lazer2 16-Oct-15
Ben Farmer 17-Oct-15
Mitch 17-Oct-15
RC 17-Oct-15
Treerat 17-Oct-15
Ben Farmer 18-Oct-15
Rut Nut 19-Oct-15
09-Oct-15
Let's get it going folks! Buck are fighting all over the SW....

Keep this thread about BOWHUNTING please- this is about bein up to yer elbows in chest cavity! Dinin on backstrap, smelling like dirt or dirty does, whizzin in a scrape, changing yer soiled duds cuz momma bear and the kids showed up.

Wear yer harnesses! Sunday we can all celebrate together with cigars and brews online! Cuz we Caint hunt......

09-Oct-15

horsethief51 's embedded Photo
3 guys and their stickbows are showing up at camp ubp this evening and staying through Monday for the first annual 2-D traditional doe hunt. Just waiting for this nasty front to blow through. Next 3 days should be nice though. Been seeing deer every day in the 8 different stands and blinds I have hunted so it should be fun to get guys in them all at the same time.

Saw a buck standing in this spot yesterday morning at 9:15 AM from 150 yards away.

09-Oct-15
Week two? It's only Friday of week one. Don't be in such a big hurry to rush through the season, my friend. It goes by fast enough on its own.

09-Oct-15
Well Jeff you can do week 3 then from your stand:) I posted so nobody had to do it tomorrow. BTW "Debate Free" :)

10-Oct-15
Taking the youngster out again in the morning, so he is pretty pumped. We shot our bows today for a little while and it just felt so right. Hopefully he can put and good ethical shot if presented tomorrow. If he shoots like he did today, he should have no problem.

10-Oct-15
Sitting at home barely able to walk due to plantar fasciitis. Hope to hunt some old spots close to home this evening until I get this crap under control.

10-Oct-15
sitting in a stand now, Saturday morning

nothing yet. 7:29

Bill v

10-Oct-15
On stand in 5D. Perfect contains but deer must not think so.

Not a deer sighing as of 830.

10-Oct-15
Dale, I'm just thinking the hunting week should start on Sunday like a normal week :^)

10-Oct-15

Banjo's embedded Photo
Banjo's embedded Photo
Doe down in 2A.

10-Oct-15

Ed got his first archery buck this morning with a recurve bow. I just put the stand up Sunday.

10-Oct-15

A little while later Chise got a nice fat 7 point with a recurve bow that he made from a blind.

10-Oct-15
Me too Jeff:) nice Art! That weren't the shot bow was it?:)

10-Oct-15
No Dale. He made them all, including Ed's bow. Chise actually missed the buck but it did't go far, then came back and he shot it at 8 yards. High double lunger went less than 155 yards. Ed hit his in the femoral artery and the do went 20 yards. Both guys waited intil 9 to go get them. The third guy with us, Nate, had 2 young bucks about 5 yards from his stand.

10-Oct-15
I meant the "shot" bow with 3 glasses

10-Oct-15
Great day. Seen two four points and a spike along with fifteen does. Almost all with in 30 yards. Of course the spike got the closet,at one point he wasn't much more than ten feet from my feet! Also 3 gobblers at 20 feet and a little later 5 hens. I was on the ground all day.

11-Oct-15
Congrats to the successful hunters

Hope to get out Sinday night in Ohio again, have not been able to hunt since Wednesday night.

Mike

11-Oct-15
Congrats to the successful hunters!

Spent a wonderful evening in a tree. Moved about 100y from my stand earlier in the week to where I saw the most deer movement. Of course, did not see a deer tonight. But at 6:20 I spotted a small bear working his way along the ridgeline about 40y from me. Managed to get it on video on my phone. First time taking video from my stand. of course all you can see is a little black shadow moving thru the woods on my crappy phone, but I thought it was COOL! :)

11-Oct-15
Congrats to Ed, Chise, and Banjo. Heard a rumor that Jen got a doe... Congrats girl..

11-Oct-15
My wife, Ilene, was able to get her first buck with the bow last night. She made a perfect 20 yard heart shot and he tipped over in sight.

I'm particularly proud of her as she beat a terrible case of target panic. She hurt her back last year and shooting her bow caused a shot of pain every shot. That lead to her not being able to even hit the target. She shut it down for about 6 months and then got to work building her form back up. After a summer of practice she had worn the center out of her target.

She's excited since she can now save her vacation for the archery bear season! Look out bears.

11-Oct-15
I new bow hunter and my co-work who I have been "mentoring" along with several other good guy bow hunters shot his first deer Saturday morning. He definitely gets rookie of the year in his positive attitude and eagerness to learn and yesterday made a great shot on a button buck. I am sure he is hooked.

I on the other hand had a very slow day in the deer woods, no whitetail during my AM hunt and 3 out of range doe or button buck on my PM hunt.

Bow season is the absolute best...

11-Oct-15

Mitch's embedded Photo
Mitch's embedded Photo

11-Oct-15
Mitch- Tell your wife CONGRATS and way to hang in there! Geez, where do you find these big bodied bucks???!!! How much did that thing weigh??????

Exanguinator- tell your rookie friend CONGRATS! Always good to hear about the rookies gettin' their first deer! Brings back memories of my first deer with the bow.

11-Oct-15

This is Ed's deer right after it was hit with the arrow and you can see the orange lighted nock. The deer was standing in the scrape in front of the camera.

11-Oct-15
Congrats to your wife Mitch!

Ed, that is a wild looking pic!!

