bill v 13-Jan-16
DCNOE 13-Jan-16
DCNOE 15-Jan-16
JoeBow 21-Jan-16
Bowhunting 5C 25-Jan-16
Bob McArthur 27-Jan-16
Bob McArthur 27-Jan-16
19-Oct-15
How we doing gang? Starting to see some big boys moving around the acorns & Apples corn still up in many places....

21-Oct-15
Hello Joe. polluted with deer again millions of acorns , find the right tree and they return everyday. certain tree they just can't resist I have one stand that 7 are down out of lots of chasing and seeing a ton

in that stand now

Bill v

21-Oct-15
I hunt in the same area as Bill. Agree loaded with acorns. Great early season activity. Two weeks ago bucks chasing doe like crazy. Last week slowed up for me thought. To the point Saturday I hunted am and pm and didn't see a deer. Tuff to figure out since I was getting multiple reports of great activity.

Corn still up on the one farm I hunt that has it. And probably will be for a while since they seem to cut late every year.

On stand now 7 doe so far so better than its been. No shot opportunities yet this morning.

Dave

21-Oct-15
Passed on two different 6 points that were running doe this past Saturday.

23-Oct-15
Lots of Does here in lower bucks, missed a really nice 8ptr.10-15 in am shot under him. Saw another slammer 10-16 in am Feeding heavy in the Acorns no interest in does. Lots of young bucks harassing does. Too many ML & shot gun's this week. upcoming week should be good

23-Oct-15
I better shoot a buck soon, I've passed up 19 shots a doe behind my house so far this season and things are starting to get itchey..

27-Oct-15
This morning lots of small bucks wandering around passed on a decent 7 pointer hope I don't regret it.

27-Oct-15

28-Oct-15
Watched a doe cross 50ft in front of me this morning and get smoked by a construction truck in Whitehall Pa on Rt 145.

28-Oct-15
Shot a doe on Saturday morning on a farm in 5D that I hunt.

30-Oct-15
This morning 2 does with yearlings no chasing today. Heading to Maryland for the week.

30-Oct-15
bob congrats on the doe now get you buck..

09-Nov-15
Hey guys back from Maryland should have booked a fishing or golf trip. Nothing but small bucks moving. Missed this mornings hunt. Any movement in our area?

14-Nov-15
Was really hit and miss for last 2 weeks for me. Have a good afternoon followed by 2 slow days. Rut activity spotty at best. I'm assuming higher than normal temps had a lot to do with the decreased activity.

For me it really turned on Friday morning and has been good again today. Winds are up but temps down and deer are more active.

Dave

16-Nov-15
It has been slow Friday & Sat. small bucks/yearlings moving in daylight + the wind was brutal. Most big bucks on trail cams are still at night. Best movement has been when the temps have been in the 40's - high 50' not too many of those days so far. We will see first time hunting a week 7. Good luck.

24-Nov-15
Crazy question....is it worth sitting all day still?

24-Nov-15
Full moon now. Try 10 to 2.

25-Nov-15
Agree 10 to 12 may be the time. My work schedule allows very few midday sits. I spend a lot of mornings and evenings in the 5D woods and those times have been as unpredictable as any year I can remember. Best of luck!

25-Nov-15
In 5D Monday and Tuesday and saw -0- deer. That full moon is a killer. However, Thursday through the last Saturday s/b better. I have noticed deer grouping up though.

25-Nov-15
Out now and yes Agee they huddling up. Seems to be early.

25-Nov-15
Out now and yes Agee they huddling up. Seems to be early.

07-Dec-15
Anybody get out last week w/ or getting this week w/the bow..5D

07-Dec-15
My condolences to the family. My prayers are with you.

07-Dec-15
shot a doe sat morn. deer everywhere saw 25 total including a big 8 chasing a doe

bill v

08-Dec-15
5D was quiet, for the first time in years Evansburgh Park was quiet. I sat almost all day, 3 shots in the AM and -0- in Pm after noon. That my friends almost never happens.

09-Dec-15
Ran into Bill V. & B Sked Saturday morning in Bucks County after Billy shot that doe. Bill paid for breakfast, can't wait to see what that marker is when he calls it in. :)

10-Dec-15
Great seeing you again Bob. Good luck the rest of the season.

18-Dec-15
this morning just saw a huge 8ptr. dogging a young doe, Dec. Rut..

Not sure why they close the archery season in the Spec. Regs. these few weeks.

18-Dec-15
I know why. They opened it up for either sex on Sept 19th, the gun guys heads would be spinning off if we got "anymore time" in the woods before the rest of the state. Doe only would be nice but hey, we got to hunt till the 28th of November, I am cool with the way it is. And we still get the entire month of Jan.

But, it will be 70 degrees plus for next Saturday, advantage- Deer.

19-Dec-15
The break in action is good. It gives the deer a break and believe it or not there will be more sightings and harvest will spike up

07-Jan-16
Hey guys any action in 5D??

07-Jan-16
Yup.

11-Jan-16
Whinning again Ron? Take up stock in cleanex lady!

12-Jan-16
PaWheeliebow, Ma'am you're wrong just like every other crybaby post you've ever made here! PMS'ing??

12-Jan-16
they're moving some in the evenings now. some properties are dead until late at night. still very slow at the feeders you must hunt natural food sources since there is so much browse

Sat saw lots of sign at heavy big cover

keep at it boys

bill via

13-Jan-16
it's a little chilly out here today

got in stand about 20 mins ago

seems like the first signs of winter

bill v

13-Jan-16

bill v's embedded Photo
bill v's embedded Photo
it's always a good day being in a stand

view

13-Jan-16
had 4 come by. one down

13-Jan-16
Was also out this evening and yes it was cold. But deer where moving. Was using my recurve and comfort level isn't much beyond 20 yards. Saw 25-30 deer a good mix of doe and young buck. With a real nice big 8 that came in late just before last light. I was looking for a doe tonight. Boy is it tuff to get in shooting position when you have 20 sets of eyes looking and your in a tree with zero cover. I was never able to let an arrow fly, but it was a lot of fun trying. Hope to get back out Friday.

15-Jan-16
So what a difference 2 days and significantly warmer temps make. Same stand and deer movement was way down. Saw 2 spike bucks together at 420 and that was it. May try again tomorrow afternoon.

21-Jan-16
Hey guys only a few days left!! 1-16- pm had 3 small forker's dogging 2 very small does like the rut.. Mature bucks still on film 11pm to 4am. cannot figure them out. good luck be safe. Friday may be a good day before the snow..

25-Jan-16
Saturday was a total wash out! Too much snow.

27-Jan-16

Bob McArthur's embedded Photo

27-Jan-16

• Sitka Gear