Crusader dad 30-Oct-15
PB in WI 31-Oct-15
BIGFKNJAY 02-Nov-15
Ladyarchr 06-Nov-15
Mike F 15-Sep-16
PB in WI 16-Sep-16
GVS 16-Sep-16
18-Oct-15
After an absence of one year, the annual Bowsite Gathering at the Northland Bar and Grill (Northland Ballroom for old folks like me) returns. All bowsite members who are in the area are welcome to join us at 7pm on Saturday, November 7. Bring pictures and stories to share. I have been told that the President and CEO of Stay Sharp Broadhead Sharpeners will be there with free samples of their newest product. I will also have my famous caramel corn for those who let me know they are coming.

I've been gone for a while,caring for my disabled mother. I look forward to having a chance to get together again with other hunters. See you there!

18-Oct-15
Where is the Northland Bar & Grill?

18-Oct-15
At the intersection of Hey 49 and Cty C in Northland, just north of Iola in Central WI

18-Oct-15
got ya, way south of me. No wonder I had never heard of it.

19-Oct-15
Dampland - You're north of the Northland Ballroom? You must really be "Up North".

19-Oct-15
heck I am north of the Brule River, ha ha,,,,, you know if I get lucky and have my tag punched, I think I will come down to that.....

have a sister in law, outside of big falls

19-Oct-15

Dampland's Link
You guys ever hear the expression "north of Hwy 8" ?

Well, I'm north of "48"

Got our own laws and rules up here, but no women to get excited about.

19-Oct-15
There are only a few of us who are actually in the area. Others are there for hunting in the area or just come for the visit.

19-Oct-15
Wish I could make it. Hope you all have a good time and have some good pictures to share. Have fun. Short bloodtrails.

19-Oct-15
LOL November!

19-Oct-15
Wow a chance to meet a real CEO? Too bad I have a colonoscopy and a root canal scheduled that night. Only 14 miles away as well.Besides, 11/7 is the best day to hunt and not waste it on the human cactus.

21-Oct-15
Not going to make it this time. That corn was awesome and if I was in the area it would be a for sure.

21-Oct-15
"Wow a chance to meet a real CEO? "

President and CEO. Chances are CTO and CFO too. Just think how star struck you'd feel. I'll be in the UP hunting with my son that weekend. Have fun everyone!

24-Oct-15
I wonder if a bowsite get together in person would be like a bowsite thread? Angry guys spouting off, Jealous guys spouting off, Monday morning cops spouting off, Im better than you guys spouting off. Your not a real hunter unless you do it just like me guys spouting off. If a get together is anything like the threads here I cant imagine anybody wanting to waste gas to partake even of all the bowhunting company CEO's were present.

25-Oct-15
Sorry, I will be busy with a mentored hunt. in Portage County.

I will be sure to pass it on to the local wardens that RC is up for the weekend. I am sure they will want to check out his corn pile.

Happy,

Did you forget he is the CJO and BOL??

25-Oct-15
it is a good idea, the get together, but who really is not going to be hunting on that date.......... only if I punch my tag, and so far, it has not been looking good........

seeing more deer in the north though, but no bucks yet

25-Oct-15
The date was chosen because most of the participants are hunting, just not after dark. Many live elsewhere, and hunt in the area of northern Waupaca, western Portage, or southern Shawano counties. It is a good time, without bickering.There is pretty good food and your beverage of choice to be had.

Some people bring stuff to share, either stuff they have made, found, or scavanged. I bring good used boning knives, and steels that others seem to use and enjoy. It is not a requirement to bring something, but it usually works to leave something at home, such as vendetas, personal agendas, and bad attitudes.

If you can make it that's great. If you can't or don't want to that's understood.

25-Oct-15
Well said PB.

25-Oct-15
Additionally, none of the following happened at the two Bowsite events that I hosted in Hayward many years ago:

"Angry guys spouting off, Jealous guys spouting off, Monday morning cops spouting off, I'm better than you guys spouting off. Your not a real hunter unless you do it just like me guys spouting off."

Just some hunters shooting the bull, eating some good food, shooting handguns at my place, and arrows at Gene's custom strings. (the handgun practice did inspire a couple of sheriff deputies to join us too.)

And yes, the 'CEO' was there.

25-Oct-15
Jeff you ever host another one I'll be there. Always looking for an excuse to head over that way.

26-Oct-15
Wish I could as our land and shack is not that far away in NE Portage Co. But that is my work weekend at work and I do work nights from 6-6.

26-Oct-15
"I wonder if a bowsite get together in person would be like a bowsite thread? Angry guys spouting off, Jealous guys spouting off, Monday morning cops spouting off, Im better than you guys spouting off. Your not a real hunter unless you do it just like me guys spouting off."

Amazing thing about the hiking boots that I wear; I can use them to walk away,...from my computer, from an annoyance, from guys spouting off. I'm self reliant in that.

29-Oct-15
If it weren't for the distance. I wouldn't mind meeting the guy from Stay Sharp. Im very happy with his sharpener and so are my buddies. I have to ask to get it back, Its making the rounds and the shop. I would not be interested in meeting several of the self important and self congratulatory and arrogant guys here, some of which are big land owners in Waupaca county. MY guess is the biggest mouths here would not last but a minute or two in an actual face to face meeting.

30-Oct-15
I would like to meet a few of the posters on here, during the prime period of bow season doesn't make sense to me. I would imagine most of us are fishermen too and turkey hunters. Something coinciding with spring turkey or fishing makes more sense. Chance for a little competition along with the camaraderie

31-Oct-15
Trapper, did you ever think that WE are the dinner show. I happen to think we are quite entertaining. I like your Elvis impersonations.

02-Nov-15
Jeff, Yeah let mew know too, I have land in Stone Lake.

06-Nov-15
Thanks Trapper,

I've been away from the computer and just on my tablet so couldn't post the change.

Thanks PB for the positive remarks. See you guys at Schmidt's tomorrow.

15-Sep-16
Sorry, I will be hunting the opposite direction this fall. My first weekend that I don't have anything going on this fall and I am going to spend it in Marathon County with my 85 year old hunting buddy. He's only got like 15 more good years of hunting left.

Have fun!

16-Sep-16
Don't plan around me but I will be at a wedding in Milwaukee on Nov. 5. The groom is from a big hunting family too. Who plans a wedding during the rut? The bride must have picked the date.

16-Sep-16
I would join you but I will be hunting IA then.

• Sitka Gear