1acrewhitetails 03-Oct-15
Mike F 03-Oct-15
bsjones84 03-Oct-15
Mike F 03-Oct-15
bsjones84 03-Oct-15
Turkeyhunter 03-Oct-15
Turkeyhunter 04-Oct-15
03-Oct-15
Hello everyone! I've been away from hunting for a few years. Was hoping to be able to go later on in the year. I was looking through the regs and it seems they've made a lot of changes, and I'm not sure I understand them all. You have to decide whether you're hunting on public or private land, and which county you're hunting in and you're pretty much stuck with it that whole year? Can you change this? I'm not sure I got that right. And when did this come about? Anyone able to clarify this? Thanks!

03-Oct-15
Buck tag is good anywhere statewide. Doe tag is county/land type specific. Bonus doe tags are available for some areas

03-Oct-15
When you purchase your license you have to declare what county and public or private land for the antlerless tags only.

Yup, I feel your pain....

03-Oct-15
Okay, so the earn a buck system is gone now? When you buy a deer tag it's for a buck and then you get a doe tag with it?

03-Oct-15

Mike F's Link
Yes EAB is gone. You get one buck tag and 1 doe tag if there is a quota in the county where you are hunting. There are some counties with Zero antlerless tags.

There are also no more zones like 57A, 62B, and so on. The new DMU's are now county borders.

Here's a link to the regulations. Do yourself a favor and give them a read.

03-Oct-15
Thanks everyone. I did read through the regs, which is how I found out. It was just confusing. Thanks for clarifying!

03-Oct-15
I have taken note that the politics have been taken out of the woods and the deer put back in.

04-Oct-15
Legislature and the gov sez so.

So it's true...

• Sitka Gear