Connecticut
Contributors to this thread:
Birdman 03-Oct-15
notme 03-Oct-15
Wild Bill 03-Oct-15
Birdman 03-Oct-15
GED 03-Oct-15
03-Oct-15
Age is catching up, strained some muscles in my lower back last weekend been on the couch ever since. Guess that is what a desk jockey gets for having home improvement skills!! Doc says I will be fine with rest and back stretching and strengthening. Obviously want to get back in a tree as quick as possible. Thinking about the toll of sitting and standing in a tree stand or ladder stand started me wondering if a back support would be a good idea. Do any of you wear one while hunting? If so brand and does it help? Thanks in advance for the responses.

03-Oct-15
I guess it would depend on how bad Your back is..usually iuse the heated ones,the ones with the pockets,..theyre good for a few hours and keep me warm too.

03-Oct-15
"back stretching and strengthening"

Like what, in particular? Did he give you a program to follow?

If not,I would suggest a book called "Pain Free" by Dr.Egoscue. The premise of the book seems to me to be sound, and the exercises are good, but the extent to which it is promised as a "cure all", seems over rated, to me.

Making time to exercise is one of the best things you can do, to help you age with a good measure of health. Combine that to a healthy diet, and I believe the combination contributes to robust activity and enjoyment of life.

03-Oct-15
Wild Bill, Iam doing pt for a while and will be working with a strength coach at the fitness facility I belong to. I also cycle 2-3 times a week sometimes more 20 or more miles. I have never really been into strength training except in high school when I wrestled. Could definitely stand to lose 20 or so pounds so I am going start working on that as well. I know core strength and conditioning will solve this as I am relatively healthy. Just thinking about the toll standing or sitting in a tree stand on a hard metal surface takes and if anyone has found that good back support helps.

03-Oct-15
I would use heated body warmer thingamombobers while on stand.

• Sitka Gear