, or only allow it at a permitted firing range, etc. Municipalities can add extra rules as well, like on Long Island where town permits are/were needed in order to hunt deer. Municipalities can regulate hunting on their public property. For example, they can ban hunting in a town park.

01-Oct-15
It's my understanding that there is no hunting south of 287.

02-Oct-15
@skipmaster1 and that is based on local ordinances?

Thanks very much for the replies.

02-Oct-15
I have heard the 287 thing in the past, but have never been able to verify it. If you look at DEC take by towns in Westchester you will quickly see deer reported in many villages and cities in southern Westchester.

As noted, municipalities can limit discharge and effectively ban hunting on both public and private property. One must contact the town clerk in any municipality before hunting to be sure its legal to do so.

17-Oct-15
Hey Guys...is it me or is nothing moving in the woods in Westchester today. Ain't seen nuthin...Mad Dog

19-Oct-15

cityhunter's embedded Photo
cityhunter's embedded Photo
no way had this guy chasing does

19-Oct-15
Oh my God! Are u on a deer farm, or what? Wow. M.D

20-Oct-15
City that's a cruel joke to play on these guys that don't know you own property in Iowa!! Lol

20-Oct-15
sorry couldnt help myself it the net !!!!

• Sitka Gear