Yodermeister 23-Oct-15
Ben Farmer 23-Oct-15
RC 23-Oct-15
Matt Tierney 25-Oct-15
Will tell 25-Oct-15
Ben Farmer 25-Oct-15
Rut Nut 25-Oct-15
17-Oct-15
Gosh the weather has been awesome! Ive only been out twice and Im taking Jami out for a sit in a blind today. Pics of HUGE bucks are all over the place. Theyre starting to move! Enjoy the leaves theyre leaving:) Hunting deers always changes after the leaves drop, and I noticed the corn has just been cut here in the SW.

Good luck wear your harness..... I'm getting a new SOP tomorrow at Cabelas.

17-Oct-15
Coldest morning yet. Rain should hold off this morning. Good Luck.

17-Oct-15
Good luck guys. I see the orthopedic sergon Tuesday to see what's going on with my shoulder.

17-Oct-15
First day of small game season.

Vacation from now until Nov 16.

Gonna finish a few things here today and tomorrow, load my backpack, and head to Potter.

17-Oct-15
Jeff, I noticed that I had not seen a squirrel all morning as of 8:30. 10 minutes later they were everywhere.

At 9 3 deer walked out of the woods about 100 yards behind me into a corn field. A doe was in the corner of the corn field I had to go around on the way to the house.

My brothers buddy got a nice 8 point in GA last night.

17-Oct-15
We're gettin closer.... At least 16 sightings we had a big ole girl at 25 but she wouldnt stop for nothing.

17-Oct-15
there was heavy movement here in the S.E. this morning Deer everywhere being chased. saw 26 total, 3 went down. felt like early Nov.

bill v

17-Oct-15
I love when the weather changes to fall. I get the urge to hunt, but when the first snow falls, my whole soul wants to be in the woods. Last night it had light flurries but when we got about an inch today I was out all day. Saw 5 does and three bucks. Two sub legal ones and one 9 point that didn't give me a good shot. Come Monday I will resume my chase. Good luck everyone and be safe.

18-Oct-15
Theyre chasing in SW!

18-Oct-15
I hoped to leave today, but I'm till packing. Backpack is about 3/4 packed. I done up 2 dozen traps last night, boiled in pokeberries and walnuts, then waxed. Finished a tomahawk and sheath today... another dozen arrows too... That gives me a dozen broadhead arrows, 10 small game arrows, and two Judos... all hickory. This may be the adventure of a lifetime... who knows, I might never get 4 consecutive weeks off like this again to do with as I please. Lots to do...

18-Oct-15
starting to see scrapes

18-Oct-15
Good luck with the shoulder Roy.Griz

18-Oct-15
Roy can sit in a blind with Jared. Jared can shoot but not track and Roy is vice-versa......

19-Oct-15
4 weeks Jeff???!!! I think if I had 4 weeks I might not come back............................. ;-)

Have FUN! :)

19-Oct-15
Saw a buck at 7:10 at 40 yards that I could not count, then 10 minutes later let a small 8 point pass by at the perfect angle at 12 yards. 2 does too. It was so frosty I could hear the 8 walking in the hay that I mow around the edge.

19-Oct-15
Im in 4A and watched 7 does n 2 bucks feeding in a field last night. The does nor the bucks even acklowledged each other. Nothing hot and heavy happening here yet. Ive taken 2 does already this season and havent seen a buck anywhere near the does, but am keeping fingers crossed that things start heating up around here soon.

19-Oct-15
Im in 4A and watched 7 does n 2 bucks feeding in a field last night. The does nor the bucks even acklowledged each other. Nothing hot and heavy happening here yet. Ive taken 2 does already this season and havent seen a buck anywhere near the does, but am keeping fingers crossed that things start heating up around here soon.

19-Oct-15
Seen 8 today on that coldest morning so far. Spike walked under me. Had doe come to me, watched her, then she headed away, to 4 other doe. When she got to the lead doe, she rared up on her backed legs as did lead doe of group, smacked each other. Must have known each other, maybe a courtship problem!Interesting.

Pat

19-Oct-15
Saw two pretty nice bucks tonight. First saw them about 5:50pm at about 80 yards. I tried grunting at them But couldn't get them to come in. I had the bigger buck a little worked up to the point where he would look and then tore up a little sapling but that's it.

It was nice to see a couple decent bucks up on their feet over a hour before dark. It's getting close!:)

19-Oct-15
Cant believe how crappy my season has been as far as even seeing much for deer. Only seen 8 deer total 2 were buck, small buck at that. Hope it turns around soon.

19-Oct-15
Cant believe how crappy my season has been as far as even seeing much for deer. Only seen 8 deer total 2 were buck, small buck at that. Hope it turns around soon.

20-Oct-15
Could not hunt Friday or Saturday due to work sure would have liked catching that cold front moving in. Hunted Ohio Sunday night did not see anything except a guy who set up within sight of the bedding area so it's no wonder why I saw no deer some peoples hunting strategies boggle my mind. Worked Monday on getting brakes oil and everything tightened up on the truck so I'm ready when vacation starts on Oct 28th... Hope to hunt Tuesday

Mike

20-Oct-15

Alan Anderson 's embedded Photo
My co-worker brought home this guy tonight from 2b ... Taken around 6:00pm , 100yd recovery . As for myself , due to working 2nd shift this week limits me to hunt the mornings only, and boy was it cold up in somerset 2c , 25 degrees. Nice new rubs showing up however .

