bfisherman11 19-Oct-15
Grunter 19-Oct-15
The Whip 21-Oct-15
Mad_Angler 22-Oct-15
Naz 22-Oct-15
The Whip 31-Oct-15
Novemberforever 31-Oct-15
05-Oct-15
3 out my 4 Moultrie's won't capture pics onto SD cards. Never had an issue before this year. I've had them for about 3 years. Tried new/different SD cards no luck. Anyone ever experience this problem? Looking for feedback on some new cams and what you think is the best cam for around $150-$200.

05-Oct-15

Dampland's Link
Grunter, are you using too large of SD cards for those cameras?

\meaning are you trying to use a 8gig card in a camera that only accepts 4 gig or smaller cards?

I have that issue with a few of my older Moultries.

If that is not the issue, and the SD cards have been properly formatted, and you are still having issues, than I would recommend the following cameras for your price range.

RED GLOW cameras: Bushnell Aggressor HD $180 Bushnell Trophy Cam Essential $150 Browning Strike Force HD $130

Black or No-glow cameras: Bushnell Aggressor HD No Glow $200 Moultrie M-880i Gen2 $170 Browning Spec Ops FHD $180

I personally am partial to Bushnell cameras, but they are alos consistantly the higher rated trail cameras as well.

05-Oct-15
Go to trailcampro.com I've had all kinds of issues with trail cams over the years. Best one for the buck imo in browning

05-Oct-15
Moultrie 880i awesome on batteries, simple, great pics

05-Oct-15

Naz 's embedded Photo
Naz 's embedded Photo
Agree the 880s are nice. I have about a dozen cams, five different brands; only new purchase this year was a Moultrie A8 for $60 (coupon special, Dunham's). Very happy so far, wish I would have purchased more at that price. Photo samples, day and night.

05-Oct-15
I have a number of Covert Black cam's....very happy with them.

05-Oct-15
Interesting ELkaddict. I have been beyond disappointed with my RED and Black Coverts I purchased last year. My coverts from 6 years ago are much better.

05-Oct-15
I agree with maybe using too large of a SD cards. Also check and see if there is any firmware updates to that camera.

05-Oct-15
Dampland, I have 5 out and have had zero issues with them knock on wood!!

05-Oct-15
There's a crap ton of cameras out there and there are some too overpriced. There is no reason to have a high mega pixel, these photos are not being blown up and take up too much space. I won't spend more than $100 because I'd rather buy more cameras. I recently picked a nice compact Wildgame camera because our neighbor had one out and I downloaded their card and the IR night pics are real crisp and the IR flash range was broad and bright. Some cameras have grainy IR photos. It's a 6mp camera, but can be set lower. I thinks it's called a Nano.

05-Oct-15
Knife2sharp, which Nano is that? I see they make several models in Nano series. Also, do you know where they can be purchased? I don't see them in most catalogs and have not been to larger sport shops in a while.

05-Oct-15
I have 3 Moultrie 990i and have had good luck with them. They are black out cams. Very clear pics, videos, $190.

05-Oct-15
My SD cards were 2 and 4 gig so I don't think that was the problem? Same SD cards I've been using for 3 years. Cams are M100 models from a few years ago. Been doing research on the m990 and m1100 but seems like lots of people are having issues with those models. Anyone have these models? Moultrie offers 40% off new cams so I'm kinda leaning that way. Thanks guys for your replys!

05-Oct-15
Browning cameras have not let me down. 12 months on 8 AA batteries are the norm and that is during some cold winter months.

05-Oct-15
Primos proof cam 2. Less than $150.

05-Oct-15
Sorry, it's a Crush Illusion 6. I got it at Fleet Farm.

05-Oct-15
I have 4 Moultrie m80xd's, 1 m880 and 1 m990. They are all good cameras that I have purchased off Ebay or Archerytalk.com. I will say there is a company (VM Innovations) which offers a 2 year warranty for Moultrie cams. But they have to be purchased off Ebay. It is a 1 year manufacturer warranty and 1 year VM Innovations warranty...full replacement if it can not be fixed. They do stand behind them too as I have had 1 of the m80xd cameras replaced.

JackPine...how many pictures do you get a month though on your cameras? A lot of the battery life depends on the number of pictures taken.

