deerman406 12-Oct-15
grizzlyadam 13-Oct-15
grizzlyadam 13-Oct-15
DeerDan 13-Oct-15
cuntrytocity 14-Oct-15
notme 14-Oct-15
cuntrytocity 14-Oct-15
09-Oct-15
Is it me or is this forum strangely quiet for this time of year? I thought that only the deer went through this.

09-Oct-15
Both

10-Oct-15
BOOOING!!!!!!!

10-Oct-15
Too bad no live hunts this morning. I'm sure plenty of guys out. Gotta have something to do with the reaction to some previous live hunts. Dam Monday morning quarterbacks!

10-Oct-15
I would say so treeman...funny thing is ,read some of the posts and see how many are gut shot,head shot,shoulder hits,track for 10 minutes,.seatched for an hour before work..hmmm.experts

10-Oct-15

DeerDan 's embedded Photo

10-Oct-15
Lull yes....do to changing patterns and this year October is gonna be tough just from the crazy amount of acorns on the ground.....

10-Oct-15

Emmitt's embedded Photo
Emmitt's embedded Photo
MY OPINION FOR THE LULL IS THE OVER ABUNDANCE OF ACORNS AS A FOOD SOURCE... I HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS MANY ACORNS IN THE WOODS IN MY LIFE.... IN PAST YEARS I HAD A THEORY / STRATEGY THAT WHEN THE DUCK HUNTERS STARTED BLASTING NEAR LAKES AND PONDS THE FIRST WEEK OF OCTOBER THE DEER START MOVING....

THIS IS THE FIRST YEAR DEER MOVEMENT DIDN'T PICK-UP DURING EARLY DUCK SEASON

10-Oct-15
I've been hunting white oaks and seeing deer everytime out! Not many bucks yet tho..

10-Oct-15
The more acorns the better. Amazing how everyone complained the past few years about no acorns and no deer movement because they went to find other foods....now acorns everywhere and you same people are saying no deer.

Acorns are good. Deer move all day just browsing and searching. Lots of movement.

Find a good patch and sit. Deer will be there.

10-Oct-15
Ah look at the cute doggies!! I miss my springer this time of year.

Of course, if I had a chick like the one in the first pic, I'd miss her a lot more!!

11-Oct-15
Swk.,if you expand that picture on your phone then turn 90* .BOOOING!!!

11-Oct-15
Get that hernia fixed SWK, had one in 2009. Walked around with it for about a year, the "ole boy" stopped rising to the occasion, got if fixed real fast once that happened.

12-Oct-15
Sorry to hear that, best of luck to you....

12-Oct-15
Remember too call, contact grunts and contact bleats work wonders this time of year. Just says hey I am over hear eating acorns. I am in NY not CT but it works everywhere. If you think the CT forum is in a lull, check out NY's. We have a good crop of acorns this year but no where near as many as last year. Shawn

13-Oct-15

grizzlyadam's embedded Photo
grizzlyadam's embedded Photo
October lull, nonsense poopey pants! Been seeing tons of deer lately, none of which are even touching acorns. Even checking stomach contents and finding very few. Wait till december, they will be hammering them. Colors are beautiful this time of year too.

13-Oct-15
Yea, long blood trail and long drag. Been seeing deer eating green browse and grazing more so than hitting acorns. The few stomachs I've opened have been mostly green with a few acorns mixed in. Just my observations. Im sure there are plenty of deer in the woods that are very happy just laying in bed under a nice oak holding their mouth open and not moving much. That must be where all the bucks are, I am not seeing many at all.

13-Oct-15

I could shoot does just about every trip..They hit the red acorns in December but whites they gobble up right away.

14-Oct-15
Hey Griz, I'm getting better at spotting travel routes and food sources, but is there a way or method you use to figure out where they're bedding.

14-Oct-15
Country, leave unopened packages of chips ahoy..they like them the best..and being that they're messy little bastards the bedding area should be easy to find..

14-Oct-15
LMAO....can always count on you "notme"

• Sitka Gear