Good luck this week, Alan

20-Oct-15

20-Oct-15
Dentist this morning. Heading out now.

20-Oct-15
Dentist this afternoon- unfrigginscheduled:(

Good deer Alan

20-Oct-15
Seen orthopedic doctor today.. Was good news. She said it's inflammation coupled with old age. She put a steroid shot into the shoulder socket. Said it should get better and better, but give the bow shooting about a week. So come the end of October, I'm gonna harvest a doe first. I just think does are better eating compared to a rutted up buck. I never was a horn hunter. But if that's what trips your trigger, then go for it.

20-Oct-15
Good to hear Roy. Wish we could figure out the age part of it.

I saw a bear tonight. A couple deer came in right before quitting time.

20-Oct-15
6 does and fawns tonight.

20-Oct-15
Great news RC

21-Oct-15
Thanks guys. Just pulled the camera card last night. Might have to keep an eye out for this guy. Not a monster but a nice high rack. Be a tuff choice if him and a doe were standing side by side :)

21-Oct-15
Nice Buck Allan!

Roy- good to hear it!

Dale- you and Jared having a tough year so far! :(

Hope to be on stand by 4:30 today. (leaving work early ;-)

21-Oct-15
Passed on a nice 7-point last night. He milled around under a big oak just pounding acorns for over an hour. I drew on him, just couldn't do it. There are much bigger bucks in the area.

21-Oct-15
Nothing wrong with that, Herd. I admire a hunter with those qualities.

21-Oct-15
I'm pretty sure he's a 3-year old buck. His right side is a nice 4, but he must have been injured or shot because his left side is a deformed 3 points. He appeared healthy. It was a great evening in the woods, just me and the buck stuffing his belly. He must have eaten a couple hundred acorns.

21-Oct-15
No deer this morning.

21-Oct-15
Went out last nite. Saw a Doe and 2 fawns. Plus, a cycote in Ohio.

21-Oct-15
I've past a lot of bucks in bow season. It gives me such a good feeling, watching them wonder on about their business:)

21-Oct-15
No hunting for me tonight. It's 75 degrees out right now and my daughter begged me not to go so I can teach her to ride her bike without training wheels.

21-Oct-15
Hunting an observation stand in Ohio right now busted a big buck out of the corn trying to sneak down the down wind side of this cornfield maybe he will circle back

Mike

21-Oct-15
Had 5 doe feed around me for aboug 25 minutes before finally leaving. No buck but thats no surprise with how my season has been going. Felt good to be in the stand with those deer that close without them knowing i was there. I rate it a good sit and enjoyed it.

22-Oct-15
Starting to get a few deer (older deer) in the shop the last few days... time to start hunting!

22-Oct-15
Nothing moving last evening. Could have got a limit of squirrels, though! ;-)

22-Oct-15
Dale,

OK, I'm thinking how to make this Constructive and Positive.................

I just came in from helping my X-gun user look for a doe he shot last evening. His X-gun blew up so he borrowed one from a buddy for this hunt. The mechanical head and bolt had white hair and tallow end to end. No blood, no nothing. Sounds like a typical low non-lethal hit if there ever was one. We gridded the woodlot and came up empty.

He's new to the game so I assured him we will get another crack at his deer. He felt bad. I told him that is a good thing. We should feel like crap after a wounding loss. Learn from it and try not to do it again. It's tough, but it happens. I've done it and knew how he felt.

A bad situation turned out alright in the end. We both came out of it a little wiser.

22-Oct-15
Nothing moving last night except tree rats and crows going crazy

22-Oct-15

Metikki's embedded Photo
Metikki's embedded Photo
~(8o)

22-Oct-15
Oh brother!

Does this mean I'm forgiven? ;)

22-Oct-15
You did nothin that needed me to forgive you.....

22-Oct-15
back to hunting:) hoping to get out tomorrow then I'm on vacation!! I'll be hunting until Wed when we go north to Niagara.

22-Oct-15
ROFLMFAO. Damn politician, you prolly voted in crossbows too.

23-Oct-15
Saw one little button buck last night in between the rain drops.

23-Oct-15
Passed my 7th buck last night, waiting for the big boys to show up.

23-Oct-15
Horn hunter:)

23-Oct-15
Close, Horny Hunter :)

23-Oct-15
had a lone antlerless deer walk by at 5 yards tonight, but it was small and there was not enough light to see my pins very well or be 100% sure it was not a button buck. The squirrels were busy tonight and the dry crunchy leaves made for quite a ruckus. I think this is about the peak weekend of fall foliage. I love being in the woods right now. Hopefully there will be a few blood trails on here in the morning. Enjoy and good luck!

23-Oct-15
Saw a doe, 9pt, and a spike tonight. The 9 pt followed the doe about 60 yards out from me. Things should start heating up next week!

23-Oct-15
Three does tonight.

25-Oct-15
They were moving up this way Friday evening. Had one of the best nights in the woods ever along with one back of a story. Ended up with a real funky 8 but it was the first buck I got with a bow so i am happy anyways. Maybe ill tell the story later and some pics

25-Oct-15
Might have knee surgery coming so took a small doe on Monday. Have only seen two 4 points and a spike but lots of does. I got another week so have to get er done quick.

25-Oct-15
Congrats on your first bow buck Matt! Post some pics!

25-Oct-15
Congrats Matt- let's hear the story!

• Sitka Gear