RC 03-Nov-15
Gunner85 03-Nov-15
Bowhunting 5C 04-Nov-15
Rut Nut 05-Nov-15
Treerat 05-Nov-15
RC 05-Nov-15
Treerat 05-Nov-15
27-Oct-15
wanted to know if anyone has been seeing any rutting activity yet? on vacation next week and am hoping I picked the right week.

27-Oct-15
Nothing, nada, nope. Isn't happening...

27-Oct-15
It's over, missed it, gotta wait till next year, sorry. Those are the breaks.

27-Oct-15
Next week will be awesome. There should be lots of bucks cruising, and some chasing.

27-Oct-15
Hunting both 5C and a large part of 5D, I gotta say there is nothing happening in either areas.

Full moon tonight, large bands of rain and rising temps will likely keep it that way.

27-Oct-15
Nothing here yet.

27-Oct-15
Scrapes becoming more common, saw a little buck bumping a doe bedding area Monday things should start heating up here soon vacation starts tomorrow life is good

Mike

27-Oct-15
Not seeing much in my area of the SW. Had a decent buck follow a doe last week one day but he really wasn't showing any interest in her. He came out about 5 minuets behind her and just hung back about 20 or 30 yards from her.

27-Oct-15
Looks like they are chasing pretty good today,saw 3 separate daytime roadkills on a less than 3 mile ride home from work this evening! Rt 30 just east of Pittsburgh

27-Oct-15
Things got interesting tonight in PA I was hunting downwind of a doe bedding area and there was a buck doing that long drawn out growl I've only heard mature bucks do in the past, the doe were running around snorting at him deer were running around in the water splashing around when I realized he was not coming my way I grunted back at him but he was on that doe, couple minutes later a nice 2 1/2 year old 6 point about 16 inch spread came right in from a different direction vacation starts tomorrow

Mike

28-Oct-15
No rut activity here in central PA, was in my stand from 6:45 - dark yesterday(looooong day) and seen 16 doe and 2 buck

28-Oct-15

mattandersen's embedded Photo
mattandersen's embedded Photo
Had this guy at 30 yards late yesterday afternoon, I am hunting in a thick, steep(almost unhuntable) wood lot in 2B. Couldn't get a shot off...grunted and he started coming my way but then didn't. Rattled/grunted when he was out of site to try and get him to come back to no avail. So thick I couldn't see what he was up to but a (fairly) mature buck on his feet in daylight is a good thing! Good luck to all!

28-Oct-15
Pretty buck Matt. Bet that guy had your BP up a bit.

His tarsal glands look like he's been usin' 'em.

28-Oct-15
Absolutely! I couldn't tell if it was him at first but was certainly hopeful! When I realized it was him, after I grunted and he started my way my BP was way up! haha Too bad he didn't keep coming in...that's why it's called hunting! I love it!

28-Oct-15
That's a beauty Matt!! Good luck!!

28-Oct-15
Nice buck Matt, shooter for sure! As far as rut activity, seen a little going on, no big uns yet, little guys sniffing around. Rubs & scrapes are showing in their usual places. Had a group of 10 does run past me, I"m sure it was a buck chasing them, but no show. I think your timing for vacation is about right, though I see warming trend, which not good.

Pat

28-Oct-15
That is a real nice buck Matt I know you'll get him. Yes Gonzo pretty depressing temps in the 60's four days next week, nothing kills a rut like warm weather.

This rain is killing me in the swamp I was hunting yesterday all my best spots are in washouts, when they fill with water the Deers movement patterns change, they all flooded out after that hurricane came through in 2012 and screwed up my best stands for the whole season, that was the only year I didn't kill a mature buck with either bow or gun in there since 2007 and it was full of water that year also. Hopefully the rain will die down soon. I'm ready to get back in there right now.

Mike

28-Oct-15
maybe I should just go steelhead fishing instead.

28-Oct-15
Thanks guys! I'm gonna try and kill him tomorrow after work!

29-Oct-15
Did not see a deer this morning, hunted from 6:45 - 1000. Spotted last night at 10:00 did not see a buck. No rut activity yet

29-Oct-15
Girlfriend is coming over tonight........

/:^)

29-Oct-15
Ya gonna make a scrape and rub some trees, Herd? LOL

30-Oct-15
LMFAO....

30-Oct-15
Worked a double shift yesterday so didnt get much rest but I slept in this morning. Gonna hed out at noon and sit til dark and give it all day tomorrow. Somethin gotta start happening soon

30-Oct-15
Seen the first scrapes tonight.

30-Oct-15
Seeing scrapes, nice rubs and lots of spikes and 4 points. A few of them are or seem to be tending does. But NO grunting or chasing going on in any of the area I've been in 2B/2C.

31-Oct-15
On the way back in from our spots this morning there were 12 scrapes along the edge of the field where I mow along the woods. Lots of broken branches.

01-Nov-15
I thought last night was going to be the night, in the last 30 - 40 minutes I saw 8 different doe walk by my stand at 20 yes. NOT A SINGLE BUCK. No Rut Activity in central PA

01-Nov-15
Buck chasing a doe this morning up the road.

01-Nov-15
Saw a nice 8 point and a big 10 point chasing a doe yesterday in the Northeast. Missed the 10 point. Couldn't get him to stop until he got in the woods. They were hot on her.

01-Nov-15
Saw a Giant buck Fridsy morning, he was alone and snuck in 40 yards down wind on me at 8am. Hunted about a mile from there Saturday say dark till dark had a doe & fawn come in at 11:30am all nervous with the wind at their back looking back, the doe kept leading her fawn through the water walking up and down through the water circling around and finally crossing a deeper creek and leaving. I figured now is the time to grunt, two minutes later a nice 8 point about 100 inches came right in to me trying to find that doe he could not figure our witch way she went it was kind of funny to watch that old girl shook him. I could have shot him 20 times over..

Mike

02-Nov-15
My bro in law shot a slammer buck in Ohio today that was all rutted up.

03-Nov-15
Seeing plenty of scrapes and some rubs. I saw one buck yesterday morning that looked like a small 6. To far away from my stand to get a real good look. Good luck to all.

03-Nov-15

Brad Gehman's embedded Photo
Brad Gehman's embedded Photo
These guys were getting serious.

03-Nov-15

RC's embedded Photo
RC's embedded Photo
All I've seen.

03-Nov-15
Had same big 10 point that I missed Saturday night at 18 yards tonight. Could not get him to stop chasing a doe. Could have have taken a trotting shot but wouldn't risk a moving shot. Half hour later a very nice 8 point came out. Can't even think about shooting the 8 point after seeing the big 10 point. Called my boss and told him I would be late to work in morning. Have to see if the 10 is back in the morning.

04-Nov-15
Seen 1 good buck 12:30 middle of the day on Monday. Nothing after. Looks like what ever the weather will be doing will dictate if movement during the day is possible. However 72 degrees in November for 5D?

Come on Winter, where are you?

05-Nov-15
Sat all day yesterday sun up to sun down- ZERO deer! Won't get out now til Sat afternoon. Then gonna hunt Mon-Wed til I get one! ;-)

05-Nov-15
Saw 3 bucks today cruzen between 11:15 and 12:30 hanging here as long as I can have to take wife out to dinner for her birthday, being born in November ...,the nerve of her

Mike

05-Nov-15
Mike, call and order a pizza and have it delivered to the house for her. Then ya might wanna get a motel room for yourself tonight. LOL

05-Nov-15
If anyone delivers chocolate I may just be able to sleep at home ; ) still in a tree I'll leave at 5 ....maybe

Mike

• Sitka Gear