Proline 29-Oct-15
26-Oct-15
How many of ya process your own deer?

27-Oct-15

Brosb4Does's embedded Photo
Brosb4Does's embedded Photo
I have people for that

27-Oct-15
Lol...that's awesome. That's how we did it back home. Everybody helped out. Great pic...

27-Oct-15
My wife loves butchering, she's a skinning machine, ok, she's a bit slow, but she's all excited to get at it. She skins while I setup the table/grinder etc.

I debone and toss it on the table and she attacks that. Once I'm done deboning, I help her.

then we wrap, clean up and put it all away til the next one is hanging in the garage.

27-Oct-15
Bob H that's sweet. You got yourself a good wife bub...I don't know if there are anymore girls out here that are lIke that.. ? but yeah I remember my grandma butchering chickens when I was younger. I think its something that is great to know how to do.

28-Oct-15
They are around, sometimes you have to build them!

When we got married, she was afraid of guns and never been exposed to hunting, fishing or camping.

When I cleaned my rifle in our first apartment she would leave the room. She never had an issue with me doing any of it, just it scared her as unknown.

For our 5 year anniversary she bought me a shotgun (nothing like your wife saying "close your eyes I have a surprise" then you hear metal clinking and the very distinctive sound of a pump shotgun. Yikes!)

Now after 28 years, two grown sons who hunt, my wife is: - Two time NH 3D state archery champion - NETA "World Champion" - She loves hunting, has hunted unsuccessfully for years (couple of misses with bow, no shots with guns) - Is terror with a pellet gun on the chipmunks who raid her bird feeder - Shot her first turkey this spring - Shot her first deer with a bow this fall

I had to "build her" but yes, she's a keeper!

28-Oct-15
Wow Bob H that's incredible. 3d state champion holy smokes that's awesome. Way to go Bob, very nice. Now see if she would've never meet ya. She more then likely would not be the 3D state champion. To cool. I love the part of the 5 year anniversary gift. Lol...that's great. I bet you opened your eyes real quick huh...lol. love it. So you live in NH huh... I take it you bow hunt? Compound or traditional? I am getting back into traditional. After 22 years. I figured I need more of a challenge then with a compound. Plus I am learning to make them as well. I want to make all of it. From strings to arrows, everything.

Hopefully I can build me one like that Bob, I know there has to be one more out there like that. I would have to think that it brought you guys closer together as well. You guys get to share the outdoors together. That's what I want. Well done Bob, we'll done bud...

29-Oct-15
Yup, we bow hunt! For our 15 year anniversary we went archery elk hunting! For my 40th she sent me elk hunting. It's always a toss up for vacation, some place warm when it's cold or hunting!

She hit a MONSTER bull elk hunting that we never found, hit it high in the shoulder, second shot hit a branch. When the outfitter looks at the tracks and says "this is a big bull" then you know it was a big bull. Bummer we never found it.

Oh, and she's better than me on a tough blood trail!

29-Oct-15
Come on Bob stop telling stories........... Just kidding cuz! Hope you guys get into the deer again. Off to a slow start for me here in Mass.

• Sitka Gear