11-Oct-15

Huntinggal2009's embedded Photo
Huntinggal2009's embedded Photo
Wow! Some nice deer were taken this weekend!! Congrat's everyone!

Shot this one at "dark thirty" last night. Fifteen yards, a little further back than I'd like, but liver shot nonetheless. Heard her crashing in the brush so was pretty sure it was a good hit. She went less than a 100 yards. Thanks to George and Patty my tracking/dragging team!! Funny thing is Dale H. and I were "talking" on FB about how nice of an evening it was, right before I shot her.

11-Oct-15
Way to go Jen.

11-Oct-15
Nice job, Jen! CONGRATS! :)

11-Oct-15
Dale, Your hunt certainly took a 180. I know you have replayed every second, over and over again. In that situation I would have done the same thing. Please give Jared my best wishes for a speedy recovery. Take care of yourself and MJ as well!!

12-Oct-15
Is Ed's "buck" a button buck? I don't see antlers.

12-Oct-15
Shot a nice doe Saturday evening in 2B.

12-Oct-15
My mistake. I meant first archery deer.

12-Oct-15
70 degree temps this week aren't helping things.

12-Oct-15

TurkeyAssassin's embedded Photo
TurkeyAssassin's embedded Photo
Hit this buck from the ground Thursday evening and after not finding the arrow and a sparse blood trail we backed out. The warm temps and bears in the area had me laying awake all night and the shot running instant replay through my mind. Had a buddy come at first light and after not finding more blood we started a grid search. About 20 minutes in my friend found him. The hit was high and back still contacting both lungs and this deer managed to go approx. 300-325 yards on his death run. The exit hole had lung hanging out preventing a better blood trail. Could not believe he would get that far. Meat was still ok thankfully.

12-Oct-15
Nice, what county?

12-Oct-15
Pike...I am near Perry. AKA Rutnut.

12-Oct-15
Bunch on nice deer taken so far this season. Congrats to all of you! My season has started out slow, but with any luck it will pick up soon.

12-Oct-15

huntinelk's embedded Photo
huntinelk's embedded Photo
This is my son's first deer with a vertical bow. He has killed a bunch with x bow and gun, decided he wanted to do it with a regular bow this year. 17 yard shot, 80 yard recovery.

13-Oct-15
Congrats on the deer everyone!

Huntinelk, that is a great picture! Congrats to your son!

13-Oct-15
Jeff- glad you found it! Nice Buck-congrats!

Huntin' Elk- Big Congrats to your son!

Hunted morning and evening today(actually yesterday now ;-) with no deer. Moved down to where I saw most of the deer last week. Seemed to be no movement in the area. Even driving around at mid-day and driving thru our community didn't see a deer, which is very unusual for this area.

13-Oct-15
Huntinelk, great picture. TA, nice buck.

13-Oct-15
Congrats to everyone on the success. Love that photo huntinelk, big congrats to you and your son. TA, I'm trying for one of those Pike County bucks as well, just need to find the time to get out there.

13-Oct-15
Congratulations to all the lucky hunters so far

13-Oct-15

Treerat's embedded Photo
Treerat's embedded Photo
Congrats to everyone especially the kid.

Finally got out again passed up a doe at 20 yards in 1A last night she was down wind sniffing where I walked And she was on edge, I didn't like her body language so I passed she didn't run off but she knew something was wrong. Had this buck come in this morning with another small buck 1A. There is your shot!

Mike

13-Oct-15
Great smile. I bet the only one bigger was on his Dad's face.

15-Oct-15
Saw 2 does Wed morning after the rain stopped from a blind around 8. Stayed home in the PM.

A small buck checked out the scrape about 7:30 today and a little while later 2 does came in. Foggy here.

15-Oct-15
Saw 2 does Wed morning after the rain stopped from a blind around 8. Stayed home in the PM.

A small buck checked out the scrape about 7:30 today and a little while later 2 does came in. Foggy here.

15-Oct-15
Congratulations to all the successful hunters, for these first two weeks. Me and the family have been out a few times, but deer activity has been slow. Katie, dad, and I all had big-bodied 4pts under our stands, and everything has been too far away for Wilson to shoot. Hoping things get rolling here soon. I have to dig out the orange for this Saturday, and get ready for the inline crowd. Good luck to everyone, and keep the pics coming!

15-Oct-15
huntinelk, Please tell him congrat's for me. I can see how proud he is!!!

16-Oct-15
Saw 2 non shooter bucks this morning. Just had hail here.

16-Oct-15
Seen small buck shortly after rain stopped, then decided to get out of stand 10 minutes early. I wanted to get to the feild to see if any deer were in it and almost got ran over by 2 doe being chased by another small buck. Other then that i got soaked!

17-Oct-15
No hunting for me again. Ended up going to med express this morning after work. Got a nasty cold with a ear infection. I'm scheduled 12 hrs tomorrow so no hunting again! Can't remember ever having this bad of a season as far as hunting time go's!:(

17-Oct-15

Mitch's embedded Photo
Mitch's embedded Photo
When I get some of my trail cam photos off my old computer I'll post a new thread about this buck. Funny thing was I was checking this thread on my phone when I heard a deer walking, never thought it would be him at 4:53 pm. Good luck to everyone, tomorrow morning should be a good one.

17-Oct-15
Very nice, Mitch..

17-Oct-15
Nice buck Mitch

18-Oct-15
Great buck Mitch, congrats!!

19-Oct-15
That's a beauty Mitch- congrats!

• Sitka Gear