Oklahoma
Contributors to this thread:
Cottonwood88 06-Oct-15
Ian32 09-Oct-15
cottonwood 10-Oct-15
cottonwood 10-Oct-15
Ian32 10-Oct-15
06-Oct-15
I took off the first four days of season this year to hunt Osage WMA western wall unit. I was appalled at how many hunters! I've hunted it the last four years really hard without much luck and was curious if there are other bow hunting only areas in the northeast part of the state? Don't want to steal anyone's honey hole. I also had a camera and stand stolen as well as another setup messed with:( go figure

09-Oct-15
I've started hunting the Copan area this year but was planning on going out to Western Wall and Hulah also. I found some decent sheds at Copan this past spring. I think the Rock Creek area is bowhunting only and I don't think it closes down like Western Wall does for gun hunting. I've never been to the Rock Creek area but I think your gonna have similar problems on any public land. From what I understand Western Wall is the least hunted around and it definitely holds the best bucks for public land.

10-Oct-15
It wasn't bad a few years ago, it's always been a tough area to hunt though. Any area closed to gun hunting is going to be decent hunting. Rock creek is not closed to guns...it is open for both deer gun and muzzleloader as well as youth deer gun. I've heard good things about Copan too. I think I am going to check out Oklmugee GMA more. I went scouting there a saw a nice one!

10-Oct-15
How do I have 2 different handles?

10-Oct-15
Yeah Osage County is definitely tough for bowhunting. I know there are some good deer around Okmulgee. Good luck!

• Sitka Gear