Novemberforever 06-Oct-15
Grunter 07-Oct-15
Grunter 07-Oct-15
Knife2sharp 07-Oct-15
Jeff in MN 07-Oct-15
Nocturnal8 07-Oct-15
Drop Tine 07-Oct-15
06-Oct-15
I took a stand tonight and I couldn't believe I layed eyes on the buck I shot the other week. To see him walking my property and during daylight is just amazing! Almost brought tears to my eyes to see how great he's doing. He must have pulled my arrow out somehow or maybe it fell out and I couldn't find it. I couldn't be happier. Hope to get trail cam pics of him so I can show you guys

06-Oct-15
This is why I don't believe in punching my tag if I don't recover the deer. There is a possibility at another chance.

I shot a buck 4 years ago that I thought was a complete miss. I was glassing him as he walked across the pond in front of me after he made a quick 20 yard dash through some brush. I did not see a hair out of place, I didn't see any blood running down his side and he looked to be walking fine.

I did find blood the next day and his bed on the bank of the pond on the other side. We searched the river bottoms far and wide, and even the woods above the pond where he approached. This was the weekend before Xmas and I had a couple weeks left. I continued hunting, but only for him, because I though it may have been a brisket shot.

Long story short, he never showed up on our cameras and I never saw him while hunting. I found him 6 weeks later, and where I found him I walked within 20 yards of him several times. I just so happened to walk the edge of the field and I found his leg that was drug out by an animal.

That is one buck I wish I recovered right away since that's been my only buck that showed up on different cameras throughout the fall and winter and I even got a pic of him on a scrape 2 nights before I shot him and I spooked him on my way back to the vehicle. He was a photogenic buck for a 3 1/2 year old on public land.

06-Oct-15
Very cool hope you get another crack at him back with trail cam picks I wanna see you holding him. Must be one back of a load of your shoulders.

06-Oct-15
Ohh man!! Loads of stress off my back. It was the first and last thing I thought about. Highs and lows in hunting! Season just started and I've seen em all already.

06-Oct-15
That is tremendous news Nocturnal. I'm sure it makes you feel better. Now give this a storybook ending!

06-Oct-15
Thanks happy! I'll tell you what. It's been a story book ending already. Whatever happens this season I don't care.

06-Oct-15
Knife2sharp i know what you mean. I don't think I'd punch my tag on a buck. A doe though. That's a different story.

06-Oct-15
That's great news, and now you will be able to enjoy the rest of the season.

06-Oct-15
Good to hear!

06-Oct-15
As i stated on another thread. 40 years, 800 kills on the same dirt has taught me that beyond a gut hit most of the stick hit deer make it. Do your best prep/bt work and get back in the saddle.

07-Oct-15
800 kills November?

07-Oct-15
Happy for ya Noctural! Glad to see he's still around, good luck on another chance. He's a dandy

07-Oct-15
He's a dandy? Is there a picture I'm not seeing?

07-Oct-15
800 kills, must be counting squirrels, rabbits, etc too. Either that or he is counting all the kills from a large hunting party.

07-Oct-15
Thanks guys! Knife2sharp check out September trail cam pics. First pic at the top.

07-Oct-15
20 deer a year November? Who needs to kill that much?

• Sitka Gear