pav 04-Nov-15
Bou'bound 07-Nov-15
patience2spare 07-Nov-15
Bou'bound 16-Nov-15
pav 17-Nov-15
INbowdude 19-Nov-15
Russ Koon 23-Dec-15
02-Oct-15
Any of you guys get out yet to see what is wandering the woods?

14-Oct-15
Been out maybe 8 times and have yet to see a deer while on stand. I feel like a CT live hunt.

17-Oct-15
that is scary anyone else?

18-Oct-15
Been hunting Central Indiana not too far west of Indy. Have a mature buck that's been working a run line regularly, but all bucks still seem to be nocturnal. Seen a lot of does moving about 10am most days. Have spent many many any hours 20ft up and haven't seen any afternoon movement though. Hopefully another week or two and they'll get on their feet during daylight hours.

19-Oct-15
Hey Grant.

I have not been in a stand yet, but have spent time in the woods prepping for the end of the month.

Here are my observations in SE Indiana:

- Acorns are spotty. A few trees are loaded, most are not.

- Most bean fields are picked, still lots of corn standing, but that will likely change over the next two weeks.

- Water is at a premium. We had a wet spring and summer...until mid-August. Been dry ever since.

- Rubs and scrapes are starting to show up. Catching some decent bucks on trail cam during daylight hours. Big boys still moving mostly at night.

Good luck.

Paul

19-Oct-15
Thanks Paul!

20-Oct-15
Same here Pav, except for not seeing deer move while on stand.

Buckslayer, are you in Hendricks Co? I'm from Danville.

20-Oct-15
Hunting Putnam / Owen county sir. Live in brownsburg.

20-Oct-15
Best of luck neighbor!

21-Oct-15
Thanks bud. Same to you! Hopefully the next week or so these deer will get to moving some.

21-Oct-15
Thanks bud. Same to you! Hopefully the next week or so these deer will get to moving some.

25-Oct-15
Keep the updates flowing

25-Oct-15
First sit of the season this morning and the deer did not move in my area. Jumped a doe with twin fawns on the way out.

Scrape activity is picking up. Lots of young bucks leaving their scent (trail cam photos). Noticed a few new rubs put out this week as well.

Lots of corn that was standing a week ago is now gone. Got some rain yesterday and the hurricane is supposed to give us two more days of rain this week.

On vacation starting Saturday!

25-Oct-15
Sat all day today and didn't see any movement. Camera is still just showing night time movement in central Indiana. Fresh rubs and scrapes out. Hopefully it'll pick up this week.

26-Oct-15
Saw a young buck harassing a doe in central Indiana Sunday night. Found a few more scrapes, that smelled strongly of deer. Should be picking up soon. Best of luck to all!

27-Oct-15
Thinking Thursday will be a personal day for me. Hoping the two days of rain and temp drop will add up to good movement.

28-Oct-15
Off to sleep. Hoping for a good day tomorrow. Going to be windy, but hoping they're moving after all this rain and the temp drop. Best of luck to anyone else hitting the woods. Will update what the cams and my eyes see as the day happens.

28-Oct-15
Scrape and rub activity has been minimal over the past couple weeks up in the NE corner of our state. I have seen exactly 8 deer in approximately 22hours on stand. All of my mature buck pictures have still been at night. I have Friday off after Parent-Teacher conferences tomorrow evening. There are three different bucks I will gladly shoot if they will just move during daylight.

No longer have an urban spot to hunt as my elderly friend, Charlie passed away last fall and his property is in the legal system between his daughter and second wife. Tough not hanging out with Charlie after hunting an afternoon through the week!!

Good luck this weekend. It's got to pick up soon. Most of the crops are out up my way already. Pete

29-Oct-15
Well seen a few bucks cruising this morning. Both 6 points. Both were wide out in the open. One about 930 and one about 1030. Wind picked up bad after noon and didn't see any activity roughing it out in the tree stand in 25mph wind. Seen lots of rubs, but no new scrapes Guess we'll see how this weekend goes. Saturday is supposed to be crappy for us in central Indiana, but my guess is I'll still be out there.

Best of luck to you all! We're coming up on the time we all wait all year for. May you arrows fly straight.

29-Oct-15
Well seen a few bucks cruising this morning. Both 6 points. Both were wide out in the open. One about 930 and one about 1030. Wind picked up bad after noon and didn't see any activity roughing it out in the tree stand in 25mph wind. Seen lots of rubs, but no new scrapes Guess we'll see how this weekend goes. Saturday is supposed to be crappy for us in central Indiana, but my guess is I'll still be out there.

Best of luck to you all! We're coming up on the time we all wait all year for. May you arrows fly straight.

31-Oct-15

BuckSlayer's embedded Photo
BuckSlayer's embedded Photo
Sitting here staring at this doe decoy for the day. Bring me luck my sexy Montana doe. Nothing as the sun came up, but hoping it picks up a little.

31-Oct-15
Had a nice encounter with a 3yr old 8 pt thursday evening. Came to grunt call. Made a scrape 40 yds from me. Out cruising and looking. Saw a coyote yesterday evening. My dad saw a mammoth doe by herself yesterday evening. Have see one small buck so far this morning in ripley county. My wife is hunting in greene county with her dad. She saw 3 does yesterday evening and has seen 3 does with a spike chasing so far this morning.

31-Oct-15
Yeah slayer that is the best of the Montana decoys, I like the way it is looking at you, me I am waiting on crops but the golf course closes tomorrow. Deerdecoy.org good luck!

02-Nov-15
Hunted Monroe County this weekend. Not a lot of movement. Saw a doe Friday evening. Young 8 point cruising Saturday morning. Nice time in the woods. Should be getting real good soon.

03-Nov-15
Does and young bucks are moving in ripley county. Dad shot a 2.5 yr old 9 pt yesterday. Coyotes are also on the move. Have seen 7 in the last 4 days and in groups of 2 and 3.

03-Nov-15
Does and young bucks are moving in ripley county. Dad shot a 2.5 yr old 9 pt yesterday. Coyotes are also on the move. Have seen 7 in the last 4 days and in groups of 2 and 3.

04-Nov-15
SLOW in SE Indiana. Never saw it this slow. The heat is miserable. Do they make unscented tanning lotion?

07-Nov-15
that is a brute. WOW great job.

07-Nov-15
Way to go, Matt!!! That is a beautiful buck! Public land as well: awesome. Pete

16-Nov-15
neat deer nice one to be sure.

17-Nov-15
Very nice buck Matt.

Great story to go along with him!

19-Nov-15
Way to go!

23-Dec-15
Congrats, Matt!

Very nice story as well.

I hadn't been on the IN forum in some time and come back to find both pav's Bighorn story and your public land success!

• Sitka Gear