Rando22 02-Oct-15
GIT R DONE 02-Oct-15
Garbanzo 02-Oct-15
Rando22 02-Oct-15
Garbanzo 02-Oct-15
cjb5591 03-Oct-15
Bloodtrail 03-Oct-15
02-Oct-15
I'm new to hunting state land as I've only hunted small private land in CT. I'm interested in hunting state land with bow only. On the DEEP map i'm looking at some land that is WMA that says permit required. The land is listed as No Lottery B. Am I able to bow hunt this? Does the No Lottery (and permit that is required) only apply to firearms? Can i bow hunt this land until No Lottery B starts? How does that work?

Also a general question - on any given state map, is the property not listed as bow only still open to bow hunting until firearms opens? In other words if it's not marked bow only can i still hunt that up until firearms seasons?

I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

Randy

02-Oct-15
If it's hunt able state land u can bow hunt it until gun season starts then it's closed and opens up later as far as your first question I have no answer

02-Oct-15
Lots of places are Deer Bow only, but you need a permit for Pheasant or turkey shotgun. What spot are you referring to.

02-Oct-15
I was looking at Maromas Coop in Middletown. I love in Wallingford. Can I bow hunt this area? Permit required or is that only for firearms?

02-Oct-15
That appears to be an area that the DEEP leases from Northeast Utilities. The Hunting guide is a bit ambivalent on if a permit is required for that area for Bow. I get the feeling that it is, but it is not 100% clear. I suggest you call DEEP and ask. On the DEEP Hunting Area maps you can filter to show the Deer Bowhunting Only Areas. In the Wallingford area you have Blacks Pond in Meriden, Cromwell Meadows, Durham Meadows and the Quinnipiac River State Park all Deer Bowhunting Only options.

03-Oct-15
You do not need a permit for Maromas (deer and turkey). A permit is required for small game and waterfowl. Lottery A & B concerns firearm seasons, and yes you can bow hunt these areas outside of firearm season. Some of the WMAs are bow hunting only.

03-Oct-15
Bow only state land means you can hunt it from the archery opener straight through gun season (9/15 - 12/31) with bow only. No one can gun hunt there for deer. And you have to wear orange when you walk in or hunt from the ground during deer gun season dates.

• Sitka Gear