pogo 02-Nov-15
Peepin Tom 02-Nov-15
Ace of Spades 03-Nov-15
Ace of Spades 04-Nov-15
pogo 04-Nov-15
sweet old bill 05-Nov-15
Sureshot516 12-Nov-15
28-Oct-15
Anybody see any chasing yet?Its got to be soon.Found a few fresh scrapes yesterday.

28-Oct-15
Lots of fresh ones in 9H as well but still only getting night shots of the big boys.

28-Oct-15
Scrape activities have actually slowed down in my area near Rochester. I was getting 30 to 35 pictures during two nights but now only getting about 5 or 6.

I'm not sure what is going on.

28-Oct-15
Pogo its because we had a little cold snap and that got the bucks thinking. I believe now for the next couple days things will start to pick up as the young bucks will get it in their head to start harassing the does, this will actually help trigger the does to start coming into estrous and it will be on. I would say by the end of next week there will be lots of chasing. Shawn

28-Oct-15
Friend called last night to report a grunting buck pestering several doe under some oaks. Looks like things are heating up.

28-Oct-15

skipmaster1's embedded Photo
skipmaster1's embedded Photo
I had a few bucks grunting and bothering a doe on Tuesday. All young bucks but one was a nice 115-120" who will be great in a few years. I had a doe in heat walk right out of the action and under my stand and not one buck chased or followed her. Really strange. She held her tail straight out, urinated a few times and stunk like estrous when she got under me.

28-Oct-15

woodsman's embedded Photo
woodsman's embedded Photo
Seeing lots of little guys moving! No major chasing as of yet.

29-Oct-15
Had 2 fawns by themselves for the first time this year in my backyard this am. Up until today they have been part of a family doe group moving through each morning. Guess the ladies are getting ripe.

29-Oct-15
Went in early this morning.Stayed till 11:00.Rattled and used the bleat can,no response or sightings.It was real warm!!!

29-Oct-15
On Saturday a little spike was chasing around does until an old doe scared him away. Next week the mature bucks should be starting to move.

29-Oct-15
Give it another week but it only takes one doe coming in early.

29-Oct-15

Ace of Spades's embedded Photo
Temps coming up look warm.... This is for Utica area

29-Oct-15
Temps coming up look warm.... This is for Utica area

29-Oct-15
Yup, warm will not stop it. Just may make the does move more at night so more chasing and such late and early. Lets hope it get cold through out the country. Kansas is gonna be 70-75 sunday and monday. Shawn

29-Oct-15
that's why I postponed my trip a few days. Was going out Sat.

30-Oct-15
Had a great sit yesterday afternoon. Mature bucks were on their feet. I had a 100" eight point grunting and nudging does around and just before dark the buck I have been after shows up and has a stare down with the eight. He snort wheezes and runs the smaller buck off. He then proceeds to casually check each doe in the area.

My buddy also so a mature buck midday yesterday.

Good luck everyone.

30-Oct-15
'Beck was it crazy windy where you were? Gusting to 35 mph at my place.

30-Oct-15
Still no chasing here near Rochester but more scrape action on my trail camera.

This morning I did pass up a decent buck I probably should have shot. Details coming to my thread soon.

30-Oct-15
one young buck making a scrape at 6:15pm. He had no interest in gentle rattling or quiet grunts.

31-Oct-15

Dead so far today... Cold and crisp- 26 degrees unit 7J

31-Oct-15
'right across the street in 7H. Except for the one buck, totally dead. But we've been absolutely raped by nuisance shooting over the last 3 years so...

02-Nov-15

Jim_Bow's embedded Photo
Jim_Bow's embedded Photo
My Halloween Buck. I've seen a lot of young bucks this year in early-mid Oct(spike, 4, 4, 5, 7, 8, 8, & 9) but the past 2 weeks none. Sat just before 8am this guy came in from my right 150 yards out and passed @ 32 yards in front me of quartering away...hit a bit far back but took out his liver and one lung. He trotted off ~75 yards and dropped in his tracks. 145lb 8 pointer cut up and in the freezer. Shooting a Parker @ 60 lbs with Deadringer 3-blade Rampage.

02-Nov-15
One more pic.

02-Nov-15

Jim_Bow's embedded Photo
Jim_Bow's embedded Photo
One more pic...trying again. :)

02-Nov-15
nice

02-Nov-15
Congrats, brudda!

02-Nov-15
Good buck! Congrats

02-Nov-15
Ace, sweet stache!

03-Nov-15
Thanks!

04-Nov-15
Had a small 8 chasing does in a swamp this morning. Wasn't too serious though as she got distance on him and he gave up the chase. Good to see though.

04-Nov-15
I just got back after driving from Rochester to Verona along the Thruway and back. We never saw a dead deer along the side of the road anyplace either while coming or going!

In fact, we never saw a deer standing along the side of the road. That's not normal for this time of year.

If the rut was on there would have been many.

05-Nov-15
The warm weather has them coming out after dark and feeding. The cold weather is back by the weekend for normal Nov weather and this may help trigger the rut.

12-Nov-15
Hey guys new to the site, been lurking for a few weeks

I hunt here on Long Island, NY most of the time and occasionally Upstate NY

this past weekend 11/6 here on the island it seems the chasing has really kicked in, i hunted 3 afternoons-dark and had chasing going on each day, i think it's mostly young bucks stirring up the does as i has a spike dogging a doe left and right as an 8pt watched with no interest in the doe at all

• Sitka Gear