Wisconsin
Contributors to this thread:
Willert88 08-Oct-15
Nocturnal8 09-Oct-15
Dampland 09-Oct-15
Crusader dad 09-Oct-15
smokey 09-Oct-15
08-Oct-15
What time do you like to head into the woods? I normally head out about 2 hours before dark. I have a hard time sitting still and where I hunt I don't have deer walking in front of me constantly to keep me entertained. Was just curious what everyone's views were about time on stand. Anyone pull all day in a stand? I know during the rut being in the woods is important anytime of day, what about non rut times? A lot of people I know will hunt a couple hours in the morning than wait till evening to head back out. Is that pretty common or do you guys sit all afternoon?

09-Oct-15
During the rut all day forsure. Pack food to last. Early season I sit longer in the mornings, few hours. Evenings I try and get in stand around 5 and stay till dark. Middle October I stop hunting mornings. And just focus on the evening sit.

09-Oct-15
Early season until Mid October, I skip the morning hunts, and just hunt the last 2-3 hours of the day.

Then from about the 25th of October thru the middle of November, I try to hunt all day or at least from sun up until 1:30/2:00, go in for a quick lunch, then back out by 3pm until dark.

As I've gotten older, my bad back has made it harder for me to sit all day in a ladder stand, so I take more lunches than I used to.

09-Oct-15
I like to be in my stand 45 min to an hr before any sign of light in the mornings no matter what time of year. Early season I usually only sit the first two hours and then still hunt/ scout for an hour or two. I then head back out so I am sitting down with a full two hours before dark. Once October comes my sits are three hours each until about the 15th. They then go to four hours each until Halloween with still hunting during the mid day. Once Halloween comes I do everything I can to stay in the woods all day. I like to go out at night and drink/gamble when I'm up north so ill sometimes climb out of the tree and lay on the ground for a nap. Two years ago I woke to a spike about ten feet from me. It sometimes gets boring out there but you can kill them if your sitting on the couch.

09-Oct-15
Being retired I hunt when I can squeeze in the time :-)

The last 2-3 hours of the day until about the third week of Oct. then I like to be on stand before daylight and hunt until noon. The the last two hours. If warm in the afternoon I might skip afternoon hunts and do only mornings. Last week of Oct until gun season many all day sits. Sometimes in Nov. I might switch stands mid day.

Dec. I sit the last two hours. If I still have a tag :-(

• Sitka Gear