MBMule 14-Nov-15
Roose 15-Nov-15
BuckSlayer 15-Nov-15
BuckSlayer 15-Nov-15
MBMule 20-Nov-15
Gumby 26-Feb-16
Gumby 26-Feb-16
02-Oct-15
How is everyone making out with the big game animals? Been deer hunting a lot this year and this has been the toughest year for me to date.

06-Oct-15
Managed to arrow a buck this morning and was super pumped until I saw I hit him in the should with a lot of arrow sticking out. He did mule kick so I thought I did hit him hard. I let him be for a good while and went to look for blood and there was lots. I followed the blood trail for about 1 1/2 miles and blood ran out on the edge of alfalfa field. He was going towards sunflowers...I looked and looked for more blood and nothing, my heart completely sank into my chest. I looked around for a long time but still empty handed. I know these things happen but really sucks because I thought I was right on him behind shoulder. I will go back again and look, but things are not looking good.

08-Oct-15
It sounds like he will live.

09-Oct-15

MBMule's embedded Photo
MBMule's embedded Photo
I only had one tag in Manitoba this year and filled it on my first sit, the evening of opening day. I sure wish I could get another tag to try to fill with my bow in rifle season.

10-Oct-15
Very nice buck!!! Congrats.

17-Oct-15

Bear Track's embedded Photo
Bear Track's embedded Photo
My first elk with a bow.

17-Oct-15
Congrats Ron! Doesn't get better than a mature elk!

18-Oct-15
Congrats Ron, that's a great bull.

18-Oct-15
Great bull...big congrats!

14-Nov-15
Has anyone had any luck on whitetails during the rut?

15-Nov-15

Roose's embedded Photo
Roose's embedded Photo
I missed this guy 6 days ago...I misjudged the yardage and put an arrow over his back.

15-Nov-15
Ouch! Been there a time or two.

15-Nov-15
Bunch of us were successful with archery tackle this year. Hit a big buck in sept but figure must have been a shoulder (scapula) hit and lost him. Very poor penetration and very little blood in a short trail. That hurt. Buddy shot an awesome buck (140s)and had 4 more even bigger shooters walk by anywhere from 10-50 yds in the same sit. All after he shoots of course. I missed a good 4x4 on November 5 and ended up with a last light buck I thought was way bigger. Major ground shrinkage there. Lol Eating well though. Spending my time now helping my nephew get a shot for his first deer season. So all told it's been good. Couple gun kills in my hunting buddies. Seeing tons of bucks on friends fb pages. Seems for a slow rut that a lot of deer are hitting the ground. Scared for next few yrs. My honey hole was a complete dud this season. Last 8yrs of hard work managing and place is a ghost town. Super bummed about that.

20-Nov-15

MBMule's embedded Photo
MBMule's embedded Photo
This isn't a Manitoba deer (obviously), but there's not many photos on this thread yet, so I figured I might as well add this one. I took him in SE Alberta in mid-September.

26-Feb-16

Gumby's embedded Photo
Gumby's embedded Photo
Not a big game pic but here is my first ever Canada Goose. I've never been a waterfowl hunter as such but this past year I got thinking about trying to get a goose or two. Problem being I don't own a good shotgun. It's legal to hunt waterfowl with a bow so I thought I'd give her a whirl. Set up a dozen decoys in a harvested field and got hunkered down behind an old oak tree on a fence line and waited. Two Canadas showed up and landed just behind my decoys. I used my range finder and they were out at 46 yds. I almost didn't take the shot but then I got thinking about all the 50 yard 3D shots I took this past summer and convinced myself I could do it. Drew and leaned around the tree a bit and let er fly. Solid whack and he flopped around about 20 -30 yds and he was done. Kinda got me pumped for next fall now.

26-Feb-16

Gumby's embedded Photo
Gumby's embedded Photo
Pic of my decoys from behind the oak tree.

• Sitka Gear