Dphelps 30-Oct-15
Arrowflinger 31-Oct-15
hawg 02-Nov-15
Stinkbait1 02-Nov-15
horseapple 03-Nov-15
horseapple 03-Nov-15
Dphelps 04-Nov-15
26-Oct-15
Hello! I am headed to MCAAP for the first time this week. I've been waiting 15 years!! I drew Boggy. Tips on locations would be great. Has anyone had success there in the past?

27-Oct-15
Don't be afraid to hunt close to the roads or on the ground. The deer there are used to traffic on the roads. They live there and cross the roads every single day. In some areas good trees for stands can be hard to come by. Take a good stool and build a ground blind out of the many big cedar trees that are on the property. Cut yourself a window out of the cedar and pile the branches up in front of you. Be able to shoot sitting down. This is almost like shooting out of a pop up blind. Of course, play the wind and if you can have the sun at your back its even better. A face mask and gloves are a must when ground hunting. Lots of guys will want to hunt around the food plots. Those can be good but they get crowded pretty fast. Scrape and rub lines should be opening up and will be pretty fresh. I would look for that kind of sign and set up on it. I would stay out all day. Coming in for lunch is a pain. Back your lunch and either stay in the woods or go back to the truck if you want a break. Most of all, have fun and obey the rules.

30-Oct-15
Let us know how it turns out, I will be there next weekend.

31-Oct-15
I hunt at MAAP next weekend. Hunt starts on the 6th. should be good. Hoping for cool weather and no rain! LOL

02-Nov-15
Three of us will be there starting on the 6th....my question is why no updates? No talking whatsoever...Haven't there been any bowsiters hunting down there yet? This site is usually hopping with stories by now....The Mac website hasn't even been updated (the last I checked anyway).

02-Nov-15
I heard of one P&Y buck that was killed last weekend and apparently it was the first biggun killed this year. Typically, the white hats have killed a couple of giants by now

03-Nov-15
I hunted this past weekend and the bucks were on the move, I saw 10 different bucks and missed a big 8pt that was in a trot. Two of my hunting partners shot does so they recieved quality passes. It should be good this coming weekend, BTW I hunted Boggy.

JD

03-Nov-15
Not sure but they might have been 3 bucks that scored P&Y. I want to mention that i was very impressed with the new gentlemen that took Bill Starrys place, the place is just impressive with all the shed antlers that are on display, its a bowhunters dream hunt.

04-Nov-15
Thanks guys for the updates.

• Sitka Gear