Public land near Bucknell U?
Pennsylvania
Contributors to this thread:
Rut Nut 28-Oct-15
bill v 28-Oct-15
Rut Nut 28-Oct-15
DarienHunter 28-Oct-15
28-Oct-15
Just found out I will be in the Bucknell area on Fri/Sat this week. I have to drop my son off for a college visit around noon on Fri. He's going to sit in on a few classes with a friend and then check out campus life on Sat.

I really don't want to hang around in a hotel room all weekend, so gonna take the hunting gear and do some exploring. Any suggestions on where to start? Will have to see what SGL are nearby.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

28-Oct-15
Ray Bucknell !!

my daughter 2013 grad. let me know if he needs info

eat at The Fence across the river if it's still open. if open this week end will be the last this year

I drove from Bucknell to PSU. on 45. there was a state GL or state park somewhere down there. don't remember how far is he a swimmer?

great pool

good luck. your gonna be broke

Bill v

28-Oct-15
LOL Bill! No, he's just going to get an idea what college classes and campus life is like. No way he/we can afford a Patriot League school. More like PSAC or community college. ;-) But we have to start somewhere and he got an invite from one of his friends.

And no, he's not the swimmer- that's our daughter. She has already had several meets at Bucknell. Hopefully by the time she is ready for college she will have some offers....................... ;-)

Thanks for the info!

28-Oct-15
I went to college down the road at Susquehanna. There at tons of State Game Lands in the area. Just check out Google Maps. There was one that was about ten minutes from SU if I remember correctly. Lots of Amish in the area...

• Sitka Gear