06-Oct-15
I set my for 10 second video clips so that the night time clips are clear vs fuzzy pictures. Average 75 video clips weekly on a food plot or scrape. I also use re-chargeable AA batteries.

The Cheaper Than Dirt website always has good deals.

06-Oct-15
Exodus cams or Browning are the ones I use

07-Oct-15
I am super happy with my Stealth Cam G42NGs and G30s. Great camera with long battery life.

07-Oct-15
I've been very happy with basic coverts that I get for around $110 on sale at Wing Supply

07-Oct-15
Anyone know who makes Cabela's cameras for them? I added a couple to the arsenal this season and they have done well so far.

09-Oct-15
Grunter, try going on the Moultrie website and doownloading firmware updates. Transfer the update file onto an SD card and you can update the cameras. I've done that a couple times and it worked to get them going again.

As far as new ones, I've been looking at the Browning models as well. They get very good reviews on the Cabelas website.

09-Oct-15
Thanks Stinky, actually tried that on my computer and my computer wouldn't download it. So my buddy is trying now for me. But yes good idea!

09-Oct-15
I have 2 Browning Dark Ops HD out right now. I will report how they worked end of next week. I also have a Moultrie M-990i I will be comparing them to. Been out for 2 months without checking so should have something to go by.

09-Oct-15
One other note. I bought the StealthCam unit at Sam's Club a few weeks ago. Camera comes with an SD card and good batteries. Daytime pics are good. IR pics are crap. If the deer is moving, the pics are blurry. Even when they aren't moving, the pics are grainy. The video mode works well in both day and night mode. In fact it also has sound. Not a bad camera considering it was only $100 but I won't buy another one. For a little more money a guy can try one of the new Brownings or a Moultrie.

10-Oct-15
Stinky, which model did you buy? If it was a model they called the "Unit", that camera is 3 years old and lacking all the new technology. I have one of the new G42NGs from Stealth Cam and the thing is awesome. Takes great night photos and awesome video. It is a $139 camera tho. I have a number of the new model G42NGs and the G30s and they work great.

10-Oct-15
Moultrie cameras have always been good to me in the long run!

16-Oct-15
Do Not Buy a Browning Black Out Model BTC-6HP!!!

Pictures are only so-so and after I took SD card out (1st time use) camera would not accept another card:it would only accept same card if I put it back in.

I called the 888 number right from the woods for an explanation and was told I had bad SD cards ( Itried 3 different new ones, all of which work in my Moultrie I990.) Then he said they were having problems with picture quality especially at night and he sent me software instructions to update.

I need a computer degree to decipher the instructions. How can they put these models on the market knowing they have problems. And how can the Trailcam ratings site not know this? I am PO'D and have update problem handed over to wife! lol

I will stick with Moultries:No problems

19-Oct-15
I have had several cameras from several makers. Right now I really like Stealth Cam G42NG. It has decent trigger, but I set up so it is not just crossing traffic and I like the sound part as well. I like the No-Glow cams. I have not had any issues. I did just buy 2 Moultrie A-7i cams. I can tell the trigger is slower than the Stealth cam and it has no sound. I got a great price so it is what it is. This was a cheap cam to replace a couple old Moultrie i40's that I finally retired. In hind site I wish I just spent a bit more and bout the Stealth but these work for the spots I have them out. No complaints and 7MP is plenty for most of us.

Bill

19-Oct-15
Just bought 4 of the Stealth G42NG, putting them out this week. I'll let ya know how they do

21-Oct-15
Check out the Covert Cameras Great picks, quiet and affordable

22-Oct-15
I'll second the vote for trailcampro.com

They'll give unbiased, technical reviews of nearly all the camera brands. They will also answer your questions in person if you call.

I followed their recommendations and bought two $129 Browning cameras. They came with memory cards and a 2 year warranty. I am extremely happy with the cameras.

22-Oct-15

Naz 's embedded Photo
Naz 's embedded Photo
This in the inbox today, from Dunham's, same deal I took advantage of earlier this fall and it's been performing well.

31-Oct-15
Bought. New browning a couple weeks ago

Really impressed

31-Oct-15
Have a bunch of dummie cruddebacks that dont work in the woods. Went to reconyx, expensive, good but after 5 years 1 failed and reconyx had no refurb program. Next batch will be covert blacks. Hearing good things.

• Sitka Gear