Doe Tag?
New York
Contributors to this thread:
Geo_Jeep_ 25-Oct-15
erict 25-Oct-15
Geo_Jeep_ 26-Oct-15
hammer 26-Oct-15
25-Oct-15
I went to Dicks in White Plains today to get a Nonresident Licenses with Bowhunting. I was told this is for Buck only. Doe Tag is a lottery and it had to be in by Oct 1st. I new about the Buck restrictions but I cant understand the Doe lottery. Unless I'm reading the guide wrong $100 for lic and another $30 for Bow privilege. Do I need to go to City Hall or DEP office??

25-Oct-15
You should have got a regular season deer tag good for an antlered deer during the regular season, plus an either sex tag that you can use during the archery season, plus a bear tag. Either sex means buck or doe, so I'm not sure what you think the issue is.

The "doe lottery" is known as the DMP instant lottery. The deadline was October 1, so plain and simple you missed the deadline.

There is another lottery held at the beginning of November called "First come-first serve" or "leftover" which offers up to two DMPs per person as long as they are available for that particular Wildlife Management Unit. First come first serve lotteries are only available for WMUs that have lots of antlerless deer that need to be taken - they are not available for every WMU. Last year they were available for 1C, 3M, 3R, 3S, 7F, 7H, 8A, 8F, 8G, 8H, 8J, 8N, 9A, 9F.

Good luck.

26-Oct-15
Thats what I thought the guy at Dicks said no. So instead of hunting this morning I'm making Lasagna. Then off the Town Hall for Lic.

26-Oct-15
Welcome to New York...good luck in the woods

• Sitka Gear